Olympics - Paris 2024

RichA

Visit site
Biggest day of their lives and most of them enter the pool area looking like it's a contest to see who can look most bored. I'm finding it quite irritating.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Biggest day of their lives and most of them enter the pool area looking like it's a contest to see who can look most bored. I'm finding it quite irritating.

Most look like Mickey or Minnie Mouse with huge headphones on their heads!

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like the pace of the swimming events. No hanging around. Get them out of the pool and get the next lot in.
We went to the Commonwealth Games swimming and when the qualifying was on the next race was out ready when the first race was just ending. They get out the pool and the next competitors are on the blocks. No announcement just the names on the big screen.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The French shoehorning a triathlon course into something less than suitable. Get those antibiotics in fast!

Last night the minute between winning relay gold and tennis delight - unmatched. Love it. Andy and Dan jumping around like big kids.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of our consultants has just done an ironman triathlon. That is brutal and you have to wonder where the pleasure comes from

I managed a half ironman before injury finally did for me. I'd entered IM Germany but had to withdraw. You train and train and train and there's a perverse pleasure in the suffering. "If it was easy..."

Swango1980

Visit site
One of our consultants has just done an ironman triathlon. That is brutal and you have to wonder where the pleasure comes from
A chap I work with is Iron Man mad, I believe he has done the second most iron man events in the world (or had done a few years ago, when he was interviewed for some magazine).

Got one most weekends somewhere, or just some crazy 100 mile run somewhere. He once did an event which was 10 iron men on 10 consecutive days. He won it, and many have to pull out as a single iron man starts to take them over 24 hours. Another one of his pleasures is a triple iron man, which I think takes around 2 days. 11.4km swim, 540km bike ride, 126.6km run. Usually held on hilly / mountain routes.

Yeah, I don't get the pleasure in it at all. I get the satisfaction of running 5 or 10km, only once you've finished and feel happy you've done it. But, do put yourself through pain for many hours, if not days, doesn't seem enjoyable in the slightest. How he doesn't have knee problems is beyond me. He's in his 50's, so been abusing them for decades