Random Irritations

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
3 weeks no golf due to course flooding, iced snow etc

Course open today and I have achilles tendonitis (probably due to the lack of decent exercise over the past week and being careful not to walk on the ice patches)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We had that with twins. Was covid at the time. My wife's water broke I dropped her off (wasn't allowed in until active labour)

It got too late for the c section so first thing tomorrow

They got me down

Doctor took too long to get in the room to start it and she said to the midwife I feel I need to push.. they said if you feel you can then do it

Seconds later Harriet was born and 20 mins later Sophie appeared

Keep your wife nice and relaxed , and give the gas and air a try it's ace
You weren't far off.. we were getting ready to leave and she felt a tightness that might have been a contraction. They put a monitor on her for half an hour and decided she needs to stay in, and it looks like they'll be doing the c-section tonight now! What a rollercoaster day. Trying to recapture the happy positive vibe we had at 8am this morning now...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You weren't far off.. we were getting ready to leave and she felt a tightness that might have been a contraction. They put a monitor on her for half an hour and decided she needs to stay in, and it looks like they'll be doing the c-section tonight now! What a rollercoaster day. Trying to recapture the happy positive vibe we had at 8am this morning now...
Hope it goes well. It's a game changer for all the right reasons ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Classic! Got everything crossed for you that all goes well mate! Looking forward to the next post from you! You’ve got this!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Good news. Fingers crossed all goes well now

Enjoy the ride and we look forward to the first photo of mini matt berry

yandabrown

Visit site
Classic! Got everything crossed for you that all goes well mate! Looking forward to the next post from you! You’ve got this!
Let's hope it's in "Things that gladden the heart"! Second favourite would be here, perhaps a mention of champaign in "What are you drinking tonight", outside chances "Laughter the best medicine" and very long odds on "I played today".

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Good luck. I keep thinking how terrifying it must be to know in a few hours you'll have a newborn...yikes!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This sucks. Instead of the nice, planned c-section she was supposed to have, it now feels like they're just waiting for her to be in enough pain to take her for an 'emergency' one. Everything she wanted to avoid. Been here over 12 hours now. And now we have the night time staff and the trainees who don't know what's going on or what's been happening.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
This sucks. Instead of the nice, planned c-section she was supposed to have, it now feels like they're just waiting for her to be in enough pain to take her for an 'emergency' one. Everything she wanted to avoid. Been here over 12 hours now. And now we have the night time staff and the trainees who don't know what's going on or what's been happening.

Oh bloody hell that sounds a scary turn of events for you both. I'm sure it will all be well but for sure it's less than ideal - especially when you had a set plan and now its gone pear-shaped. Good luck - keep us updated if you can.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

This happened to me with my appendix when it was bursting. They wouldn't do the op unless was emergency until the day drs were on because nights is emergency only

Is there any chance she could go naturally in the night? Because they won't stop that

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This happened to me with my appendix when it was bursting. They wouldn't do the op unless was emergency until the day drs were on because nights is emergency only

Is there any chance she could go naturally in the night? Because they won't stop that
She still wants the section. It's just a matter of when they allow us to go for one. As you say it now has to be an emergency rather than the planned one we were meant to have.

D

Deleted member 15344

She still wants the section. It's just a matter of when they allow us to go for one. As you say it now has to be an emergency rather than the planned one we were meant to have.

It’s a scary situation but the best thing you can do is just be calm

When my wife went in with contractions the baby just wasn’t coming so they went for c section - I was going in with her as it was going to be under local etc but just as I changed into the gown they found she had an infection so it was emergency and general and rushed into the theatre- the next half hour was the worst of my life but thankfully the mother in law was there with me reassuring me that she is in the best hands in the world

It’s a very scary time but you couldn’t be in a better place right now

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Get through tonight. Keep her calm and this will be a distant memory once baby is here good luck

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Get through tonight. Keep her calm and this will be a distant memory once baby is here good luck
Having not been spoken to for two hours they did a shift change, a new midwife comes in and says they won't do the C section now in the night. The contractions have slowed down so they may have been Braxton Hicks. Now looks like we're back to tomorrow morning, and I'll have to go home while she stays in the hospital overnight. What a mental day. C section was meant to be easy. ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Having not been spoken to for two hours they did a shift change, a new midwife comes in and says they won't do the C section now in the night. The contractions have slowed down so they may have been Braxton Hicks. Now looks like we're back to tomorrow morning, and I'll have to go home while she stays in the hospital overnight. What a mental day. C section was meant to be easy. ?

These things aren’t easy. My first took 3 days and 3 trips to the hospital before she needed to be extracted.

Last edited by a moderator:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Its the old cliche, baby will arrive in its own time

Our first we went to see the mat ward that day and boom we were back in 11pm she arrived 11:22 next day

Second baby I had to go home etc back in babies arrive next morning

Leave your phone on loud and get as much sleep as you can mate

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its the old cliche, baby will arrive in its own time

Our first we went to see the mat ward that day and boom we were back in 11pm she arrived 11:22 next day

Second baby I had to go home etc back in babies arrive next morning

Leave your phone on loud and get as much sleep as you can mate
Elective C-section, the baby's not supposed to arrive on her own time, lol. Anyway, they let us both go home in the end. Back tomorrow morning for take 2 and hopefully it goes as planned this time.