Olympics - Paris 2024

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know it’s a hacneyed old point by why on earth is golf just the usual 72 hole strokeplay event with one medal for women and men. Rowing has 14 medals from one 2km stretch of water , swimming has 37 medals.
Couldn’t they have some sort of at least aggregate team event or mixed or even different format.
I'd rather not have golf in it at all.
Or tennis for that matter.
Bring on the skateboarding.

D-S

Visit site
I'd rather not have golf in it at all.
Or tennis for that matter.
Bring on the skateboarding.
I agree but if you’re going to the hassle of bringing all those competitors from all over the world setting up the course (even building one in the case of Rio) why not at least make something more of it.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I know it’s a hacneyed old point by why on earth is golf just the usual 72 hole strokeplay event with one medal for women and men. Rowing has 14 medals from one 2km stretch of water , swimming has 37 medals.
Couldn’t they have some sort of at least aggregate team event or mixed or even different format.
Agree, mixed relays are becoming the norm in athletics, triathlon and swimming so why can’t the golf people have a mixed team event - par 3 maybe?

Mandofred

Visit site
I'll tape everything that I can, and then just watch little bits of the track+field. VERY little bits. I got hyped up over the Olympics when I was young. Now?.....nada.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Not done the olympics but spent a week in Birmingham when the Commonwealth Games were there, saw athletics, swimming and basketball - great week
Going off completely at a tangent, when the Commonwealth games were in Manchester, they had kayaking on the Irwell. Made me shudder, literally. When I were a lad, we told ourselves that if you fell fell in the Irwell, you'd die! In fact, I did a paper at university about the confluence of the Irwell and Roch and it was the dirtiest river in Europe.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Speed golf?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Great swim by Peaty

Listening to Addington on 5live earlier it seems the pool is slow and they aren’t expecting many world records during this meet

Also supposed to be the same with the Velodrome being used

4LEX

Visit site
You can see why viewing figures for this have fallen through the floor. Way too many tinpot sports to drag it out and make more money, a political agenda, I wouldn't even watch the 100m final now.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
You can see why viewing figures for this have fallen through the floor. Way too many tinpot sports to drag it out and make more money, a political agenda, I wouldn't even watch the 100m final now.

Fallen through the floor ? Just over 3 billion watched the last games

And there were 33 sports in Tokyo , 32 in Paris

There are a lot of sports that don’t get the chance of any highlights throughout the year

Can never understand why people moan about them getting two weeks every 4 years