Random Irritations

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I know what you mean about the A9 !

But I speak as one who has not put backside on bicycle in years. Just thought it fit your criteria - cheap (ish) to buy, cheap to run, easy to start in the morning, and certainly no problem with getting the door open in cold weather ...? :)
i might struggle to get my Powercaddy on the back:LOL:

AliMc

Visit site
Boiler fault so no hot water or heating. It's fault F28 which seems like it might mean the condensate pipe has frozen. :cautious:
Had exactly the same on Tuesday, ours is a Vokera, fault code AO 1, we have a plan with Scottish Gas, first time they could send an engineer was next Thursday (that is being cancelled after they refund the bill) luckily managed to get a local guy in one hour due to the fact that he couldn't get to other customers because of the roads, it was a frozen condensation pipe which was connected to the main waste pipe, he cut this off and insulated it, now collecting into a bucket, he is coming back in a couple of days to fit a wider pipe

NearHull

Visit site
Boiler fault so no hot water or heating. It's fault F28 which seems like it might mean the condensate pipe has frozen. :cautious:
I had a similar fault a couple of years ago. The external part of the condenser vent had frozen and blocked. A kettle of hot water poured over the external pipe fixed it.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure how reliable the person quoted is (no comment on him, just not up to date on who is who in the world of science and medicine or even what experience or qualifications to look for) but this quote has given me a bit more hope

Tim Spector, lead scientist on the Zoe app and professor of genetic epidemiology at King's College London, says based on the data and the researchers' predictions "we are soon to be in the same place we were in early June, with the advantage of having a large proportion of the population vaccinated, which could mean good news in terms of lifting some restrictions sooner rather than later".
He adds that by 8 March the UK should have less than 1 in 740 people with symptoms "allowing us to get kids back into the classrooms and starting to allow people to exercise and meet, at least outdoors, where the risk of transmission is much lower".

D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure how reliable the person quoted is (no comment on him, just not up to date on who is who in the world of science and medicine or even what experience or qualifications to look for) but this quote has given me a bit more hope

Tim Spector, lead scientist on the Zoe app and professor of genetic epidemiology at King's College London, says based on the data and the researchers' predictions "we are soon to be in the same place we were in early June, with the advantage of having a large proportion of the population vaccinated, which could mean good news in terms of lifting some restrictions sooner rather than later".
He adds that by 8 March the UK should have less than 1 in 740 people with symptoms "allowing us to get kids back into the classrooms and starting to allow people to exercise and meet, at least outdoors, where the risk of transmission is much lower".
He is a good person to follow if you prefer to read the positives

I read him and two other accounts on there

Covid Fact Check

And

Coronavirus Good News

If people prefer to ignore the MSM then they can read this two accounts and it’s all factual based looking at the positives ahead instead of concentrating on doom and gloom

sunshine

Visit site
Reported it on the Met Police site for covid breaches. Our neighbours have reported it as well before us.

They most definitely will be cash in hand now at least, as it would be a bit strange for them to show up any digital tracks of taking income when they're supposed to be in lockdown.

Probably exists for money laundering. What people consider a sun tan essential?

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Idiot in the left lane of a two lane approach to a roundabout decides to straight ahead!!
Guy already in the lane was not best pleased at being forced onto the right kerb? New wheel needed: idiot ķeeps going blissfully unaware.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
He is a good person to follow if you prefer to read the positives

I read him and two other accounts on there

Covid Fact Check

And

Coronavirus Good News

If people prefer to ignore the MSM then they can read this two accounts and it’s all factual based looking at the positives ahead instead of concentrating on doom and gloom
Please stop this bogus narrative that the “MSM” is doom and gloom. It’s people who ignore the MSM who tend to be conspiracy idiots or prefer to be ignorant and thus will flaunt the rules.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Idiot in the left lane of a two lane approach to a roundabout decides to straight ahead!!
Guy already in the lane was not best pleased at being forced onto the right kerb? New wheel needed: idiot ķeeps going blissfully unaware.

rule-185-follow-the-correct-procedure-at-roundabouts_orig.jpg

Looks like the idiot might have been in the right hand lane :unsure:

D

Deleted member 16999

Never been happier to suffer from mental health issues as turns out that's why I'm getting my vaccine..didn't even know that was why but asked the doctor

Only time it's benefited me
Sadly some may not see it in others.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Depends on an awful lot that we haven't been told, but as a starting point there's a definite possibility that Mr. Wrong might in fact be Mr. Right... ;)
I think everyone is misinterpreting it. The way I read it, the guy in the left lane straight-lined his path across the roundabout, veering over the right lane. Nothing to do with the exit he took.

D

Deleted member 25172

Probably exists for money laundering. What people consider a sun tan essential?

They have a steady stream of customers though I can tell you. I’d say love island watching girls in the 20s clearly sees tanning as essential...

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Years ago, it was taught in advanced driving : In the absence of lane markings, when you enter a roundabout intending to go left or straight on, you do so in the left approach lane.
Any exit after" 12 o'clock", you enter by the right approach lane..