Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thankyou, shes slowly getting it through it.
Its not the sort of thing you expect after being together for 11 yrs, engaged for 4 and then be told that 5 days after getting back from the honeymoon.
The other woman was even invited to the evening reception.

The £25k doesn't come into it, as long as my duaghter and 2 yr old grand-daughter survive well.

That's disgusting, what a coward.

Have the guts to admit it before putting your poor daughter through the embarrassment of getting married to a complete infraction.

Hope she takes him to the cleaners.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Its not the sort of thing you expect after being together for 11 yrs, engaged for 4 and then be told that 5 days after getting back from the honeymoon.

The £25k doesn't come into it, as long as my duaghter and 2 yr old grand-daughter survive well.
How tragic. Difficult to understand unless it applies to you.

Really sorry for everybody concerned especially your daughter and yourself and hopefully things will improve soon.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
My laptop deciding it won't connect to my wi-fi.
Mobiles do, as does Mrs Slime's laptop ......................................... just not mine and I've tried just about everything!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

A couple of days ago, it came up on my memories on Facebook about my lovely 60th birthday meal 1 yr ago at a nice swanky pub. Daughter told me at the meal she was splitting up with her long term partner who was with us that night. Suffice to say it was a crap night for me.
The split was amicable and he said he had “just fell out of love”.
So Mr and Missis T go on there Panama Canal cruise and I got a phone call. Daughter was informed by a good friend that he had seen her ex partner walking hand in hand through Sherwood Forest a month earlier with another woman. Bottom line he had been cheating on my daughter and had been caught red handed.
As part of the “ amicable” split, my daughter let her ex stay in the house til he finished his firearms course for Notts police.
That amicable agreement finished that day. She bagged all his stuff up in bin liners and promptly took the lot down to Mansfield Police station and told the desk sargeant to let PC ? Know that his stuff had been dumped in the reception area. Every cop knew what a tit he had been at the point.
A year later she has found a lovely guy and is far far happier than she ever was with her ex.
Hopefully Young Daughter BM finds happiness sooner rather than later.👍

Last edited:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thankyou all.
It's fair to say that not only did none of us see this coming, but the emotional blender it puts you through when you know there is nothing you can do to ease her pain is beyond anything I/ we have felt before.
My youngest is already getting counceling and therapy, which is already helping immensley, especially as the excuses list is getting longer and longer.
In time she will heal, as we all do, and move on with her life. She will be the fantastic mum her daughter needs and will have her back until her final day.
Thankyou all once again, and sorry to burden you with it.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Thankyou all.
It's fair to say that not only did none of us see this coming, but the emotional blender it puts you through when you know there is nothing you can do to ease her pain is beyond anything I/ we have felt before.
My youngest is already getting counceling and therapy, which is already helping immensley, especially as the excuses list is getting longer and longer.
In time she will heal, as we all do, and move on with her life. She will be the fantastic mum her daughter needs and will have her back until her final day.

Hope you all manage to put this dreadful episode behind you. And never apologise for sharing a problem.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thankyou all.

Everybody in life needs a way to process and deal with rubbish that life serves them up.

We all cope differently

Never apologise for attempting to process a situation you have found yourself in through no fault of your own.

I wish you and your family the best through this 👍

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Thankyou all.
It’s odd, but even though I told my story of my daughter being cheated on, it’s kinda therapy just getting it off your/ my shoulders and opening up about it on here.
She will get over it, and bottom line although she might not feel it now, she is better off without the plank.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Thankyou all.
Mate,
This forum is a bit of a mish mash of various individuals, which makes up a kind of weird family.
At its worst, it’s destructive, but at its best, it is very supporting and positive.
I have benefited immensely from the support that the forum can give and I’m glad to see the outpouring of support for your family

Never ever apologise for opening up, on here,

Help is always offered to those who seek it( apologies to JKR)

I hope you and your family come to terms with events and move on and find peace 👍

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Thankyou all.
Definitely not a burden buddy

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mate,
This forum is a bit of a mish mash of various individuals, which makes up a kind of weird family.
At its worst, it’s destructive, but at its best, it is very supporting and positive.
I have benefited immensely from the support that the forum can give and I’m glad to see the outpouring of support for your family

I hope you and your family come to terms with events and move on and find peace 👍
Thankyou very much, and yes the support and comments have been very helpful and consoling.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mate,

When I was new to the game, I played with a very patient fella. I was military golf but he stayed with me.

He taught (consoled) me that ‘golf is a game of recovery with some occasional good holes’. It is a line that has stayed with me forever. Especially when he also told me, ‘… so is life’. We will all go thru ups and downs, will get lemons, will have highs.. karma is also a bitch, it will come and bite you when you don’t expect it.

Stay strong and hope you can all support each other. Never apologise on this forum (except when you get an infraction)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thankyou all.

It is most certainly NOT a burden.
When I suffered from clinical depression I found talking about it very cathartic.
If you feel the same, just crack on.
Plenty on here happy to both listen and help.
I'm always open to a DM, if required. (y)