Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So no irritation about the fact that it’s been given to a country with an appalling human rights record, or about the number of workers killed during the construction of the stadia, just about the fact that the carol service needs to be moved. ??
Plenty of irritation - in fact much more disgust than irritation - irritation making light of it. And what a strange thing to ask in the context of the clash I’ve posted on.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Those who are outraged and ‘up in arms’ when something is going to impact them directly, who - when it was the poorer of our population being financially impacted - shrugged and suggested they only had themselves to blame or should get another, or better paid, job.

The World Cup Final being played at 3pm (UK) on Sunday 18th December clashes with my church's Carol Service - the service most widely supported by non regular church goers of the year. And so as we cannot get the timing of the Cup Final changed we have to move our timing. No big deal - just irritating.

You don't see a certain irony in your lecture to the forum in the first post and your irritation in the second then?

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Buy a rail ticket for travel next Monday - debited to credit card straight away.
Change of plan, need to travel this Friday, so easier to buy new ticket and get refund for unused Monday ticket than faff about amending original purchase.
Friday ticket debited to credit card straight away.
Refund for Monday ticket ”should be processed within 20 days” !!!!!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife got a notification this morning saying our parcel from Evri (formally known as Herpes, sorry Hermes) was due for delivery at lunch time. We were both out so changed the delivery to the nearby 'InPost' lock-up where we can collect it later. No further notification of delivery though... She checks her email and it says "thanks - we have rescheduled your delivery to tomorrow via InPost". No you cretins - that was for today! We are at home tomorrow for God's sake! We dare not change it back or it'll be here Monday instead.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Going to Wetherspoons and temporarily forgetting why I never normally buy their food ...
We love spoons!!!! Their breakfast is no worse than top b&bs, their coffee is beans and excellent and unlimited. We get the three for a tenner snacks for lunch and a pint for under £3. Brilliant. Much better than a coffee shop where they fleece you out of over £20 for a piecec ofc bread and cold coffee.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The World Cup Final being played at 3pm (UK) on Sunday 18th December clashes with my church's Carol Service - the service most widely supported by non regular church goers of the year. And so as we cannot get the timing of the Cup Final changed we have to move our timing. No big deal - just irritating.
Why move it? England won't be in it. Record it and watch it later.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We love spoons!!!! Their breakfast is no worse than top b&bs, their coffee is beans and excellent and unlimited. We get the three for a tenner snacks for lunch and a pint for under £3. Brilliant. Much better than a coffee shop where they fleece you out of over £20 for a piecec ofc bread and cold coffee.
Yeah, I think it has its place. I wouldn't go there for a proper meal of course, but for breakfast it's as good as your standard greasy spoon, and the beer and burger deal is ideal in the evening before having a few beers with mates.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Got to get some new glasses, had an eye test on Wednesday.
Afterwards, the girl suggests trying a few pairs on, see what I like the look of.
Wander over to the display cabinet, see a pair I really like, take my regular glasses off and slip the new ones on my bugle.
Guess what??
I can't see a bleeding thing...
?????

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Each to their own - but I'm never, ever going to buy food in there again.
(Ps: it was the 'three for a tenner' snacks that I found particularly revolting ...)