British & Irish Lions Tour 2017

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1418

What a team the All Blacks are though - incredible with 14 men.

Class interview from Kieran Read 👏

But this is what the Lions are about IMO. How anyone can question whether there's a place for them in the modern era after that I don't know.

Roll on next week.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's almost as though it was (well) planned!

I have to say the Referee/TMO communication showed exactly what should happen in the 'round ball' game!

Hear hear, disappointed with all the gesticulating and posturing that was going on towards the ref at times, Lions mostly but AB's not without guilt too. Let the ref and TMO get on with it and let the footballers do all the histrionics ......

Wiil the Eden Park Fortress be breached ?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Here's the plan.

The All Blacks should have to start the game with 13 players. At half time they can have a 14th and at 60 minutes they can have their 15th. That would make for a great game.😀

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Changes from the bench made a difference imho. Sinckler and Lawes were more dynamic. Discipline nearly handed ABs the win though. Great to take it to the decider.....massive challenge though as they will be uber fired up.

D

Deleted member 1418

Here's the plan.

The All Blacks should have to start the game with 13 players. At half time they can have a 14th and at 60 minutes they can have their 15th. That would make for a great game.😀

Yes but to make it fairer they should start with 12 and only be allowed to finish with 14!! ;) :)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
All the negativity that was spouted all week from everyone, what do you all know.................nuffin 😜😂😂

D

Deleted member 15344

All the negativity that was spouted all week from everyone, what do you all know.................nuffin 😜😂😂

Lions played against 14 men and made very hard work of it and in the end helped out by poor kicking from Barrett - if the AB had a top class kicker they would have been out of sight.

They won the game but it should mask some poor areas and players that shouldn't be on the pitch

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Lions played against 14 men and made very hard work of it and in the end helped out by poor kicking from Barrett - if the AB had a top class kicker they would have been out of sight.

They won the game but it should mask some poor areas and players that shouldn't be on the pitch

Lions scored their try when it was 14 Vs 14, the rest of your reply is all ifs & buts.

D

Deleted member 15344

Lions scored their try when it was 14 Vs 14, the rest of your reply is all ifs & buts.

And when it was 14v14 they were still losing - scored the second try when they went back to 15.

15 v 15 and the AB still win , they nearly did it with 14 - that's how good they are.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
And when it was 14v14 they were still losing - scored the second try when they went back to 15.

15 v 15 and the AB still win , they nearly did it with 14 - that's how good they are.

i don't think them going back to 15 had anything to do with the 2nd try, the momentum was clearly there, you can't say that at 15-15 they still win, its an opinion, not a fact.

Lions did brilliantly with gifting so many points in penalties away but took there chances well when they had to.

Set up now for a great match next week.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

I get what you say but it was more to do with Lions poor composure, discipline and decision making in the second half rather than excellent AB play.

Might be wrong but i think Vino was very close to being red carded. The TMO was trying to get hold of the ref before the yellow came out. He may have played himself out of the decider.

D

Deleted member 15344

I get what you say but it was more to do with Lions poor composure, discipline and decision making in the second half rather than excellent AB play.

Might be wrong but i think Vino was very close to being red carded. The TMO was trying to get hold of the ref before the yellow came out. He may have played himself out of the decider.

Yeah the TMO was certainly looking for the red card so can see McGrath coming in and Mako on the bench. The guy that come on for Williams was breaking the line all day especially at Farrell who tackled well but just couldn't stop him. It was a scrappy ill disciplined game with that red card key - AB will react and 15 v 15 will be a big win at Eden

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
They are saying that sonny who got red carded could be in for a lengthy ban. Come what may he should be missing for the last test. That is massive for the AB.