Olympics - Paris 2024

D-S

Visit site
The swimming is delivering once again. The French 'face of the games', Leon Marchand has just won brilliantly, crowd went nuts. Great stuff.
Heard Steve Parry,the BBC pundit, say today that he was the best swimmer he has ever seen -technically far superior to Phelps
Apparently if he wins or gets a medal in the breaststroke later he will be the first swimmer ever to get a medal in an individual breaststroke and a flow event (freestyle, backstroke or butterfly) in Olympic history.
He seems to be a bit useful.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Apparently as is the swedish woman who won the race before. Great to see the look of pure happiness.

The shock on her face was brilliant

And Marchand in those last 20 metres was just unbelievable to go past the supposed best in the world

And does seem such a humble guy as well

Also Ledecky wins another gold medal - 8 now in total and 12 medals all in and in the distance events - just unreal

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
While I am happy for the German to win the bronze I quite feel for the Italian in 4th place. She was so close to a medal and so far ahead of the 5th swimmer, it just doesn’t feel fair she doesn’t get anything. 4th really is the worst place to get.

4LEX

Visit site
Switzerland twice, then Roth. I would pick an official Mdot over a challenge any time now. Should have done Klagenfurt instead of 2nd Zurich but got the money I needed a week too late.
Also had entries for Challenge Barcelona, IM Frankfurt and IM Regensburg. Not starting is quite an expensive habit.

If you pick a nice city, at least if the race goes south, you have a nice city break.

Well done mate that's impressive! Would you advise a 70.3 to start or go straight into the main thing? Run a fair few marathons and strong on the bike. Swimming is so so.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
1st round today.

Have Tommy or Fitzpatrick got a medal in them, or are we going to see Team USA take all three - it is possible given they've got arguably the two best current players in the world, with Cantlay and Wyndham backing them up.

Players seem to be talking the relevance of the Olympics up - at the end of the day, an Olympic medal is something to treasure.

Shame that yet again some players that should be there, are not.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
1st round today.

Have Tommy or Fitzpatrick got a medal in them, or are we going to see Team USA take all three - it is possible given they've got arguably the two best current players in the world, with Cantlay and Wyndham backing them up.

Players seem to be talking the relevance of the Olympics up - at the end of the day, an Olympic medal is something to treasure.

Shame that yet again some players that should be there, are not.

Who?

And by that I mean which country/nation has not sent its best representatives to the Olympics (that are willing to attend)

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Another great day yesterday for GB with more medals in the bag

Going to be a good battle with France to see which is the top European

Today got some more chances in the rowing

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Definitely Eurosport for the rowing. James Cracknell is just great at explaining the little nuances of the skill. It's so flipping difficult and to watch them scull a single so cleanly is amazing. Those boats are ridiculously unstable and just want to tip you in!!

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Definitely Eurosport for the rowing. James Cracknell is just great at explaining the little nuances of the skill. It's so flipping difficult and to watch them scull a single so cleanly is amazing. Those boats are ridiculously unstable and just want to tip you in!!
We had a weekend in Stratford a few weeks ago and the local rowing club organised an annual fun regatta for local firms. They got 3 hours of training from the club coaches and then raised for charity - 4 in a boat (with cox) and an oar each. Most of the crews were hopeless, too much effort and not enough technique. The crew that won were nice and smooth and took a lot less strokes than the others but actually managed to get power into their strokes instead of pulling like mad and falling off their seats like some. Unfortunately for us spectators, they used the really stable beginner boats so no-one fell in :cry:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Who was the lady commentating on the gold medal quad race? Thought she was going to lose it completely at the end. Will go down as one of those epic commentating clips

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had a cheeky little quid on Fleetwood at 20/1. He loves this golf course and always plays well there.

I'm working from home today, anyone know what channel I could watch it on?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Who was the lady commentating on the gold medal quad race? Thought she was going to lose it completely at the end. Will go down as one of those epic commentating clips

I'm not sure. GOLD...IS IT?! So funny. I was up on my feet running with Yee then flicked over for that! One of those best TV moments ever!