Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Some of us pay the tax that on the face of it we are due to pay rather than try and find ways around not paying some or much of it. Many of us have no means of not paying what we are asked to pay, why should some think that just because they have the wherewithal or tools available to dodge much of the bill, that somehow that it is morally OK for them to pay a smaller proportion of their income to the taxman than others.

it's even worse when some then breach about austerity or cuts to services

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Some of us pay the tax that on the face of it we are due to pay rather than try and find ways around not paying some or much of it. Many of us have no means of not paying what we are asked to pay, why should some think that just because they have the wherewithal or tools available to dodge much of the bill, that somehow that it is morally OK for them to pay a smaller proportion of their income to the taxman than others.

JustifIsabel business expenses fine…other methods…hmmm.

So you don’t pay more tax than you have to then, and only pay what you do/have because you haven’t provided yourself the opportunities to do otherwise? Pensions and ISAs, salary sacrifice, paying bonuses directly into pension pots, buying duty free, are all forms of avoiding paying tax that we all use.
How many of you that claim ‘we pay all the tax we have to’ have never paid cash in hand for a job doing?

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
In case you missed it, here's my post again

''Can you imagine the good that could be done if teams got together.''

I'm not talking about the good work individuals do, I'm taking about what a massive difference two teams combined could make to their city and surrounding areas.

And these players are on a contract 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, win or lose.
How much does Rory win if he misses the cut?
I've no idea , but as his sponsorship deals and appearance money will dwarf anything he gets via winnings, it's of little consequence. Most clubs have outreach programs and do a lot for their respective communities.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
So you don’t pay more tax than you have to then, and only pay what you do/have because you haven’t provided yourself the opportunities to do otherwise? Pensions and ISAs, salary sacrifice, paying bonuses directly into pension pots, buying duty free, are all forms of avoiding paying tax that we all use.
How many of you that claim ‘we pay all the tax we have to’ have never paid cash in hand for a job doing?
I would imagine it's a veiled dig at zahawi and his innocent multi million pound tax problems.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

JustifIsabel business expenses fine…other methods…hmmm.

Pay every penny you have to but not any more. Do you have a will written to minimise your children’s inheritance tax obligations? If not why not? Why give the tax man money that should stay in your family? All perfectly legal (ask the Duke of Westminster ?)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No they don't, however it's been a legal requirement of all new cars since 2004 to have it and I've been driving since 2004 and only had abs do very much not comfortable driving without what's deemed as a legal requirement now
If your driving needs ABS all the time, then perhaps youre going too fast. Can't remeber the last time the ABS kicked in on my van or car, but then I know how to cadence brake anyway:)

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If your driving needs ABS all the time, then perhaps youre going too fast. Can't remeber the last time the ABS kicked in on my van or car, but then I know how to cadence brake anyway:)

More about caring about others in the car in an accident.... Plus insurance paying out if hit by another driver

But hey always welcome for a dig grandad thanks for the input ?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And when a child or someone runs out in front of you you cant control the car because your wheels have locked up.
Awesome.

Plus when was the last time he drove without his abs? Age catches us all. I react slower now than my 20s for sure . I wouldn't want to risk somebody's life or even risk my families just to "be a man" and accept something unsafe because I'm too much of a wuss to stand up and get it fixed by a company ...

Also if you had an accident with an abs light on you can bet your house the insurance company wouldn't pay out and would hold you liable

But hey all worth it for man points ??

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bet you can't remember the last time your seat belt was needed either

Or your air bag deployed

Might aswell remove the lot .. you don't need them Nigel
Since your being a total comrade, I've always worn a seat belt even before they were a legal requirement.
I've never written off a car.

You were the one who inferred you couldn't drive without ABS.
We used to have to practice during driving lessons and have it in the test an emergency stop coming to a halt without skidding. You had to learn how to do it.
But hey ho, you crack on.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have never looked into schemes that might enable me to dodge paying tax that would normally pay. Apart from cost of investigating and implementing such schemes I have absolutely no interest in doing so as I understand that many of the things about Britain as a country that has made it a great place to live are dependent upon us all paying the tax we are due to pay.

And I pay a tradesman what he asks me to pay. What he then does or does not do in respect of taxes is up to him not me. As far as top line schemes, such as pensions, and duty free. These are schemes aimed at encouraging us to save, better ourselves or for generating income and business. They are not schemes in place to avoid paying tax.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Since your being a total comrade, I've always worn a seat belt even before they were a legal requirement.
I've never written off a car.

You were the one who inferred you couldn't drive without ABS.
We used to have to practice during driving lessons and have it in the test an emergency stop coming to a halt without skidding. You had to learn how to do it.
But hey ho, you crack on.

I never said I COULDNT drive without It. I said I wouldn't want to

I suggest the following

Learn to read
Stop trying to be clever, it doesn't suit you

I get you like to be a complete grumpy old man but you are just showing yourself up to be an idiot.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I never said I COULDNT drive without It. I said I wouldn't want to

I suggest the following

Learn to read
Stop trying to be clever, it doesn't suit you

I get you like to be a complete grumpy old man but you are just showing yourself up to be an idiot.
I get you want to revert to name calling, thats fine...you are just a line of text to me.
However, my point remains that there will be millions of drivers (and many here) who will have learnt to drive and driven cars without ABS, and whilst it is a welcome addition, it isn't something I would worry about if I didn't have it, just as there will be others who would probably agree.