British & Irish Lions Tour 2017

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Thoroughly enjoyed the game. As usual, the All Blacks played pretty close to the line in terms of aggression and rightly got done for it on a number of occasions. The Lions were a little slow to the breakdown far too often but the AB's weren't good enough to capitalise on it. If it was boxing the AB's might, note might, have won on points but it wasn't. The score tells the story, i.e. the better team across all depts. won.

Would 15'v'15 have made a difference? If I could answer questions like that I'd do the lottery.

The next Test will be one almighty battle. I doubt the AB's will play that badly again, and I doubt the Lions will either.

D

Deleted member 15344

They are saying that sonny who got red carded could be in for a lengthy ban. Come what may he should be missing for the last test. That is massive for the AB.

Lauampe was very impressive of the bench - breaking the line whilst targeting Farrell a number of occasions whilst still,solid in defence , was just missing runners looking for the offload when he was breaking - watching him in this game and the midweek one he is possibly an upgrade on Williams

D

Deleted member 1418

Lions unchanged for the final test, wouldnt be my choice but then me and Gatland see things very very differently

Think Mako can consider himself fortunate after his crazy 10 minutes in the 2nd half and subsequent sin binning. Probably the right call - cannot change a winning team and all that. Would like to see Lawes come on earlier though - thought he was great when he did last week.

D

Deleted member 15344

Think Mako can consider himself fortunate after his crazy 10 minutes in the 2nd half and subsequent sin binning. Probably the right call - cannot change a winning team and all that. Would like to see Lawes come on earlier though - thought he was great when he did last week.

Think Lawes should start and agree Mako is very lucky but you can see why he went for the same team - 20 point gap defeat

D

Deleted member 1418

Think Lawes should start and agree Mako is very lucky but you can see why he went for the same team - 20 point gap defeat

Yes mate I'll think we'll beat the ABs by about 20 too.......😂😂

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Unsure of the weather forecast but IMO playing the same starting line up on s a mistake, MV should have been dropped as should have been AWJ. T'eo should start at 12 with Farrell at 10 and I'd be tempted to start Webb over Murray to get some spark and sniping early on.

I see a defeat and a heavy one at that if it's not raining.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unsure of the weather forecast but IMO playing the same starting line up on s a mistake, MV should have been dropped as should have been AWJ. T'eo should start at 12 with Farrell at 10 and I'd be tempted to start Webb over Murray to get some spark and sniping early on.

I see a defeat and a heavy one at that if it's not raining.

I was very much in agreeance about AWJ but have since seen so much analysis showing things he did that wouldn't normally been spotted. Add to that his presence in the team and I can see why he is there. Can see him coming off a tad earlier though.

I think we have to beat them playing expansive rugby, therefore agree with sticking with Far/Sexton

Would love to see Webb, think he is brilliant, but sticking with the irish 9-10 for the majority and Webb to come on towards the end isn't the worst plan!

Biggest surprise for me is Mako staying. Must be more careful with pens!

D

Deleted member 15344

Amazing Battle and fully deserved result - respect to both

D

Deleted member 16999

Good call 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂