Masters 2019

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tiger grew golf

He turned it from an elitist sport to a more inclusive sport.

Younger fans, especially from non traditional minority’s took an interest

Can only be seen as a good thing

Exactly this.................Unless you were happy with Golf being a predominantly wealthy caucasian sport, then yeah golf didn't need rescuing.
IMO, golf before TW definitely needed changing. And change for the good. Now we have all races regardless of wealth taking up the sport. How is that not a good thing?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I never knew this until this morning.. apparently tiger has never won a major unless leading or tied for the lead after 54 holes

so if he wins he needs to do something he has never done

then again he prob never had to come from behind before.. the field wasn't as good

That old chestnut 😂😂

Tbh I think he’s probably won most of his tournaments from the front. You can’t win from behind when you’re hardly there.....

Wasn’t it something like he won 30% of all tournaments entered in a 5 year stretch.

Really looking forward to today. Molonari certainly isn’t phased by him. Maybe it goes back to woods concededing to him in Medina. Let his guard down there and showed he was human after all 😂😂

U

User62651

Think Tiger said he's getting up around 0345 to 'prepare' for a 0920 tee time. Unless you are used to getting up that early, is that a wise move? Disrupt your usual sleep patterns, not good at 43. Surely sleep till 0630 then prepare a bit quicker than normal?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That old chestnut 😂😂

Tbh I think he’s probably won most of his tournaments from the front. You can’t win from behind when you’re hardly there.....

Wasn’t it something like he won 30% of all tournaments entered in a 5 year stretch.

Really looking forward to today. Molonari certainly isn’t phased by him. Maybe it goes back to woods concededing to him in Medina. Let his guard down there and showed he was human after all 😂😂

I am super excited for today

I will have it on my tablet today from 14:00

I don't bet big amounts on any sport.. but I like to place £10 worth of bets on every major.. for me keeps it interesting ..

before season started I placed £10 on Fowler to win any major 9/2 odds. so that one has an outside chance today

before the masters I picked 3 players

Tiger woods 14/1 each way £2

Francesco 18/1 each way £2

Brooks 22/1 each way £1

all 3 of them in the top 5 right now (top 10 pays out)

this morning I got a bet refund of £4 for a void bet... anyways I placed a cheeky little bet just for today

£4 at 6/1 Woods to beat Koepka, DJ to Beat Schauffele and Molinari to beat Finau

Going to be interesting viewing today!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No matter what happens today with TW, the damage is done.The American media is now revitalised with the TW obsession which was thankfully fading in the last few years.
I know how good he is/was for the game but wall to wall coverage of TW gets tiring very quickly.
For those who don't agree, take a look at the PGA Tours home page

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/masters-tournament.html

Despite my earlier post I can't resist :sneaky:

Which player do you expect an American broadcast media like the PGA, golf news or Masters websites to feature in its headlines? Rhetorical Q really because it won’t be the Italian or any other nationality, it’ll be their most popular US player of course. They’d be nuts not to wouldn't they, after all its still a commercial venture?
When the Premier League tout their league round the world which teams are represented in their media activity? Yup its Man Utd & Liverpool that’ll be the ever-present, regardless of how they’re playing and the rest just have to put up with it. Fair or not, its no different with golf

The sports media in Italy will probably have a different slant on their website (in fact i've just looked at Sky Italia and weirdly they have a picture of Molinari on their main golf headline, how messed up is that!)

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
The Beeb coverage was OK, I felt that as one of the genuinely exciting days in recent major golf they could have made a better job of the directing. Jumped around a lot which made it difficult to tell a story and some very random shots shown.

Quite why we needed to see every Fleetwood shot despite him being firmly in the middle of the pack yet next to nothing of DJ and Harding I don't really know.

Wolf

Visit site
It was the beeb coverage and direction, nothing to do with the yanks!
Beeb coverage is only from the pictures the yanks give them they don't get a choice what they broadcast from the course, but I will agree they could narrate that coverage they do receive better.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The Beeb coverage was OK, I felt that as one of the genuinely exciting days in recent major golf they could have made a better job of the directing. Jumped around a lot which made it difficult to tell a story and some very random shots shown.

Quite why we needed to see every Fleetwood shot despite him being firmly in the middle of the pack yet next to nothing of DJ and Harding I don't really know.

I like Fleetwood,but the man seriously needs a hair cut.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Beeb coverage is only from the pictures the yanks give them they don't get a choice what they broadcast from the course, but I will agree they could narrate that coverage they do receive better.

Not strictly true. The host broadcaster will send numerous shots to the local broadcaster. The local team then decide which to use, what order, what to not show, and how to mix these shots with when to go to adverts, studio, interviews etc etc.

I know CBS didn't show Fleetwood yesterday and they had a fair bit of Harding who shot 6 birdies(!!!) yet was largely ignored by the beeb. T

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not strictly true. The host broadcaster will send numerous shots to the local broadcaster. The local team then decide which to use, what order, what to not show, and how to mix these shots with when to go to adverts, studio, interviews etc etc.

I know CBS didn't show Fleetwood yesterday and they had a fair bit of Harding who shot 6 birdies(!!!) yet was largely ignored by the beeb. T

That’s because he has a long putter .. no one wants to watch that