Football Manager 2020 & FM Touch

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The moment you finally (7th season), seal the title on the last day. Ended up 4-0.

Attachments

• F83B12FB-FC46-4F11-9844-6D5DE1AC3110.jpeg
    F83B12FB-FC46-4F11-9844-6D5DE1AC3110.jpeg
    793.4 KB · Views: 6

Wolf

Visit site
It seems with this current save I'm destined to win trophies regardless of the club I'm at. After leaving Arsenal because there was nothing left to win & no challenge in staying ahead of the pack. Took the Villa job as previously mentioned, got a budget of just 35m. Signed my old Ajax keeper Valero for a mere £12m but other than him Couldn't really find much in the way of quality signings so did a couple of loans deals for youngsters Erb (19) & Castrao (18) from Arsenal. I'd signed them as Wonderkid prospects in my 2nd season at Arsenal for a combined 7m.

They worked out a treat as loan signings Castrao scoring 23 League goals and by the end of season he's a 4 star striker with ridiculous ratings and worth £47m, Erb provided unbelievable quality in midfield seeing his value rise to £43m.

Our expectation was to avoid relegation and improve the squad, but ended up winning the league by just 4 points ahead of Man Utd & Liverpool. Not sure how but we kept scraping wins against big teams. Got hammered in both cups though by Chelsea both times but as of the end of my 7th season as a manager with Ajax, Arsenal & now Villa respectively that's 6 League titles and 17 cups..

P397 W275 D91 L31. Not sure where else to take this save now ??‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Newcastle are bloody awful. I can't get a tune out of them whatsoever. I already got sacked trying my trusty 4-4-2, so I reloaded it from about a month back to give it another go with the 4-1-4-1 wide. We've agreed deals for Gunn and Holding when the window opens, since Dubravka is bloody terrible and the defence are pretty shocking as well. Would love a new striker as well but all the money's gone. Carroll was doing ok as a targetman in the front two but I can't really play him up top on his own since he doesn't have enough about him. So it's Joelinton who's extremely hit and miss. I don't know why they're so bad - certain teams on this game I just cannot do anything but fail miserably, it's so weird.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds pretty realistic to me ?
I'm only playing FM Touch - as I said in the opening post of this thread, I just don't think it should be as difficult as it is sometimes. :LOL: Even when I do succeed it feels more like I fell into something that works by accident rather than really knowing what I'm doing right.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be fair, Newcastle have a rubbish team in FM, it should be a struggle with them.
I thought they had enough passable players with the likes of Maximin, Bentaleb, Schar, Rose, Dubravka, Almiron.. but most of them just haven't performed at all. S.Longstaff has shown a couple of sprouts of improvement. I think I just need to defend for our lives for the first season by the looks of it. Need to check out what free transfers I can pick up for next season as well since Rose & Bentaleb are only on loan of course. I think one of my main issues with the 4-4-2 is that their wingers like playing at AMR/L but they all hate playing MR/L and have no affinity for it at all so that must have been affecting their performances. Hopefully see a bit more from them now they're back at AM.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
What... the.... hell?? Does that seriously work??

Seems like it, just tried it out and it definitely works and is still in the game, mad how that got through testing. Bit like the in-game editor or save scumming though, still not going to do it in my saves!

Started a new save as Everton the other night, trying to emulate a similar 2-up top formation to Carlo using DCL and Richarlison as our strikers but using AMR/AML instead of traditional MR/ML's and so far it's working a charm. 3rd in the league after 12 with 9 wins and 3 defeats - those defeats coming against Wolves (a), Man City (h) and Chelsea (h). DCL has been inspired, 9 goals in 12, 7.47 average rating. Richarlison's been quiet though, only 1 goal, 1 assist in 10 so maybe need to tweak his role, or move him out wide and use Kean through the middle who has 5 goals in 13 appearances (5 starts). Didn't make any major signings in the summer - picked up Ryan Fraser on a free (I've got the latest Sortitoutsi transfer update) and managed to sell Tosun to Palace for £15m but that was it. I have Everton (couldn't resist) coming in in Jan for £20m though, so he should be a real boost to our attacking play.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems like it, just tried it out and it definitely works and is still in the game, mad how that got through testing. Bit like the in-game editor or save scumming though, still not going to do it in my saves!

Started a new save as Everton the other night, trying to emulate a similar 2-up top formation to Carlo using DCL and Richarlison as our strikers but using AMR/AML instead of traditional MR/ML's and so far it's working a charm. 3rd in the league after 12 with 9 wins and 3 defeats - those defeats coming against Wolves (a), Man City (h) and Chelsea (h). DCL has been inspired, 9 goals in 12, 7.47 average rating. Richarlison's been quiet though, only 1 goal, 1 assist in 10 so maybe need to tweak his role, or move him out wide and use Kean through the middle who has 5 goals in 13 appearances (5 starts). Didn't make any major signings in the summer - picked up Ryan Fraser on a free (I've got the latest Sortitoutsi transfer update) and managed to sell Tosun to Palace for £15m but that was it. I have Everton (couldn't resist) coming in in Jan for £20m though, so he should be a real boost to our attacking play.
But you've no idea how tempting it is to fleece the next low-balling Chinese team of an extra £10mil now. :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm going to have to give up on Newcastle, it's too frustrating. I signed Morelos up top who made a difference for a bit, but just when you're doing well they :poop: the bed at home to Bournemouth for no reason. Can't be arsed anymore. I was tempted to try Wolves but I think I'm going to get away from the Prem again. Probably going to take a leaf out of Dan's book and go to Holland. I think AZ are the team for me, they have some great wonderkids and I'll see if I can overhaul the tyranny of Ajax and PSV.

Edit: Also as a random piece of trivia - my Sunday team just got new kits, Nike ones from the FA store as we had a voucher. It turns out AZ's new third kit in real life is the exact same kit, haha. :LOL:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm going to have to give up on Newcastle, it's too frustrating. I signed Morelos up top who made a difference for a bit, but just when you're doing well they :poop: the bed at home to Bournemouth for no reason. Can't be arsed anymore. I was tempted to try Wolves but I think I'm going to get away from the Prem again. Probably going to take a leaf out of Dan's book and go to Holland. I think AZ are the team for me, they have some great wonderkids and I'll see if I can overhaul the tyranny of Ajax and PSV.

Edit: Also as a random piece of trivia - my Sunday team just got new kits, Nike ones from the FA store as we had a voucher. It turns out AZ's new third kit in real life is the exact same kit, haha. :LOL:

Good choice. AZ are stacked - Boadu, Wijnal, Idrissi, Stengs and Koopmeiners are all fantastic, just good luck keeping hold of them :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good choice. AZ are stacked - Boadu, Wijnal, Idrissi, Stengs and Koopmeiners are all fantastic, just good luck keeping hold of them :D
It's ok I'll just use that glitch to take £150mil when someone bids. (Just kidding haha.) I'll resist selling them as long as I can but I should be able to take decent money when they do go.

By the way, did you see that other video about poaching other teams' youth intakes? Apparently on youth intake day you can go and see who other teams got, offer them a trial on the day and they tend to get accepted, then once you've seen how good they are you have a good chance of signing them apparently. That would have been handy to know in my Roma save when we had the worst youth intakes in all of history three years in a row.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My AZ game has started off really well. Spent most of my budget on Amine Gouiri, as they don't have much up top besides Boadu and this one other guy. First time I've been able to get Gouiri, as I never load many leagues so he usually doesn't appear in the database.

First round of Europa qualifying was fun. Facing Lechia Gdansk, we won the away leg 3-0, so the first leg should have been a procession, instead it was probably the maddest game I've ever had on this FM, as we won it 9-3. So 12-3 on aggregate. Gouiri with a hat-trick and two assists on his competitive debut. After that we've won our first league 4-0 v Emmen, and the first leg of the next Europa quals put us against Trabzonspor, we conceded the first goal but bounced back with four of our own. So we're certainly not struggling to score goals at the moment. Stengs has been injured, I've played the back-up left back Ouwejan at left wing and he scored a bloody hat-trick in the league game! Unbelievable.

Obviously it was going far too well, so I've just been told Boadu is out for 2 months with broken ribs. Cheers for that.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
AZ still going well. Won our first 6 league games, including one against Ajax, so we were 4 points clear, but then a small blip as we lost to Feyenoord and draw a couple of others. Got through three qualifying rounds to reach the Europa group stage, and we were unlucky to lose 1-0 to Lazio with a resilient performance. My big surprise player is Ferdy Druijf, been using him as a target man up front, and he's scored 10 in 10 in the league. So now Boadu is back I have a little selection dilemma with them and Gouiri. My main annoyance is injuries though. Idrissi and Stengs are quality wingers but they're both injured ALL the time. We've just slipped to 2nd, but with a game in hand that would take us 2 clear again with a win.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
God this game is annoying. We'd gone 15 games unbeaten, then out of nowhere, usual bollocks from FM. Three defeats in a row in the league. That's our title bid dead and buried, we're now 4th. Knocked out of the Europa as well in that same spell. We've scraped through to the Dutch cup final, against Ajax (obviously), but other than that it's roll on next season really. We've got Aleix Garcia arriving for free from Man City, but he was the only decent out of contract guy who didn't ask for wages that were way beyond us. I'll be selling Idrissi though so hopefully make some money there - the guy is literally injured all the time, he must have missed at least 35-40% of the games through fitness.

Hackers76

Visit site
Just reading an article on the beeb about Gareth Bale’s current issues at Madrid and got me thinking about trying a save with them and seeing if I can get things to work for him. Has anyone tried before, is he worth it?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just reading an article on the beeb about Gareth Bale’s current issues at Madrid and got me thinking about trying a save with them and seeing if I can get things to work for him. Has anyone tried before, is he worth it?
That doesn't sound like much of a challenge. He's probably world class in the game so you just play him and he plays well, end of. :LOL: