6 Nations

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

So the time is nearly here for the Welsh to wake up on Facebook and hark back to days of Barry John

6 Nations time

England have been ripped apart with injuries

Wales have a full strength team

Ireland look strong

Scotland look better than in previous years

France will be France - who knows

Italy to be the whipping boys

I think Ireland or England will win the Champs but not Grand Slam or Triple Crown this year

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So the time is nearly here for the Welsh to wake up on Facebook and hark back to days of Barry John

6 Nations time

England have been ripped apart with injuries

Wales have a full strength team

Ireland look strong

Scotland look better than in previous years

France will be France - who knows

Italy to be the whipping boys

I think Ireland or England will win the Champs but not Grand Slam or Triple Crown this year

Think the winner of Ireland v Wales wins. Arguably the grand slam too. England have too many injuries, France are too unpredictable and Scotland I think just lack one or two star players to turn a game

C

c1973

Ireland to win.

As you say, who knows about the French....let's see....5th.

I think Scotland may come closer than in recent years, but will possibly need to carry a wee bit of luck to do so. A good 3rd place if they do perhaps.

Wales? 2nd.

England? Pipped into 4th place (due to a last second try by Scotland) ;)

Italy? Last place.

So,

IRELAND
WALES
SCOTLAND
ENGLAND
FRANCE
ITALY

It's not gonna happen is it? :D

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't watch any other rugby any other time of the year. Absolutely love the 6 nations.

I remember as a kid lying on soaked grass holding a rugby ball for my brother to kick it like Ollie Campbell back in the early 80's. Don't think I ever let him kick it as I keep pulling it back as he kicked it lol.

Ireland to win the championship!

Last edited:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ireland IMO should win however I hope Scotland give them lots of food for thought coming into their last game.

Scotland I tjink have the best chance they'll ever have of getting noticed, they'll have a chance on Sat against the French then have home games against Italy, Wales and Ireland and if the players take club form onto the international stage then we'll be very credible.

Can't wait, I've tickets for Scotland v Iteland which hopefully will be a belter

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am going for England this year mainly as they have 3 home matches whereas Ireland and Wales only have 2. The injury to Farrell May be a blessing in disguise as that puts Cipriani on the bench and he Kay be ready to live up to the early promise. Would like to have seen wade on one wing but he performs for the Saxons then that could happen. Do not suspect that Manu will be fit but Burrell can do a job. Second row is worrying but could be worse. Friday night is the biggest challenge and an unlikely win will put us as favourites. Fancy each team to lose at least 1 match though.

This is the best sporting time of the year, I love and nothing comes close to me

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting the impact of the injuries with the betting markets, England are 2nd Favs to win the 6 nations, with Ireland placed as Favorites. However, Fast forward to the RWC market and England are 2nd Fav behind an almost dead cert NZ. Ireland are way down the list after SA and Aus at 9/1! So are the bookies expecting this to be a building phase for England and their world cup plans, with everything coming together later in the year?

I think this Friday will be key, if we (England) can beat the Welsh at home, then I would pick them to go for the grand slam. Millenium on a Friday night is gonna be a tough test.. Scott Quinnell said the butterflies in the stomach will turn into dragons when the players reach the pitch, love it! And they will, the welsh love to beat us!! Gonna be a great game!!

S

Snelly

England's chances are all about Friday. If they can win, anything is possible. However, if you lose your first match of the championship then it changes everything as you know you can't do the grand slam, you know the season isn't going to be a classic. I think they can sneak it but in order to do so, it needs to be ugly. Kick to the corners and put the Welsh under a lot of physical pressure. If we do, we are stronger and they will buckle eventually.

If we think we can win by putting the ball through hands and scoring pretty tries then I think we will get easily beaten.

Ireland look good. France are in transition and I think will struggle. Italy and Scotland to fight for the wooden spoon again sadly.

D

Deleted member 15344

Let's hope that Walsh isn't the ref ! And thank god Nigel Owens can't ref the game

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Interesting the impact of the injuries with the betting markets, England are 2nd Favs to win the 6 nations, with Ireland placed as Favorites. However, Fast forward to the RWC market and England are 2nd Fav behind an almost dead cert NZ. Ireland are way down the list after SA and Aus at 9/1! So are the bookies expecting this to be a building phase for England and their world cup plans, with everything coming together later in the year?

I think this Friday will be key, if we (England) can beat the Welsh at home, then I would pick them to go for the grand slam. Millenium on a Friday night is gonna be a tough test.. Scott Quinnell said the butterflies in the stomach will turn into dragons when the players reach the pitch, love it! And they will, the welsh love to beat us!! Gonna be a great game!!

Big impact of home advantage Scooter. 6 nations England have to travel, in the WC they get to play at home each time, albeit Ireland do have the weaker group.

Oh and England being a shorter price than SA, even with home advantage is bonkers to me, SA be a much stronger side than was seen in the Autumn internationals

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Big impact of home advantage Scooter. 6 nations England have to travel, in the WC they get to play at home each time, albeit Ireland do have the weaker group.

Oh and England being a shorter price than SA, even with home advantage is bonkers to me, SA be a much stronger side than was seen in the Autumn internationals

True, forgot we play at home basically.. Also i agree on the Springboks, Still at 4/1 i think they are too short. Engand way to short as per always with any sport!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I actually think that England do have a team on Friday who could throw the ball about a bit. Plenty of gas in the backs with Ford, Watson, Burrell, Joseph, May and Brown and it will help Ford to have a few players around him that play week in, week out. Bit nervy about the Burrell/Roberts match up as it did not go so well last week. Still would have liked to see Wade on the bench to come on as an impact sub with Cipriani.

The front row gives me some concern, Cole is only just back from a long injury lay off and has not had much game time yet. There is a worry that he could break down. Equally worried about croft on the bench for the same reason.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm worried about Hartley - can see the Welsh trying to rattle him

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm worried about Hartley - can see the Welsh trying to rattle him

Agree with that, it is like playing with a time bomb in the front row. Really not the sort of pressure cooker environment you want him in. Tom Youngs may have been a safer bet but his line out throwing remains suspect.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I always look forward to the 6 nations because everyone who likes rugby loves high class competitive international games.

I can't see past Ireland this year after their Autumn where they turned South Africa and Australia over after both had just recently come off the Rugby Championship. They aren't as badly affected by injuries. They're also home to England and France. Their test will be Wales away as I fully expect them to clatter the Scots and Italians.

Would be nice to see England do well just so that their fans are overly optimistic for the World Cup. I do so enjoy their disappointment. I feed off it. :whoo:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You boys appear to be writing Scotland off very quickly, we have 3 home games and
I'm sure we'll have a say in who will win it overall, and don't be surprised if Scotland win in Paris on Saturday. Most of the backs will come from Glasgow who have taken a French side down home and away this year. The front row has been solid through the Autumn tests and with the Gray brothers in the second row and playing well we should be more competitive in the 6N than we've been in years. The autumn tests seen us stick 40+ past Argentina so confidence will still be good.

We won't win it for definite but we'll have a say in who will and it would bring a massive smile to my face to turn Ireland over in the last game for that to be the decider.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Is this Kick 'n' Clap or proper rugby were talking about :eek:

England to win on Friday by 12 points :smirk: