Olympics - Paris 2024

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
1st round today.

Have Tommy or Fitzpatrick got a medal in them, or are we going to see Team USA take all three - it is possible given they've got arguably the two best current players in the world, with Cantlay and Wyndham backing them up.

Players seem to be talking the relevance of the Olympics up - at the end of the day, an Olympic medal is something to treasure.

Shame that yet again some players that should be there, are not.

Wyndham, currently +4 after 4!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've always wondered if this was the technique employed by people playing walking football? If a pass is overhit, do they waddle after it at full pelt, or sneakily break into a sprint?

My best 5K time at Parkrun is 19 minutes 15 seconds. I was chuffed with that. Yet, the world record for the 5K Walk is 18 minutes 7 seconds. My best 10K is 39 minutes 18 seconds. The 20K walk world record is 1hr 16mins 36 secs (half that being just over 38 minutes)

Given that I somehow won the Parkrun with that time (as none of the better amateurs were there to my luck), and just outside the Top 100 in the 10K of a few thousand, I think it is absolutely ridiculous these guys can walk faster than me at my peak. Full respect, even if they do look ridiculous. I'd love them to turn up to a Parkrun, imagine being lapped by a walker, even though you're putting in a very good time yourself 😲
Bet Larry Grayson would have been good in this

Swango1980

Visit site
I spent ages looking for this channel on Sky Go and Firestick, then it turns out the golf is on BBC as well. Oh no wait - they keep cutting away to show rowing or swimming or some other nonsense. 😫
The advantage of the BBC, everyone (with a TV license can watch it). The disadvantage, there are so many sports that they need to flick between all of them as they go on in parallel (not sure if the Red Button allows you to watch what you want uninterrupted?)

Are the Olympics also on Eurosport?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I spent ages looking for this channel on Sky Go and Firestick, then it turns out the golf is on BBC as well. Oh no wait - they keep cutting away to show rowing or swimming or some other nonsense. 😫

Blimey how do you survive

Discovery Plus is an App

So it’s on the App on a Sky box

It’s an App that you can download onto a smart device

or go to the website

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Blimey how do you survive

Discovery Plus is an App

So it’s on the App on a Sky box

It’s an App that you can download onto a smart device

or go to the website

Thank you! Why did nobody mention this before? Spent ages looking for it in the channel list. 😄 Installing it on the firestick now. (y)

Ahhh nope - it's not free, it's asking me to sign up and pay. Oh well, looks like I'm not watching the golf today then.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You not got an iptv subscription? 👀😎
Yes but couldn't find it on there - presumably as mentioned above because it's an app and not a channel. I don't use it very much to be honest and it's hard to find anything as it is. I've given up now, no golf for me today.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes but couldn't find it on there - presumably as mentioned above because it's an app and not a channel. I don't use it very much to be honest and it's hard to find anything as it is. I've given up now, no golf for me today.

Aaah, I got rid of Sky last month but I always thought it was a channel not an app 🤯

Red devil

Visit site
Thank you! Why did nobody mention this before? Spent ages looking for it in the channel list. 😄 Installing it on the firestick now. (y)

Ahhh nope - it's not free, it's asking me to sign up and pay. Oh well, looks like I'm not watching the golf today then.
We paid £3.99 cancel anytime. Watching golf now

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
As Red Deil advised £3.99 will get you the app and every sport that's on live.

It's free with Sky Q but not regular Sky unless you have TNT Sports.

Get me all tech savvy!!!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
3 rowing medals. I'll take that. I'm not loving Katerine Grainger's punditry. She's kinda negative...
I was in the car for the rowing and pundit on that was painful. A/ No wonder the GB team came second, they only had Helen Glover in the boat....... B/ Not sure how they didn't win, all they needed was Glover's experience, nothing more :rolleyes:

Sounded like a great race, both boats gave it everything, hats off to the Dutch. We nicked the one yesterday, today they held on. Heads held high all around.