6 Nations

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

As clear as bringing down a maul as you will see lol

That said been a fun days rugby, plenty of great trys plenty of basic errors, certainly didnt feel like Northern Hemisphere rugby

Yep it was as clear as day they brought it down - possible penalty try :eek:

D

Deleted member 16999

Brilliant days Rugby, probably won themselves a lot of new fans today.
Nerve racking knowing what was needed, god only knows what the scores would've been if they'd of kicked off at the same time, however if they had kicked off at the same time I'd missed 2 great games.😃

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Give it a rest with the ref bashing Phil.

Well done Ireland (and Wales).

England left to rue the missed scoring opportunities against Scotland. It was a mountain to climb against France, good go but ultimately not to be.
It's fine margins, if Hogg had held on to that ball, a penalty given for the maul brought down, the French try where the guy ran out the dead ball line. Knife edge stuff down to the last seconds. Great fun, yet again the best, most passionate, enjoyable rugby tournament in the world.

Roll on the World Cup.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Brilliant days Rugby, probably won themselves a lot of new fans today.
Nerve racking knowing what was needed, god only knows what the scores would've been if they'd of kicked off at the same time, however if they had kicked off at the same time I'd missed 2 great games.😃

I agree. Fantastic afternoon of sport and some wonderful fluid rugby playing. Great effort by England by ultimately too much left to do. Still don't like the BBC commentary

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Just heard the ref give a player a bit of a bollocking.

"Any more of that and your off".
"Yes Sir".

"We don't need that behaviour in the game".
"No Sir".

"Do you understand?".
"Yes Sir".

How refreshing, and has been said before, football could learn so much.

Slime.
Loved it when the referee called Robshaw, Christopher in a headmasters voice. Reminded me of the sitcom with Ronnie Corbett when his father called him Timothy in the same tone.:)

D

Deleted member 15344

Loved it when the referee called Robshaw, Christopher in a headmasters voice. Reminded me of the sitcom with Ronnie Corbett when his father called him Timothy in the same tone.:)

That was very good and the interaction between the players and refs is how other sports should be - respectful

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Terrible day for Scottish Rugby.Played 5 lost 5...Hammered at home by Ireland..Where did it all go wrong?

Oddly enough, I think they are actually improving on their dire performances of the last couple of years!

Was surprised that Italy beat them, but no surprise that they were 'plucky losers' in the other matches.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great day in Edinburgh yesterday, atmosphere was awesome but Scotland not at the races, we are a better side than yesterday's result suggested and our 6N has been a huge disappointment despite the plaudits we received for out play.

Ireland were worthy winners of the championship and I fancy they'll be serious contenders in the RWC

Anyway, now Scottish Rugby looks to Glasgow to bring that Pro12 title to Scotland for the first time

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
So you think the irish wont stick a good few points on the scots? That i can not see. I agree that France could do anything, Italy could leak 50 points but cant see the irish struggling to win by at least 20.

I think the 6 nataions is irelands personally.

Why did i not back any of this? 3 outta 3!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think Mike Brown is a great player however he went massively downhill as a competitor in my eyes after this ditty

Massive credit to the French for the way they fronted up for this game and for the way they played, compared to a few other countries.

Get over yourself, Ireland won and deservedly so. No one stuck 20 points on France except England, is anyone complaining about that?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
My friend, from the valleys, called in this morning on his way back home from Rome... He knew the welcome would be friendly as he had been before but he said the atmosphere [in the stadium] was the best he had know... Think the six nations is growing in stature and hope this is reflected during forthcoming WC...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think Mike Brown is a great player however he went massively downhill as a competitor in my eyes after this ditty

Get over yourself, Ireland won and deservedly so. No one stuck 20 points on France except England, is anyone complaining about that?

Totally agree, Mike Brown can be an idiot at the best of times and that quote pretty much sums him up.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My friend, from the valleys, called in this morning on his way back home from Rome... He knew the welcome would be friendly as he had been before but he said the atmosphere [in the stadium] was the best he had know... Think the six nations is growing in stature and hope this is reflected during forthcoming WC...

I think it was always well thought of but this final weekend has been a bit special to be fair.

I fancy we'll see minimum 2 of England, Ireland, Wales in the semi's of the RWC. I just wish Scotland would turn the good play and potential into belief and points on the board. We are a far better side than that result on Saturday.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
We are a far better side than that result on Saturday.

Agree with your there, you should be beating Italy and getting a home win to one of the "Big 4" each year in my opinion at least, certainly not wooden spoon material. And with Scottish club rugby doing quite well its a real shame.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
What a finish eh ? good open free flowing rugby , but, IMO littered with mistakes , mistakes that would get punished heavily by NZ AUS & SA ..

An amazing tackle by Jamie Heaslip at the death for Ireland

Surely France can find a place kicker , good kicker & that Eng points difference was never on ..

Would make ya wonder if the proper attitude in the 6 Nations at least should be all out attack (5try bonus points ? )

Exciting ? definitely .. Great Rubgy ? ? mmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Some very very good rugby

Puter Putter

Medal Winner
Visit site
Best 6 nations in years, fantastic to watch on the final day!

Not too much between the top flight in the main but, imo, the best team, Ireland, won. (I'm not Irish btw!). England are fast improving though and did embarass France, just in time for...........

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What a finish eh ? good open free flowing rugby , but, IMO littered with mistakes , mistakes that would get punished heavily by NZ AUS & SA ..

An amazing tackle by Jamie Heaslip at the death for Ireland

Surely France can find a place kicker , good kicker & that Eng points difference was never on ..

Would make ya wonder if the proper attitude in the 6 Nations at least should be all out attack (5try bonus points ? )

Exciting ? definitely .. Great Rubgy ? ? mmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Some very very good rugby

I agree. One thing playing open rugby with a points target to reach but England made so many errors that any southern hemisphere team would have punished and they'd get stuffed. That aside it made it such an exciting day for the viewer.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst it's true that the likes of NZ would have punished the errors, they weren't playing NZ, you can only play what's in front of you.
Game plan for all 3 of the winning sides on Saturday would be totally different in a world cup game vs SH opposition.

Heaslip's try saving tackle on Hogg was unbelievable. Such a crucial moment, that was what made it just a little too far for England.

I think England Wales and Ireland can all look to the World Cup with some optimism. I expect Oz aren't looking forward to having to face England and Wales in the group.
France and Scotland, not much reason to be cheerful.