Olympics - Paris 2024

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it's hard to understand just how strong the gymnasts are. In particular their core strength - things they do defy belief. Pretty courageous too.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
10m pistol shooting, not exactly a 'made for TV' sport.
I don't think I've ever seen such a boring sport, and what's with those glasses that some are wearing?
Just put a scope on the bloody thing.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
The shooting may have been boring to watch for some but look at the reaction from the competitors

That’s what 4 years of hard work culminates in

The arena is full

It’s what Olympics are all about

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I think it's hard to understand just how strong the gymnasts are. In particular their core strength - things they do defy belief. Pretty courageous too.

My mate was on the fringes of the GB gymnast team before injuries (curvature of the spine) meant he had to knock it on the head at 16 or so. His core strength was phenomenal and he could do some great party tricks - he was wowwing the crowds on a lads holiday once by doing a one handed handstand on a pillar before back flipping onto the beach.

The stead it put him in for other sports is ridiculous due to his unbelievable core strength. He started playing rugby and because he was just a little ball of muscle he was an absolute menace on the pitch for knocking back much bigger men.

I've said I want to get my lad into gymnastics when he's older as it does give you such a good basis for later on in life.

Swango1980

Visit site
The shooting may have been boring to watch for some but look at the reaction from the competitors

That’s what 4 years of hard work culminates in

The arena is full

It’s what Olympics are all about
I think this is the only thing Slime was referring to in all fairness.

I reckon we all agree the competitors have dedicated years of hard work to their discipline, along with being naturally talented to begin with. Rather than go out yesterday, buy a gun, go out on the piss last night and turn up to the event with a hangover, thinking they are Robocop or Billie the Kid. Although, ironically that would probably make it more entertaining for the TV Audience :ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think this is the only thing Slime was referring to in all fairness.

I reckon we all agree the competitors have dedicated years of hard work to their discipline, along with being naturally talented to begin with. Rather than go out yesterday, buy a gun, go out on the piss last night and turn up to the event with a hangover, thinking they are Robocop or Billie the Kid. Although, ironically that would probably make it more entertaining for the TV Audience :ROFLMAO:
A few Olympic sports that aren't exactly made for TV but to be there as a competitor and see the culmination of years of dedication and training must be such a feeling. Even for those competitors that realistically never have a medal chance, the chance to represent your country and compete is what the Olympics have always been about

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone watching the BMX? Have we been done by the judges again (boxing has been unreal) or was Worthington poor? Although...unless they fall off I aint got a clue!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Anyone watching the BMX? Have we been done by the judges again (boxing has been unreal) or was Worthington poor? Although...unless they fall off I aint got a clue!
Difficult to argue constructivvely as I have no idea technically what is good and under-performing. Thought the boxing scoring has been atrocious across the board