Random Irritations

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Getting an email from the funeral director asking me to complete a customer satisfaction survey. Really ?

You have my sympathies, both for your loss and the tactless survey request.

I could easily have customer satisfaction surveys from anyone as a random irritation; if you've done a good job I'll let you know and if you've done a bad job you'll definitely know, and I won't need a survey invitation to do it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
But doesn't that suggest that many of those potential attendees have no real commitment to the subject or purpose of the service (ie they'd rather watch a football match?)
Our Christmas Carol service is the main outreach service of the year. Many individuals and couples, as well as some of the families who come along do not go to church, certainly not regularly if at all, but they very much enjoy the Christmas story and singing the carols, with our great church organ thundering with our choir for some carols, and gently accompanying us for others. It’s a lovely community occasion, but we’d rather not attempt to compete with the WC Final.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Our Christmas Carol service is the main outreach service of the year. Many individuals and couples, as well as some of the families who come along do not go to church, certainly not regularly if at all, but they very much enjoy the Christmas story and singing the carols, with our great church organ thundering with our choir for some carols, and gently accompanying us for others. It’s a lovely community occasion, but we’d rather not attempt to compete with the WC Final.

Maybe your church should change Christmas to a different date, after all the World Cup is real and, as you say, Christmas is just a story and chance for a sing song

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

The world cup final won't be moved, can't you move the carol service?
You do have plenty of time.