Masters 2019

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Golf is bigger than one person - when Woods was winning week in week out he was rightly the centre of attraction , he was the best player on tour and he showed that with his performances.

Woods now is not the best player on tour - he hasn’t won a major for 11 years now - the sport moved on when he wasn’t around and multiple quality better players came through the ranks to show that golf can and should move on from focussing on just one player. People have and will switch off from golf coverage because of the flood and over hype of Woods - there are plenty of people are golf fans and not just Woods fans who want to see and hear about more than just Woods. Molinari for example is prob the hottest golfer on the planet right - he will be number one soon enough , yet nothing about him , gets forgotten about beyond the headlines of one person. None of this is Woods fault , in fact I think he has changed a lot over the past two years and I don’t mind watching him but the coverage needs to be balanced - it can’t be too one sided towards Woods - that is disrespectful towards other players.

People always say - well watch something else , that shouldn’t be the answer , people want to watch golf but they don’t just want to watch the Tiger Woods shows

And I don’t know what a “real golf fan” is ? Strange question

Tiger rescued golf, Tiger brought back sponsorship and corporate investment, he galvanised a stagnant US Tour.

TIGER IS GOLF IN OUR ERA.

D

Deleted member 1740

Fantastic performance from Tiger, made up he’s in a real position to challenge on the final day, I just hope Molinari wins as I backed him last week.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have just spent four hours enjoying totally uninterrupted coverage of the tournament on the BBC.

I don’t ‘gaymble’ responsibly or otherwise, so I have no interest whatsoever in seeing Ray Winstone’s faux hard man cockernee gangster persona cajoling me to waste my hard-earned money by giving it to disingenuous grasping corporate entities.

What a shame the modern world is governed by greedy corporations all too keen to stripe us for every last penny we have while trying to pretend that they really have our best interests st heart.

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I have just spent four hours enjoying totally uninterrupted coverage of the tournament on the BBC.

I don’t ‘gaymble’ responsibly or otherwise, so I have no interest whatsoever in seeing Ray Winstone’s faux hard man cockernee gangster persona cajoling me to waste my hard earned money by giving it to disingenuous grasping corporate entities.

What a shame the modern world is governed by greedy corporations all too keen to stripe us for every last penny we have while trying to pretend that they really have our best interests st heart.

I managed just that feat too on sky. In fact I don’t think there was a moment that I wasn’t watching actual golf from 8pm onwards courtesy of split screen. Whenever ever main coverage was adverts or leaderboard. The featured groups were hitting shots.

Molinari looking superb. If Woods or Schaufle can’t win (money) then I hope he does.

D

Deleted member 16999

That bunker shot at 18 from Molinari was just superb.
Great nights viewing on whatever channel you chose.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It raises a question for tomorrow re coverage.

Sky have a whole channel dedicated to golf. So they'll just put in on earlier than scheduled.

Those watching BBC, what have they said. They've the women's fa Cup semis on during the day prior to when coverage was meant to start.

Of course they could just cancel songs of praise and Country file....

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It raises a question for tomorrow re coverage.

Sky have a whole channel dedicated to golf. So they'll just put in on earlier than scheduled.

Those watching BBC, what have they said. They've the women's fa Cup semis on during the day prior to when coverage was meant to start.

Of course they could just cancel songs of praise and Country file....

sky on air live at 1pm, bbc at 1.55pm, leaders tee off at 2.20pm