Olympics - Paris 2024

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
How to watch the Olympics is all in the thread

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
just flipped over to see there was athletics on and it’s the walk event - it’s very hard not to laugh at them but must be so hard not to have a little sprint

I find it difficult to watch fully grown men mincing along like they do, it's definitely not for me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How to watch the Olympics is all in the thread

So I'm to scan 15 pages for the answer? I don't care about the rest of the Olympics I only want to watch the golf.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Why are we discussing golf in the out of bounds section?

Never even thought to look here before trying to create a golf thread to talk about golf on a golf forum…😂😂🤯

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
does it make any difference on a stroke play event? And if it does, couldn't it be lifting him?
I don't know. I wonder (and I don't know) if the crowd will all be regular golfers or golf spectators or have just got tickets in the ballots and if so will they be as quiet as a normal event especially if the French are doing well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why are we discussing golf in the out of bounds section?

Never even thought to look here before trying to create a golf thread to talk about golf on a golf forum…😂😂🤯
I was replying to your topic and it didn't let me, I thought it had been deleted because of your LIV jibe. 😂 Which is why I made a new one. It's golf so makes sense to talk about it in the golf forum. Especially for those of us that don't give a toss about the rest of the Olympics.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
All the Olympics sports are on

bbc and player - choice of two events

Eurosport and Eurosport 2 - choice of two events

The discovery plus app on Sky box or smart device allows you to pick any event that’s happening or re watch

Need to register for a Discovery Plus account which is free for anyone with a BT Sport( TNT ) account or you need to pay

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't know. I wonder (and I don't know) if the crowd will all be regular golfers or golf spectators or have just got tickets in the ballots and if so will they be as quiet as a normal event especially if the French are doing well.
Like the soccer crowds watching the american football at Wembley and don't know when to be quiet to help 'their' team.

My mum used to be an expert on every olympic sport. But don't put it on ever again after the closing ceremony.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The discovery plus app on Sky box or smart device allows you to pick any event that’s happening or re watch

Need to register for a Discovery Plus account which is free for anyone with a BT Sport( TNT ) account or you need to pay

I signed up for it free of charge and I have Sky, not BT Sport.

Swango1980

Visit site
I find it difficult to watch fully grown men mincing along like they do, it's definitely not for me.
I've always wondered if this was the technique employed by people playing walking football? If a pass is overhit, do they waddle after it at full pelt, or sneakily break into a sprint?

My best 5K time at Parkrun is 19 minutes 15 seconds. I was chuffed with that. Yet, the world record for the 5K Walk is 18 minutes 7 seconds. My best 10K is 39 minutes 18 seconds. The 20K walk world record is 1hr 16mins 36 secs (half that being just over 38 minutes)

Given that I somehow won the Parkrun with that time (as none of the better amateurs were there to my luck), and just outside the Top 100 in the 10K of a few thousand, I think it is absolutely ridiculous these guys can walk faster than me at my peak. Full respect, even if they do look ridiculous. I'd love them to turn up to a Parkrun, imagine being lapped by a walker, even though you're putting in a very good time yourself 😲