Random Irritations

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some are easy to spot. Some less so. And some won’t be spotted by mods because we can’t read every post.

I’ll say the same to you as I do to anyone. If you spot a post which either breaches forum guidelines, or may have been made by someone previously banned, report it.
I dont understand why we get the kryptic posts on banned members. Why just call them out?

D-S

Visit site
I dont understand why we get the kryptic posts on banned members. Why just call them out?
Couldn’t agree more. It would be good to know who they are as it would be easier to hit the ignore button or skip past their posts as you would have done previously when you knew who they were.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Companies who sell their products for more on their own website than through other retailers.

Had this a few times, want to buy an item, the company itself is not that big so went to their website to buy it so as they get all of the profit. The find is is significantly more expensive than most third party retailers are selling it for. I appreciate that they may have a deal not to undercut their retailer customers but surely that should work both ways.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some bloke is suing Britains Got Talent because they cancelled his audition during Covid as he had travelled and they (apparently) didn’t tell him. He wants travel, food and accommodation which seems fairly reasonable. Where he is whistling in the wind is the fact he also reckons he had a deal to make more songs on the back of the audition - this deal, and lost potential earnings takes his claim up to £85 million 😱😱😱😱

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some bloke is suing Britains Got Talent because they cancelled his audition during Covid as he had travelled and they (apparently) didn’t tell him. He wants travel, food and accommodation which seems fairly reasonable. Where he is whistling in the wind is the fact he also reckons he had a deal to make more songs on the back of the audition - this deal, and lost potential earnings takes his claim up to £85 million 😱😱😱😱
This isn't America. That isn't getting anywhere near a court. Are you sure he wasn't a comedian 😂

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Mrs had us buying a pair of Venetian blinds for windows of a bedroom…but it’s not the blinds that have irritated me…it’s the video on the retailers website that had a pretty young lass showing us how to cut them to size. Easy-peasy says my Mrs…that lass was able to do it dead easy…so get on with it.

But she didn’t get my prevarication…not that I didn’t want to do the measuring, cutting and fitting…no…I just knew it wasn’t going to be as easy as the lass in the video implied by her demonstration, especially as I currently don’t have a work bench to clamp or jam anything against.

And so it came to pass…got one cut and fitted this afternoon. Oh what a faff and pickle. Just as well my Mrs hasn’t been in to hear the 🤬.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm kinda irritated I had to google what you're all talking about re naming train lines & now I have to post the rather obvious names that should've been used

Thomas Line
Gordon Line
James Line
Percy Line
Edward Line
Henry Line

But since its a golf forum my personal preference would be for:

The Birdie Line
The Bogey Line
The Eagle Line
The Par line
the Blob Line
And of course it wouldn’t be complete without ……… The Tiger Line ! :p
The Duffer line
The Puffer line .

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Withdrawing money from investment account to pay off mortgage and it 'disappearing' for a while. It has gone from the investment account but has not yet shown in current account. Where does it go? Why, in the age of computers, does it take so long?
If you did it with online home banking, they might ask you for the money, if it has disappeared, then send you to prison if you don't cough up.
You might get it back one day - could happen to anyone.
What were you thinking of doing for the next 15 years? Anything important?

I apologise for typing that at your expense (?) but it is random irritations thread after all. :LOL:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Withdrawing money from investment account to pay off mortgage and it 'disappearing' for a while. It has gone from the investment account but has not yet shown in current account. Where does it go? Why, in the age of computers, does it take so long?

Either they are being naughty over sneaking the odd day extra leverage on the sum, or more likely, the account(s) still operates on a creaky old system that doesn't work very well!

No names mentioned