6 Nations Time Again

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My favourite sporting event of the year is upon us again. There is, to me, simply nothing to beat the 6 Nations and I think that this year could be very tight.

I am genuinely excited about the England team to play on Saturday. Good to see that Lancaster has picked some in form youth to go behind a solid pack. Especially pleased to see Burrell in the side as he has had some cracking games for Northampton this season. Beating the French is never easy but here's hoping that England get off to a good start.

Wales are still the team to beat and they should have an easy run out against Italy. That said, it will be interesting to see if any of the in fighting with the WRU spills on to the pitch especially after Warburton's controversial decision to sign a central contract.

Scotland are improving and I think they could run Ireland close.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wales a decent favourite, even with all the contractual rubbish going on, may even spur them on. Albeit they are missing a few through injury, still think they should have too much for most sides in this

Ireland may be the dark horses for me and their game v Wales could be a championship decider for me. They look pretty solid across the board though there are a few who are possibly getting to the past their best stage, maybe 1 last hurrah

England hard to assess, decent pack but a sudden change in selection process (why now not the autumn internationals?) and the Ashton non selection a bity strange, been selected when totally out of form (Autumn ints and before), now that hes found some form for Sarries he gets left out. Not sure how 12 Trees is selected either, and ultimately will miss not having a proper openside as usual.

France have real problems at half back and hopefully will continue to pick Bastareaud to block up the middle of the park rather than let the rest play. Think they will mainly struggle in the tournament though will probably put together one performance where they destroy someone

On paper this is probably one of the strongest Scotland sides for many a year and could spring a surprise or two for me if they do manage to click. Home games likely to be attritional

Italy look as weak as I can remember, certain to lose their away games hard to see them getting anything apart from possibly against Scotland at home and think thats unlikely too

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
i cant wait either and it always is over my birthday weekend too so really looking forward to England Vs Ireland for that, hopefully some nice person will buy me a ticket for my b'day, although i think i might still be barred from the cabbage patch pub in Twikenham....

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
My favourite sporting event of the year is upon us again. There is, to me, simply nothing to beat the 6 Nations and I think that this year could be very tight.

I am genuinely excited about the England team to play on Saturday. Good to see that Lancaster has picked some in form youth to go behind a solid pack. Especially pleased to see Burrell in the side as he has had some cracking games for Northampton this season. Beating the French is never easy but here's hoping that England get off to a good start.

Wales are still the team to beat and they should have an easy run out against Italy. That said, it will be interesting to see if any of the in fighting with the WRU spills on to the pitch especially after Warburton's controversial decision to sign a central contract.

Scotland are improving and I think they could run Ireland close.

Except maybe the World Cup (rugby), though that's not an annual event.

Like you, I'm pleased Lancaster has picked some promising yoofs...Shows me as well as looking at the six nations he's playing the long game with a view to next year's WC squad.

Made up for Johnny May being in the squad, and hope he gets a chance to show his speed and nose for the game unlike every other Gloucester player in the past who hasn't been given the chance (except "36").

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
England played well in patches and should have put the game away. Young team will learn a lot from it. I am looking forward to the Ireland v Scotland game now.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Wales looked average, Italy looked ok, England blew it, France looked untidy. What was fatso doing playing at 13 for France?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
England were good today, started badly, two sloppy french tries. Came back well, deserved to win. Good teams are forged in adversity:thup:

I love the six nations, I've had 2 bottles of red & declared war on wales:thup:

Winter league @ 8.27:eek:

Last edited:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wales looked average, Italy looked ok, England blew it, France looked untidy. What was fatso doing playing at 13 for France?

Fatso is one of the best players in the game believe it or not.

SILH, Denton has had a good season in the Rabo with Edinburgh deserves his place ahead of Beattie and Richie Gray has been out of sorts the last year so right call sticking in Swinston ahead of him.

I don't think we'll be good enough to do Ireland but hopefully good enough to make a game of it.

I was quite impressed with England yesterday but France were ragged, good game. Didn't see the Wales game but by all accounts they were rusty.

I'll be at Murrayfield next weekend, can't wait.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I am interested to see what the Edinbok influence on the Scotland team is going to be. Have the overseas lads developed the Scottish youngsters coming through at Edinburgh or are they holding back their progress by limiting game time. I am sure that the established Edinburgh guys will have learned loads off Solomons and they should put up a good showing.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
6 Nations doesn't come close to golf for me anymore.
But I hope it is a good championship and hope England manage to come out on top - shame about the France score.