Random Irritations

Jenners fire. Not so much an irritation but a worry and sadness. Hoping and praying that the damage to this iconic Edinburgh store and Princes St landmark is not too serious.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
TV channels that are louder or quieter than others or that have the ads at a higher volume than the program you are watching. Surely this should be standard, fed up with constantly adjusting the volume.
It's mad. Channel 5 is so much louder than the others. Add to that an inconsistency in colour tone and/or brightness or backlight...

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Strikes.

Every other day some (infraction) is on strike. Trains, buses, ambulance drivers, nurses, you name it they’re (infraction infraction infraction) striking and its getting right on my (infraction) nerves.

Strikes.

Every other day some (infraction) is on strike. Trains, buses, ambulance drivers, nurses, you name it they’re (infraction infraction infraction) striking and its getting right on my (infraction) nerves.
Understand the irritation, and I agree that it can be very frustrating when we are impacted, but just to note that your ‘they’ are actually a part (a rather large part) of ‘us’ - and if your terms & conditions of employment were being eroded; were your job be at risk; or you thought that the circumstances and environment in which you were working put yourself and/or others at risk of harm or illness…then you too might think of withdrawing your labour in protest.

Fortunately we know who to lobby to sort out this mess.

Last edited:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
I’m guessing you’re only defending one of “they“ who are part of “us”.

There are certain categories who i support , for example the “they” that I believe you defend are underpaid, for the hours “they” study and the importance of their job a better level of living should be there.

But we are rapidly defaulting to a “ let’s strike to get our own way “ culture. If you don’t like the job jog on and get another. Not paid enough to drive a train, do something else, after all £60k plus is pennies and a poverty wage right? Don’t want to drive a bus, fine go lorry driving, dust cart driving etc

RichA

So teachers are going on strike

That means I will need to take a day off work or pay for childcare

Yet if we take a child out for a day there is a chance we will get fined

So can I bill the school for my expenses ?
Not all teachers will be striking. It's the biggest teaching union and the vote was overwhelming, but only just over half the members actually voted.

Wilson

Head Pro
Long day in London with a couple of beers after and I forgot my phone charger, on the train home and hoping either I have enough battery, or there is a hackney carriage at the station.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
There's a radio ad for a private health care scheme for businesses...
Their tag line at the end is Healthcare done different............:rolleyes:

And the no-one can do what a soldier can do ads make me grind my teeth every time......

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Hyundai deciding to tell us how to pronounce their name after 20 years of accepting our mispronunciation.
I have no problem in saying it right but would have good to have been told earlier.
Skoda are more subtle and just pronounce it differently in their ads - or with a heavy accent anyhow!

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Loads of issues across the Microsoft Cloud in Europe breaking all my stuff running in Azure.

Outlook and Teams down for some but not for me, so I still get my daily dose of pointless calls and inane emails.