Masters 2019

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Phil's not having a go at Woods, he's having a go at the totally over-the-top coverage of every bloody thing Tiger Woods does, whilst other golfers, who are higher up the leader board, are relatively ignored ................................... and Phil is totally correct in my opinion.
It's just too much and not necessary.

Don’t let Phil fool you. He doesn’t like woods. Don’t know why only Phil does. He’s always moaning about him. What he attracts to the game .. what he drags away from others.. everything ironically is about woods with Phil.

There are so many ways now to avoid woods.. featured groups.. the app.. that you don’t need to see that much of him

Thing is woods is 1 shot off the lead as it stands. 1 shot.. that’s pretty big deal..

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Phil's not having a go at Woods, he's having a go at the totally over-the-top coverage of every bloody thing Tiger Woods does, whilst other golfers, who are higher up the leader board, are relatively ignored ................................... and Phil is totally correct in my opinion.

That’s fine,but why keep constantly going on about it?
I don’t see it changing anytime soon,so if it upsets you that much,stop watching.
Surely there’s other things to do?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the story of the masters so far is day

First round limited by injury.. still managed to post under par

Second round.. leading the masters

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
We constantly talk about the fact rory needs an experienced caddy, and I often tend to agree given some of the decisions I’ve seen them make this season

If there was ever a more clear one - it’s letting Rory hit 3 wood off the tee on the 2nd.

Absolutely ridiculous decision. 2 days he’s done it and he’s 1 over
That’s Rory’s fault not The caddies.
They would have discussed the reason why and the final decision will be the players.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

You're entirely right in regards to others missing out. Unfortunately TV broadcasters make money off of ads as well as subscribers and quite simply Woods gets more people watching.

So it won't change til the blokes retired.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don’t understand it - he could be leaving himself an iron into the second green with his second shot and pick up at least a shot each round. A few things just seem a couple of inches out - the odd chip , putts taking an edge , momentum just not happening. If he could just get 2 or 3 in a row he could easily thrown in a 65 and be right in the mix. I can see him looking at a new caddy but I don’t know when.
The event he played with Fitzpatrick earlier in the year. Fitz hit 3 wood to lay up short of be fairway bunker - he ended up level with it. Rory then went after and hit 3 wood straight in the bunker and made bogey.
Horrendous.

Billy Foster Would not let that happen

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The event he played with Fitzpatrick earlier in the year. Fitz hit 3 wood to lay up short of be fairway bunker - he ended up level with it. Rory then went after and hit 3 wood straight in the bunker and made bogey.
Horrendous.

Last week Rory was saying his caddie was one of,if not the best caddy in the world.
God he talks some crap

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tiger being in contention is huge news whichever way you look at it. It's a pretty impressive comeback too. Many said he was done and would never contend in a full field or at a major. He's proved them wrong and if he did win it would be the biggest story in golf - why wouldn't he get a heap of coverage?

I've never been a fan but that's not his fault rather than the excessive media coverage he always got/gets. Then I realised I was just being stupid as he doesn't control that and instead started to admire his game and mindset and incredible performances.

If it's not a European win then I hope it's Tiger!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Horrendous.

But that is partly why Rory wouldn't employ him. He doesn't want a caddy to perform that role so Foster would likely only last a couple of tournaments before either Rory sacked him or Foster sacked Rory.

I'm not saying you or others are wrong over what he needs but he simply doesn't want that. It will be interesting to see if he goes through his whole career with the same attitude / relationship towards his caddie.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
But that is partly why Rory wouldn't employ him. He doesn't want a caddy to perform that role so Foster would likely only last a couple of tournaments before either Rory sacked him or Foster sacked Rory.

I'm not saying you or others are wrong over what he needs but he simply doesn't want that. It will be interesting to see if he goes through his whole career with the same attitude / relationship towards his caddie.
Would you agree that Rory wins events in spite of his caddy rather than ‘because’ of him.

I use because loosely because obviously a caddy can’t win you an event