6 Nations 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great fight back from England 1st XV to snatch a draw against Scotland's 3rd XV at Twickers.
Sadly for them Scotland retain the Calcutta Cup.

BTW Eddie Jones you are a pratt.
Gregor showed the Scots team your comments at half time.:LOL:
I don’t disagree. Eddie portrays English rugby in a bad light imo. He makes them hard to like...and I’m English.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well that was well worth the 350 mile round trip 😀, what a game everything from the feared despair of the impending drubbing to the elation of leading and realisation that it was going to be one attack too many to defend . What a game .
Shared with 3 great mates with laffs all day long and the banter of surrounding supporters both English and Scottish is sporting nirvana 😁😁

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Clutching at straws there :love: last time I looked there were about 30 'womans' rugby teams in Scotland.
Sometimes, Soon, you're just pathetic
I'm not clutching at any straws - just congratulating a group of women playing a predominantly male sport and playing it better than the rest.
If you think that's a point scoring exercise then you need to crawl back under what ever foliage you live under and have a really good think as to what your purpose in life is..it certainly isn't bringing anything to threads on these boards...

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Doon has a small point, in that, with women’s rugby England are fully professional....scotchland aren’t!!
But there isn’t an asterisk next to either the men’s or women’s results. There’s no handicapping system that takes into account no of players, playing resources, so ultimately it’s a pointless statement

U

User62651

Astonishing games yesterday...

Football take note

Entertaining true but was it not just poor defending/application from Ireland, Scotland and England yesterday?

Wrt football I watched Juventus v Athletico the other night, pretty entertaining too, as was ManU winning at PSG the week before. Not sure of your point.

Only thing football can take from rugby for me is enforced respect for referees. Cheating occurs in both but football is worse for play acting. Pace is better in football, far less stopping for penalties/lineouts/scrums etc.

Or is it the old 'class' chestnut that football is an 'oiks' game coming through?:confused:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Entertaining true but was it not just poor defending/application from Ireland, Scotland and England yesterday?

Wrt football I watched Juventus v Athletico the other night, pretty entertaining too, as was ManU winning at PSG the week before. Not sure of your point.

Only thing football can take from rugby for me is enforced respect for referees. Cheating occurs in both but football is worse for play acting. Pace is better in football, far less stopping for penalties/lineouts/scrums etc.

Or is it the old 'class' chestnut that football is an 'oiks' game coming through?:confused:
Yesterday had nothing to do with football. Any comparison has zero relevance.

100% agree that football doesn’t have to take note. Nor does netball, hockey, tiddlywinks etc etc

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sometimes, Soon, you're just pathetic
I'm not clutching at any straws - just congratulating a group of women playing a predominantly male sport and playing it better than the rest.
If you think that's a point scoring exercise then you need to crawl back under what ever foliage you live under and have a really good think as to what your purpose in life is..it certainly isn't bringing anything to threads on these boards...

So sorry
I thought you were just boasting about the 'impressive' winning score between England 'Girls' and Scotland woman in a sport that hardly any Scots women play.:ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 1147

So sorry
I thought you were just boasting about the 'impressive' winning score between England 'Girls' and Scotland woman in a sport that hardly any Scots women play.:ROFLMAO:
So it should be a 5 nations - Drop Scotland Ladies as they don’t have enough players?

Not much confidence in your kinsmen!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site

It's not enforced , it's always been there and one of the first things you learn when beginning the game is that respect for the referee is paramount.

With rugby all the spectators are mixed in together and leads to a great atmosphere with some fantastic banter going back and forward but also an apreciation of the other teams good play .

As an aside yesterday was my first visit to the New Twickenham and was very surprised how squashed together the seats are.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's not enforced , it's always been there and one of the first things you learn when beginning the game is that respect for the referee is paramount.

With rugby all the spectators are mixed in together and leads to a great atmosphere with some fantastic banter going back and forward but also an apreciation of
As an aside yesterday was my first visit to the New Twickenham and was very surprised how squashed together the seats are.

If you mean by the New Twickenham the completion of the South Stand you have been away far to long.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So it should be a 5 nations - Drop Scotland Ladies as they don’t have enough players?

Not much confidence in your kinsmen!
On a similar tangent but a relevant point, should Italy be in the 6 nations? Yes they've had the odd good win over the years but most of the time they seem to be the proverbial whipping boys.