Masters 2019

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably not to their friends and family!! 😂

They're probably the only people happy with the choice :LOL: I'm happy to see Poults featured, but always hate watching the other 2 play. They're boring, polarising characters and both half way down the leaderboard. Would rather have seen DJ, DeChambeau and JDay, or even Molinari, RCB and Hatton personally. I'm just glad it's Poulter making up the 3-ball and not Webb Simpson or Patrick Reed. Then I don't think I'd bother watching.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This Featured Groups stream is a joke surely? How the absolute feck are they not covering the 2 leaders? 😂😂😂

predecided who they show

Most the Masters coverage is a farce.

Should just give us regular coverage for the full thing. Treat paying TV customers like junk

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not bothering with featured groups today just following who I want via the app

Oh dear brooks

Great start to go -7 but on 2 he’s in the trees.. doesn’t take his meds so ends up on green in 5.. looking at least a 7 on a par 5 for a pro like him that’s got to feel like a triple

D

Deleted member 1147

I’m watching Amen Corner, on red button, it’s great.
Just watched Fitzpatrick play it 3 under.🥳

I’m a big fan of Mark Immelmann on commentary 👍

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
ZJ hitting the tee marker with his practice swing on 12 made the Featured Group worthwhile. God damn that was funny.

Double bogey for DeChambeau. Birdie for Poulter and Ian Poulter is solo leader at The Masters.

D

Deleted member 15344

ZJ hitting the tee marker with his practice swing on 12 made the Featured Group worthwhile. God damn that was funny

Double bogey for DeChambeau. Birdie for Poulter and Ian Poulter is solo leader at The Masters.

Listening to far too much Yank commentary 😂

Leaderboard looks nice with two Europeans at the top.

D

Deleted member 1147

If I was him I’d be looking to go work on my driving.... most his bad scoring holes he was in poor position off the tee
Worst putter in the field, no putts from 5 to 20 feet.

Yeah it was his driving that caused problems 🤫

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Worst putter in the field, no putts from 5 to 20 feet.

Yeah it was his driving that caused problems 🤫

Rory’s putting round one 1.78 per hole with no 3 putts .. The field was 1.65

However ...

- Rory McIlroy led the field in average driving distance (324.2 yards) but was T70 in driving accuracy after hitting only seven of his 14 fairways.

So yeah his driver let him down...

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Rory’s putting round one 1.78 per hole with no 3 putts .. The field was 1.65

However ...

- Rory McIlroy led the field in average driving distance (324.2 yards) but was T70 in driving accuracy after hitting only seven of his 14 fairways.

So yeah his driver let him down...
Strokes gained has shown recently that distance tends to override accuracy in regards to its importance.

Going by the putting figures quoted, he lost 2 shots to the field based due to putting. So putting can be seen to have had an effect.

I didn’t see all of his round. But of the 7 fairways he missed, how often did he chip out or have a blocked shot?

D

Deleted member 1147

Putts per hole means nothing pal.
Per green in reg means something, getting up and down means something.

He holed nothing and that meant he couldn’t save par, hence 6 bogeys.
Everyone misses fairways and greens. The mark is whether you can save par.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It can be influenced by how far you miss the fairway...
That can put more pressure on the iron game which can leave you further from the hole than you'd like.
Leaving longer first putts reduces the likelihood of hoping them.
So, although he didn't hole much, it could be said tha his driving put him in positions where he struggled to hit his irons close enough.
Not saying that's the case exactly but it shows a problem with stats - you have to drill down to the core to find the real issue.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It can be influenced by how far you miss the fairway...
That can put more pressure on the iron game which can leave you further from the hole than you'd like.
Leaving longer first putts reduces the likelihood of hoping them.
So, although he didn't hole much, it could be said tha his driving put him in positions where he struggled to hit his irons close enough.
Not saying that's the case exactly but it shows a problem with stats - you have to drill down to the core to find the real issue.

Thank you Imurg. This is what I’m trying to get across