Random Irritations

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I think everyone is misinterpreting it. The way I read it, the guy in the left lane straight-lined his path across the roundabout, veering over the right lane. Nothing to do with the exit he took.

Exactly. "The way I read it.."

Others, including me, read it differently. ?. Same old problem, really.
Brevity.
It may be the soul of wit, but I often found it to be the "Mother of all cock ups"

Maybe drdel will expand?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The varying attitudes to Mental Health issues.
Unfortunately I think the issue is some people trying to force their point of view on others by claiming their mental health is at risk if they don’t get their own way. My wife works in benefits and the amount of people who say they have mental health when they have be caught out claiming fraudulently is unreal. What they don’t seem to understand is everyone has mental health, it’s just that some people have problems with their mental health

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Trying to find a new basin for the bathroom. We can find it easily enough if we buy a new cabinet with it, but there's nothing wrong with the existing cabinet, just the basin.

Looks like a call to the manufacturers on Monday.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Unfortunately I think the issue is some people trying to force their point of view on others by claiming their mental health is at risk if they don’t get their own way. My wife works in benefits and the amount of people who say they have mental health when they have be caught out claiming fraudulently is unreal. What they don’t seem to understand is everyone has mental health, it’s just that some people have problems with their mental health
No doubt there are “bluffers” but sometimes it doesn’t hurt to stand back and take a minute to consider if there maybe an issue or more to what somebody is saying.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No doubt there are “bluffers” but sometimes it doesn’t hurt to stand back and take a minute to consider if there maybe an issue or more to what somebody is saying.
Agree totally. And it works the other way as well. Just because someone says they are fine, just take a minute to check that they really are and are not suffering in silence. I think there are as many (more?) people suffering without saying than those who say they are when they aren’t

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
the guy with the French Mastiff i passed on my way back from Cycling this moring who let it leave a massive dump in the middle of the path, didn't pick it up and just walked past, My mate Meeksey even asked him to pick it up which he just ignored us, to make matter worse, he was 20 feet from a dog poo bin, which was on his way to the canal path, so he had to walk past the bin:censored:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
the guy with the French Mastiff i passed on my way back from Cycling this moring who let it leave a massive dump in the middle of the path, didn't pick it up and just walked past, My mate Meeksey even asked him to pick it up which he just ignored us, to make matter worse, he was 20 feet from a dog poo bin, which was on his way to the canal path, so he had to walk past the bin:censored:
First cycling post you haven’t mentioned cold feet,every cloud.
Why didn’t you jump off your bike and rub his nose in it,there was 2 of you.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Years ago, it was taught in advanced driving : In the absence of lane markings, when you enter a roundabout intending to go left or straight on, you do so in the left approach lane.
Any exit after" 12 o'clock", you enter by the right approach lane..
Give that man a coconut-was taught the same plus also on the Police course.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Left turn knly from left lane?
Then the irritation is justified(y)

Yup, a two lane approach to single lane exits. The numpty swapped lanes on the roundabout causing the driver in the lane a serious case of brown trousers. Luckily I have an incar camera so he might be able to get a replacement for his cracked alloy wheel from the numpty.

My mistake for not writing an 2,500 word essay ;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yup, a two lane approach to single lane exits. The numpty swapped lanes on the roundabout causing the driver in the lane a serious case of brown trousers. Luckily I have an incar camera so he might be able to get a replacement for his cracked alloy wheel from the numpty.

My mistake for not writing an 2,500 word essay ;)
Seriously...2000 would have done:LOL: