6 Nations 2020

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This result may mean that no attempt is made to complete the championship. If France still had a change of the Grand Slam , they had to play to a conclusion.

I am guessing that they might delete all of Italy's results and decide it as a 5 nation tournament. That could allow for a great game in France v Ireland as a bonus point win for either would give them the title but a close match with no bonus point would see them hand it to England. Hope we do see the last 2 matches played but could also see it being cancelled on Monday

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I was in the car driving back from Norwich listening to the Scotland France game and whooping it up much to my wife's amusement as we scored. We got home - I switched on the TV - and France almost immediately scored. I really shouldn't watch Scotland play football or rugby. I can listen - but watching ... :)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rumour starting to float about that the whole last round of the 6 Nations will be postponed until 31st October.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Not really. That is based more on gaps in the schedule and when matches can be played rather than anything else. After this international window we are looking at European Cup matches and Premiership games until then and so I guess they are going to add and extra week into the release window for the Autumn internationals.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ireland v France postponed now but Wales v Scotland apparently still going ahead.

Personal thought now is to abandon the tournament for the year with no winner. If France were on for a grand slam or any team was clearly ahead then I would argue for finishing it off but with all teams pretty much level (assuming you give Ireland the 5 points they would get against Italy) then it does not seem unfair to call it off now as no team would be real favourites to win.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With three teams with a chance of winning I see no harm in playing the final matches in October, when the autumn internationals are going ahead anyway.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
With three teams with a chance of winning I see no harm in playing the final matches in October, when the autumn internationals are going ahead anyway.
That is the problem, fitting them into an already tight club schedule. Potentially means clubs playing without their international players for another 2-3 weeks (the match may be on one day but the players will need to train at least a week before that).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not really. That is based more on gaps in the schedule and when matches can be played rather than anything else. After this international window we are looking at European Cup matches and Premiership games until then and so I guess they are going to add and extra week into the release window for the Autumn internationals.
31st October = scary ;)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok why on earth is the Wales v Scotland match going ahead tomorrow. It really seems like an insane risk (possibly based on the WRFU need for funds) especially as there is going to have to be at least one more 6 Nations weekend for everyone else and 2 for Ireland. In all likelihood, the tournament will be abandoned. This to me seems like a pretty obvious cash grab as the result is highly unlikely to even have any impact on the final table.

i would push this argument even further by expressing a bit of shock that all rugby is still going ahead this weekend. Money over safety I fear.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Correct decision to call off the game but way late, I was halfway to Cardiff on Friday when news came through. Managed to get my hotel cost back thankfully