Masters 2019

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I understand the coverage is controlled by the US feed, but the Sky commentary is absolutely awful.
It's also a shame Woods is dominating the coverage over everyone else. Yesterday for example, we get to watch Woods walk/sit around/chat wih his caddy, look pensive instead of Rory dumping it into the stream on 13, his drop, approach, then putt.
Even my wife commented on the coverage Woods was getting to the detriment of the rest of the field.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I understand the coverage is controlled by the US feed, but the Sky commentary is absolutely awful.
It's also a shame Woods is dominating the coverage over everyone else. Yesterday for example, we get to watch Woods walk/sit around/chat wih his caddy, look pensive instead of Rory dumping it into the stream on 13, his drop, approach, then putt.
Even my wife commented on the coverage Woods was getting to the detriment of the rest of the field.

Watch on the app? It literally caters for everyone.. you can follow who you want with zero poor commentary

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Your right. It’s not sky’s fault at all. They have no control over their feed

There was a part where they had to say we assume that Putt was for par but will confirm

Can’t know what your not shown!

Think they do cracking work. I’ll be watching on bbc tonight personally just because saves annoying adverts ..

They have control of other tournaments they show and they're Tom Kite too. Dreadful presentation, dreadful analysis and a rip off for the paying customer.

User20204

Visit site
In regards the Tiger effect, I followed much of last night via twitter due not having Sky, though I understand some wishing to see others play, Tiger is the biggest draw in sport, never mind golf. EVERYTHING in regards The Masters last night was all about Tiger, there can't be many not pulling for him this weekend, I suspect most of those are actually members on here :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

For those interested

Just a reminder - Live coverage of The Masters on BBC TV today. Featured groups and range on red button from 2.45pm UK time. Then BBC2 from 8pm. Padraig Harrington joining Peter, Ken, Azinger and me in commentary.

Glad that Azinger is still there

Also seems a very high chance of thunderstorms on Sunday that could affect play for large periods - wonder if they will think about bringing the tee times forward

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The impression is that Sky are pulling for him too.
I think it shows a lack of respect to the players who are actually beating him in the tournament.
The order in which the headlines should run should begin with the leaders and then move onto the rest of the field.
Sometimes you feel that the only person playing good shots is Tiger

D

Deleted member 15344

The impression is that Sky are pulling for him too.
I think it shows a lack of respect to the players who are actually beating him in the tournament.
The order in which the headlines should run should begin with the leaders and then move onto the rest of the field.
Sometimes you feel that the only person playing good shots is Tiger

That sums it up

Yesterday we went out after seeing Molinari have a great round - then driving home the radio was all about Woods and talk of it being a special day in the sport of golf etc - and listening to them I thought something spectacular had happened with Woods but then was a bit puzzled when he wasn’t a top of the leaderboard, hadn’t even shot the best score on the day. Then watched the highlights and it was a repeat of the 5live broadcast - just Woods and it being all about him and it’s his tournament to lose etc etc etc . When they replayed shots of the day - it’s all his shots and that’s nothing to do with the host broadcaster that’s Sky on the telly and 5live being just as guilty on the radio

It’s all very disrespectful towards a lot of players who are at this time in the sport are better than Woods and playing better than him , have won more recent comps than him. Woods fans will love it - a lot of “golf” fans will start to resent him

User20204

Visit site
I suspect those around him on the board aren't too disappointed he's getting all the headlines as the rest can just go about the their business pretty much unnoticed like Louis and Xander, I bet those two are complaining about it all.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I suspect those around him on the board aren't too disappointed he's getting all the headlines as the rest can just go about the their business pretty much unnoticed like Louis and Xander, I bet those two are complaining about it all.

Spot on

What is disrespectful is talking about tiger if he doesn’t win

So say brooks wins and they say tiger did this and this for the entire article and hardly mention the winner

Until they win I doubt they mind

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It’s all very disrespectful towards a lot of players who are at this time in the sport are better than Woods and playing better than him , have won more recent comps than him. Woods fans will love it - a lot of “golf” fans will start to resent him

Are you new to the world of golf and TW? He has always been the centre of attention ever since he turned pro. How long was that ago?
Please let me know when these supposed ''golf'' fans are going to start to resent him? Yeah, doesn't seem to be happening yet does it.

I'm the biggest Tiger fan here( much bigger than Dan ;)) and yet I've missed watching both his rounds, only catching highlights. So to all the people hating/moaning whenever he tee's it up, watch or do something else.....It's not the end of the world.

ps: Please explain what a real ''golf'' fan is? :unsure:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
In regards the Tiger effect, I followed much of last night via twitter due not having Sky, though I understand some wishing to see others play, Tiger is the biggest draw in sport, never mind golf. EVERYTHING in regards The Masters last night was all about Tiger, there can't be many not pulling for him this weekend, I suspect most of those are actually members on here :ROFLMAO:

I'm certainly not pulling for him and I suspect I'm not alone in this.

D

Deleted member 15344

Are you new to the world of golf and TW? He has always been the centre of attention ever since he turned pro. How long was that ago?
Please let me know when these supposed ''golf'' fans are going to start to resent him? Yeah, doesn't seem to be happening yet does it.

Golf is bigger than one person - when Woods was winning week in week out he was rightly the centre of attraction , he was the best player on tour and he showed that with his performances.

Woods now is not the best player on tour - he hasn’t won a major for 11 years now - the sport moved on when he wasn’t around and multiple quality better players came through the ranks to show that golf can and should move on from focussing on just one player. People have and will switch off from golf coverage because of the flood and over hype of Woods - there are plenty of people are golf fans and not just Woods fans who want to see and hear about more than just Woods. Molinari for example is prob the hottest golfer on the planet right - he will be number one soon enough , yet nothing about him , gets forgotten about beyond the headlines of one person. None of this is Woods fault , in fact I think he has changed a lot over the past two years and I don’t mind watching him but the coverage needs to be balanced - it can’t be too one sided towards Woods - that is disrespectful towards other players.

I'm the biggest Tiger fan here( much bigger than Dan ;)) and yet I've missed watching both his rounds, only catching highlights. So to all the people hating/moaning whenever he tee's it up, watch or do something else.....It's not the end of the world.

ps: Please explain what a real ''golf'' fan is? :unsure:

People always say - well watch something else , that shouldn’t be the answer , people want to watch golf but they don’t just want to watch the Tiger Woods shows

And I don’t know what a “real golf fan” is ? Strange question

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Why would you continue watching a programme that is so bad that you feel the need to keep moaning about it?🤷‍♂️
Bizarre

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why would you continue watching a programme that is so bad that you feel the need to keep moaning about it?🤷‍♂️
Bizarre

Or why not get with the times and watch on the app where if you don’t want to see tiger you don’t have to see ANY of his shots

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or why not get with the times and watch on the app where if you don’t want to see tiger you don’t have to see ANY of his shots
Because then he has nothing to moan about.
I watched all the golf yesterday and saw loads of different golfers,even shots from golfers that were 8 shots off the lead.

Sky do show more of Woods and the putter repeats certainly wind me up because no other player gets repeated.
However I look on the bright side golf is on and I can watch it.
Sky has just started and Rory was first on,should shut Phil up for 5 minutes.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Golf is bigger than one person - when Woods was winning week in week out he was rightly the centre of attraction , he was the best player on tour and he showed that with his performances.

Woods now is not the best player on tour - he hasn’t won a major for 11 years now - the sport moved on when he wasn’t around and multiple quality better players came through the ranks to show that golf can and should move on from focussing on just one player. People have and will switch off from golf coverage because of the flood and over hype of Woods - there are plenty of people are golf fans and not just Woods fans who want to see and hear about more than just Woods. Molinari for example is prob the hottest golfer on the planet right - he will be number one soon enough , yet nothing about him , gets forgotten about beyond the headlines of one person. None of this is Woods fault , in fact I think he has changed a lot over the past two years and I don’t mind watching him but the coverage needs to be balanced - it can’t be too one sided towards Woods - that is disrespectful towards other players.

People always say - well watch something else , that shouldn’t be the answer , people want to watch golf but they don’t just want to watch the Tiger Woods shows

And I don’t know what a “real golf fan” is ? Strange question

Its something you keep bleating on about......You make out the massive following of Tiger's are fairweather fans. So I ask you, what makes a "golf" fan? Do you need to play golf to become a "golf" fan or be knowledgeable of the game/history to be a "golf" fan? I'm confused. :unsure: To me, regardless if you play or not. If you watch the game week in week out, I consider that a fan of "golf"

To put it simply, these multiple quality better players do not attract the "money".

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Imagine the coverage/hype if Tiger holed those 3 short ones.
Love the Masters and the way this is poised. Happy to see TW or a few others win, I just hope it doesn't become the TW show if he's in contention on Sunday.