Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They're probably receiving an "unprecedented" number of calls. And obviously the precedent wasn't set last Monday, or the Monday before that or any other Monday over the last few years. I wonder how many staff they have that are still working from home and how that is affecting their performance?
The working form home argument shouldn't be a thing. My wife has worked form home since before the pandemic, just more so now, and she still manages to work the same - and she takes customer call on a regular basis. She work doing housing benefit claims for the local council so not a quiet job when she covers the phones!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
May not be a popular one but Lewis Capaldi, a couple of thing’s irritate me.
He’s got no dynamics, it’s just balls to the wall singing at 1000% all the time.
That dodgy fake New York accent he sings in.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
When someone declares to everyone that they are striking last week - then goes off ill the afternoon before planned strike day, returns to work on Friday and now claims that they weren't striking they were ill so they don't lose their pay.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When someone declares to everyone that they are striking last week - then goes off ill the afternoon before planned strike day, returns to work on Friday and now claims that they weren't striking they were ill so they don't lose their pay.

Now I dunno how it works in other companies but any sickness on here on strike week is taken as striking unless a drs note is provided

All leave requests are rejected for that week if not put in before the announcement date aswell

Be interesting to see what happens

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
having some old fossil decide to turn left from the right hand lane at a mjor junction as i was going stright on. he had zero interest in checking his left passnger mirror just turned across me

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Snake colleagues. Well one
Screwed me over few months ago with a shift swap, but then today I thought ah maybe he isn't such a snake as he did me a favour...

But then i swapped shifts with a 3rd party to help with their childcare and he had a go at me saying I should have told him .. oh I didn't realise it wasn't an actual favour it just didn't suit you the shift but swapping with the 3rd party would have and now your nose is out of joint

Ah I understand... Only interested in what you can get out of things not what helps others .. got ya

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a peak, yes it's advance payment for dividends....
Perhaps if it was £5 mill they might be less keen to get it;)

It's a shockingly bad rule that if dividend income gives you a personal tax liability that is greater than £1000, HMRC demand that you pay the same again "on account" on the assumption that you will take the same again next year and will have money to cover it. Rather than just allowing people to be accountable for their own actions.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Now I dunno how it works in other companies but any sickness on here on strike week is taken as striking unless a drs note is provided

All leave requests are rejected for that week if not put in before the announcement date aswell

Be interesting to see what happens

Ill be on to HR for an answer shortly!

Ive no issue with anyone striking - I back the education strikes - I just hate people playing the system so they get paid for it!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ill be on to HR for an answer shortly!

Ive no issue with anyone striking - I back the education strikes - I just hate people playing the system so they get paid for it!

Someone at ours genuinely got covid the week of the strikes

Was first time he was ever going out

He got ribbed rotten for it lol

But yes it does stink, if your morals say one thing don't do another and then pull a shark move .

If you want to come in respect that , your decision and can change your mind anytime your decision but don't be sharking everyone

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Someone at ours genuinely got covid the week of the strikes

Was first time he was ever going out

He got ribbed rotten for it lol

But yes it does stink, if your morals say one thing don't do another and then pull a shark move .

If you want to come in respect that , your decision and can change your mind anytime your decision but don't be sharking everyone

Well HR say that because they were off ill the days around Strike day that she gets paid.

Pathetic. Stopped the education of 30 children that day that could have come to school and be taught by someone else as it wasn't industrial action - and gets paid for it too.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's a shockingly bad rule that if dividend income gives you a personal tax liability that is greater than £1000, HMRC demand that you pay the same again "on account" on the assumption that you will take the same again next year and will have money to cover it. Rather than just allowing people to be accountable for their own actions.

they do but you can request it be deferred and they usually allow it

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well HR say that because they were off ill the days around Strike day that she gets paid.

Pathetic. Stopped the education of 30 children that day that could have come to school and be taught by someone else as it wasn't industrial action - and gets paid for it too.

That is bad. Surprised at HR for that

Just sets a president (prob spelt that wrong) that next strike if you go sick for a week your fine to get paid

If that person goes sick again must be a level one warning?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

A half decent company will log it as a potential issue. If it happens a second time…falling ton of bricks.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
That is bad. Surprised at HR for that

Just sets a president (prob spelt that wrong) that next strike if you go sick for a week your fine to get paid

If that person goes sick again must be a level one warning?

Id imagine it could be questioned a bit deeper if its repeated during the next planned action but who knows! Teachers are so protected it hurts!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ouch!! You must be earniing too much ;)

AbandonedAggravatingBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif