Olympics - Paris 2024

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am just worried that given the severity of the illness how well she'll be able to perform. I would hate to see an icon like that struggle on such a massive stage. Of course it could all be a media non-story https://news.sky.com/story/is-celine-dion-performing-at-the-paris-olympics-opening-ceremony-13184648

Well Mr Doubting Thomas she smashed it out of the park.
I’d be pretty shocked if the organisers had booked someone who could possibly give a duff performance.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Nice to see they revived Eurotrash, just missing Antoine de Caunes 😬

A tad weird, visually stimulating combined with compulsive viewing to see if it could get any weirder.

I can’t tell if I enjoyed it or not

The balloon that looks like the Death Star is cool and it was nice to see Celine Dion back although the lip synching to the pre recorded track was well out

The rain didn’t help the spectacle and I hope that that 100 year old chap in the wheelchair near the end doesn’t catch pneumonia

D-S

Visit site
I know it’s a hacneyed old point by why on earth is golf just the usual 72 hole strokeplay event with one medal for women and men. Rowing has 14 medals from one 2km stretch of water , swimming has 37 medals.
Couldn’t they have some sort of at least aggregate team event or mixed or even different format.