Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is very much a 1st world irritation. On holiday at the moment in Italy, or little Germany as it turns out. If I want a beer I can't have a Peroni, Moretti or any other Italian beer. If I want a German beer, no problem. I found a bar yesterday that served German beer on draught but had bottles of Moretti. Great, I'll have one of those. It arrived in a straight glass, Muenchen branding ?. Come on..........

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Less than £3 for a pint of Leffe. What's not to like?

OK, there's the sticky tables, the blokes in vests, the sticky floors, the uncleared glasses and plates of food remains left on tables and the large ladies in too short dresses. And did I mention the food?

But the Leffe is less than £3 ...

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

OK, there's the sticky tables, the blokes in vests, the sticky floors, the uncleared glasses and plates of food remains left on tables and the large ladies in too short dresses. And did I mention the food?

Pretty much everything you've listed. I don't care how cheap the beer is; if there's a good chance I'll end up wearing somebody else's beer I'm not interested in going there.

NearHull

Visit site
This is very much a 1st world irritation. On holiday at the moment in Italy, or little Germany as it turns out. If I want a beer I can't have a Peroni, Moretti or any other Italian beer. If I want a German beer, no problem. I found a bar yesterday that served German beer on draught but had bottles of Moretti. Great, I'll have one of those. It arrived in a straight glass, Muenchen branding ?. Come on..........
Lake Garda?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lake Garda?
Ha ha, yes. We are in Lazise and loving it but at times I wish it stayed a little more Italian and less Munich on tour. It's not the people but all of the German branding that annoys a tad.

Hey, it isn't the Red Lion in Spain with John Smith's and Carlsberg on tap but part of coming to Italy is to have Italian food and drink. Thank heavens for the endless Aperol Spritz ?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pretty much everything you've listed. I don't care how cheap the beer is; if there's a good chance I'll end up wearing somebody else's beer I'm not interested in going there.
I'm in your camp really. Honestly! Nearly alway goes 'somewhere else'. But I can't say I never go to one (the Ledger House in Canary Wharf is ok). But please god, don't ever let me forget that i shouldnt buy their food ...

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

you forgot the 15 mile hike up vertical stairs to the toilets

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ha ha, yes. We are in Lazise and loving it but at times I wish it stayed a little more Italian and less Munich on tour. It's not the people but all of the German branding that annoys a tad.

Hey, it isn't the Red Lion in Spain with John Smith's and Carlsberg on tap but part of coming to Italy is to have Italian food and drink. Thank heavens for the endless Aperol Spritz ?
Ah, I love Lake Garda, beautiful part of the world.

I remember going on a coach tour with a German guide. We stopped at a place called, I think, Riva.
We sat outside having a coffee and behind us sitting in the corner of the restaurant was the guide tucking in to his continental breakfast, and probably on the house for bringing a coach load of tourists to their restaurant. Made me chuckle, but good luck to him!
I'm now gonna try and post a pic of said restaurant.
Sorry can't do it on here.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The World Cup Final being played at 3pm (UK) on Sunday 18th December clashes with my church's Carol Service - the service most widely supported by non regular church goers of the year. And so as we cannot get the timing of the Cup Final changed we have to move our timing. No big deal - just irritating.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The World Cup Final being played at 3pm (UK) on Sunday 18th December clashes with my church's Carol Service - the service most widely supported by non regular church goers of the year. And so as we cannot get the timing of the Cup Final changed we have to move our timing. No big deal - just irritating.

So no irritation about the fact that it’s been given to a country with an appalling human rights record, or about the number of workers killed during the construction of the stadia, just about the fact that the carol service needs to be moved. ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife has had to go into her office for once, so I said I would meet her for lunch at Pret. Only irritation is trying to decipher which one! There's literally about 7 in vicinity, it's ridiculous. They're every 100 yards.