Olympics - Paris 2024

4LEX

Visit site
Fallen through the floor ? Just over 3 billion watched the last games

And there were 33 sports in Tokyo , 32 in Paris

There are a lot of sports that don’t get the chance of any highlights throughout the year

Can never understand why people moan about them getting two weeks every 4 years

London was the peak at 3.6 billion, Rio 3.2 and Tokyo at 3.

I'd call that falling through the floor. Paris will see a big drop off.

For comparison 5.2 billion watched the Euros in 2021.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Mandofred

Visit site
Fallen through the floor ? Just over 3 billion watched the last games

And there were 33 sports in Tokyo , 32 in Paris

There are a lot of sports that don’t get the chance of any highlights throughout the year

Can never understand why people moan about them getting two weeks every 4 years
Well....kind of 32. 5? just with swimming which brings it up to 36?. I'm not a fan of the Olympics any more. A sport doesn't "deserve" to be put on tv. Kayaking is ignored all year....they are used to it. They don't deserve to be put on tv....things get put on tv because they are popular and people will watch it. I've never watched dancing with the stars.....and the fact that I am forced to PAY a tv license so they can put that rubbish on tv just ticks me off. Oh well.....the Olympics aren't of MY interest, but.....it is a dying waste of money.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Well....kind of 32. 5? just with swimming which brings it up to 36?. I'm not a fan of the Olympics any more. A sport doesn't "deserve" to be put on tv. Kayaking is ignored all year....they are used to it. They don't deserve to be put on tv....things get put on tv because they are popular and people will watch it. I've never watched dancing with the stars.....and the fact that I am forced to PAY a tv license so they can put that rubbish on tv just ticks me off. Oh well.....the Olympics aren't of MY interest, but.....it is a dying waste of money.

Yes you have already said you aren’t a fan of the Olympics anymore so I’m not sure why you would be bothering with it 🤷‍♂️

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They build the pool with wake reducing tech, and also increase the temp within the arena.
London did it to great effect. However this being a temporary pool, it does look slow.
Thanks. Interesting stuff.
You'd think there would be set conditions for records to stand as is the case for athletics.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks. Interesting stuff.
You'd think there would be set conditions for records to stand as is the case for athletics.
They can make "fast" running tracks and the latest running shoes are also helping both sprint and long distance. Sadly the only sports that dont see much help is the throwing sports where the don't use their own equipment.

Mandofred

Visit site
Yes you have already said you aren’t a fan of the Olympics anymore so I’m not sure why you would be bothering with it 🤷‍♂️
You mean....because it is jammed down our throats and we aren't able to avoid it? Come on....

Is there much of anything on this site (or any other site) that doesn't get regurgitated over and over? It's just the way of the world...... If you think the Olympics is amazing, great. I think it isn't.... You can repeat your love of it, but I can't repeat my dislike?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
You mean....because it is jammed down our throats and we aren't able to avoid it? Come on....

Is there much of anything on this site (or any other site) that doesn't get regurgitated over and over? It's just the way of the world...... If you think the Olympics is amazing, great. I think it isn't.... You can repeat your love of it, but I can't repeat my dislike?

It’s very easily avoided 🤷‍♂️ it’s only one channel , just don’t go onto that channel, don’t go into a thread about it - there you go - avoided

We know you don’t like it or have any interest in it , you nailed that cross already

Mandofred

Visit site
It’s very easily avoided 🤷‍♂️ it’s only one channel , just don’t go onto that channel, don’t go into a thread about it - there you go - avoided

We know you don’t like it or have any interest in it , you nailed that cross already
Ah.....your knowledge is limited. It's on many channels....different sports on different channels. I've got the cheapy Virgin package.....it's everywhere.

Swango1980

Visit site
At least you could find the time to come on a thread entitled "Olympics - Paris 2024" to post a paragraph about not liking it.

Think I'll look out for a Songs of Praise thread, express why I have never watched that as it doesn't interest me ;)

Mandofred

Visit site
At least you could find the time to come on a thread entitled "Olympics - Paris 2024" to post a paragraph about not liking it.

Think I'll look out for a Songs of Praise thread, express why I have never watched that as it doesn't interest me ;)
Oh jeez.....I take it all back. Songs of Praise is worse. Forgive me for complaining......I'll hide now. The Olympics is much better than Songs of Praise. But you do know that there will be someone who will disagree with that as well. It's a forum.....

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Just watched some boxing. Pretty awful. Then some Fencing where they deliberately didn't engage. Dull. Very dull. Rugby 7s, no Brits?

Poor old Balders working her butt off on the BBC trying to make out this guff is exciting. Flogging a dead horse. (Oops)

Turned off. Might come back for the track and field if nowt else happening.

4LEX

Visit site
🤷‍♂️ not sure why that would mean the IOC is bankrupt

Im sure the Middle East at some point will get the games . There and Africa will at some point get them

Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

The summer games in Qatar or Africa and no hint of corruption?! Summer games in 40-50 degree heat. Or do you want the summer games to become the winter games?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

The summer games in Qatar or Africa and no hint of corruption?! Summer games in 40-50 degree heat. Or do you want the summer games to become the winter games?

Who said anything about corruption?

The hosted the Sydney Games late September Early October

Same when it was hosted in Seoul

There are multiple confirmed bids for 2032 including India which has the support of other nations - long way to go yet when Qatar has already been turned down twice