Masters 2019

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The App isn’t live coverage and is not a great viewing experience on a 2 inch screen - watching a single shot 5 mins after its played isn’t the way people want to see golf - watching something after you know what has happened isn’t “getting with the times “ - I was trying to use it and it was poor - so many times they had the wrong shot , a number of times I clicked on to see a Rory shot and it was actually Fowler hitting the ball. It’s a decent little app but it’s not and shouldn’t be a replacement for the actually coverage that people pay to watch
If you’re not happy with what you’re paying for,cancel your subscription 👍🏻

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Golf is bigger than one person - when Woods was winning week in week out he was rightly the centre of attraction , he was the best player on tour and he showed that with his performances.

Woods now is not the best player on tour - he hasn’t won a major for 11 years now - the sport moved on when he wasn’t around and multiple quality better players came through the ranks to show that golf can and should move on from focussing on just one player. People have and will switch off from golf coverage because of the flood and over hype of Woods - there are plenty of people are golf fans and not just Woods fans who want to see and hear about more than just Woods. Molinari for example is prob the hottest golfer on the planet right - he will be number one soon enough , yet nothing about him , gets forgotten about beyond the headlines of one person. None of this is Woods fault , in fact I think he has changed a lot over the past two years and I don’t mind watching him but the coverage needs to be balanced - it can’t be too one sided towards Woods - that is disrespectful towards other players.

People always say - well watch something else , that shouldn’t be the answer , people want to watch golf but they don’t just want to watch the Tiger Woods shows

And I don’t know what a “real golf fan” is ? Strange question

People may switch off when Woods is in contention, but the viewing numbers are very clear, for everyone that switched off, hundreds and thousands more switch on

D

Deleted member 15344

People may switch off when Woods is in contention, but the viewing numbers are very clear, for everyone that switched off, hundreds and thousands more switch on

I have no doubt people switch on when he is playing he is the most popular player, there are lots of Woods fan , always have been , there are millions who only watch golf when Woods is playing hence why for me they aren’t golf fans but Woods fans. And because of the advertising and endorsements etc it pays for them to show the popular player regardless of how he is doing - it pays the bills. It’s just a shame that they can’t balance it and ensure it’s a good viewing for “everyone” and not just one demographic. It would be great if Woods and them all were battling away and the viewing was on them all equally - that’s something that should cater for everyone. Far too many times we have seen Woods walking to tees , practising putts , warming up , standing around when there is live golf going on from other players.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I have no doubt people switch on when he is playing he is the most popular player, there are lots of Woods fan , always have been , there are millions who only watch golf when Woods is playing hence why for me they aren’t golf fans but Woods fans. And because of the advertising and endorsements etc it pays for them to show the popular player regardless of how he is doing - it pays the bills. It’s just a shame that they can’t balance it and ensure it’s a good viewing for “everyone” and not just one demographic. It would be great if Woods and them all were battling away and the viewing was on them all equally - that’s something that should cater for everyone. Far too many times we have seen Woods walking to tees , practising putts , warming up , standing around when there is live golf going on from other players.
Change the record Phil,you’re just repeating yourself now.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Enjoying the beeb red button coverage which is focusing on the Li-Stenson and McIlroy-Leishmann groups. Interesting to watch a group play a hole in its entirety rather than the coverage flicking back and forth.

The local commentary is predictably average (one of the commentators described a chip to the fifth green as 'chippable-inable') but quality analysis always seems to be lacking in US coverage. (Have never rid my brain of the comment from McIlroy's US Open win when some paid numpty described a bunker shot as 'doable.')

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
We constantly talk about the fact rory needs an experienced caddy, and I often tend to agree given some of the decisions I’ve seen them make this season

If there was ever a more clear one - it’s letting Rory hit 3 wood off the tee on the 2nd.

Absolutely ridiculous decision. 2 days he’s done it and he’s 1 over

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jezz rory .. your suppose to head upwards on moving day

Hopefully he uses this to spring a run of birdies rather than just self implode

D

Deleted member 15344

We constantly talk about the fact rory needs an experienced caddy, and I often tend to agree given some of the decisions I’ve seen them make this season

If there was ever a more clear one - it’s letting Rory hit 3 wood off the tee on the 2nd.

Absolutely ridiculous decision. 2 days he’s done it and he’s 1 over

I don’t understand it - he could be leaving himself an iron into the second green with his second shot and pick up at least a shot each round. A few things just seem a couple of inches out - the odd chip , putts taking an edge , momentum just not happening. If he could just get 2 or 3 in a row he could easily thrown in a 65 and be right in the mix. I can see him looking at a new caddy but I don’t know when.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
If tiger was European I bet Phil would be rooting for him..

Phil's not having a go at Woods, he's having a go at the totally over-the-top coverage of every bloody thing Tiger Woods does, whilst other golfers, who are higher up the leader board, are relatively ignored ................................... and Phil is totally correct in my opinion.
It's just too much and not necessary.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Enjoying the beeb red button coverage which is focusing on the Li-Stenson and McIlroy-Leishmann groups. Interesting to watch a group play a hole in its entirety rather than the coverage flicking back and forth.

The local commentary is predictably average (one of the commentators described a chip to the fifth green as 'chippable-inable') but quality analysis always seems to be lacking in US coverage. (Have never rid my brain of the comment from McIlroy's US Open win when some paid numpty described a bunker shot as 'doable.')

Yeah I have the same feed and commentary and smirked at that comment

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

How are you getting that?
I don't seem to be able to!