Masters 2019

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Am happy enough that DeChambeau came out on top yesterday. Not backed him to win overall, but had him down as a £5 free bet to cover his performance yesterday. Ricky Fowler also came good on a freebie. Just now need my main choices (Fleetwood, Molinari, Stenson) to pull up their socks & make their move.

Molinari is in a nice "quiet" position on the leaderboard. I've written Stenson off after one round.

😪

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just listened to an interview with him and he pretty much said similar to what you've written LP. He did say his issue with putts though was nothing to do with the greens or his stroke but that he was over reading them on the front 9 and tried to compensate for that on the back by under reading them, he finished the interview stating he was off to putting green to work on his pre putt routine and how he reads putts.

If I was him I’d be looking to go work on my driving.... most his bad scoring holes he was in poor position off the tee

Wolf

Visit site
If I was him I’d be looking to go work on my driving.... most his bad scoring holes he was in poor position off the tee
I don't disagree with you, I think all around his game wasn't on, driving had bad positions, iron play bad positions and poor reads on putts, but Mcilroy seems confident in all of it except the reads.

Don't see him contending this week and don't really see him ever winning a green jacket but I may be wrong

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't disagree with you, I think all around his game wasn't on, driving had bad positions, iron play bad positions and poor reads on putts, but Mcilroy seems confident in all of it except the reads.

Don't see him contending this week and don't really see him ever winning a green jacket but I may be wrong

I think his chance has gone for the masters personally

He blew it a few years back when leading. Since then it seems a mental block for him

Not questioning his talent. His length off tee should make Augusta simple for him. Also a natural drawer of the ball.. perfect for the place

Just that mental block seems to stop him. Whilst it’s been this long it’s going to get harder and harder every year

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't think I've ever seen a player hole as many from off the green as BDC.
This struck me as well.
Which is ironic considering that everyone thought the biggest issue with single length clubs would be around the greens.
He seems to use chip and runs more than other pros.

D

Deleted member 1147

It's a well known weakness in his game - one of the poorer drivers on tour...:unsure::sneaky::rolleyes:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good to see one of my picks De Chambeau up there and enjoyed his meeting with Feherty shown earlier. Plenty of those still in the mix, with the likes of Tiger nicely placed. Was very surprised how poorly Rose seemed to play and you could sense McIlroy getting frustrated. He really needs a good round to morrow to move into contention over the weekend. I wonder how much this "grand slam" monkey is beginning to weigh heavy. I hope he can win, but don't see it being in 2019

D

Deleted member 1147

They're underway again :):cool:... per my Met office weather app, looks like it may rain all day, could make things interesting :unsure:

What do we reckon the low score of the day will be?

and what about the cut mark?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
They're underway again :):cool:... per my Met office weather app, looks like it may rain all day, could make things interesting :unsure:

What do we reckon the low score of the day will be?

and what about the cut mark?
Do you know what they cut to - top 60? Is there still a 10 shot rule?

D

Deleted member 1147

I'm going to go for a 65 as low score today and a cut of +1.

D

Deleted member 1418

I think they should postpone today's play - cannot have dark clouds, rain and umbrellas spoiling the picture perfect course and coverage!!

And really not fair making those professionals play in sweaters and waterproofs.......!!! 😂😂

D

Deleted member 1418

I think they should postpone today's play - cannot have dark clouds, rain and umbrellas spoiling the picture perfect course and coverage!!

And really not fair making those professionals play in sweaters and waterproofs.......!!! 😂😂

Ah it's ok - it's stopped raining; what a relief!!!

D

Deleted member 1147

Poulter, ZJ and Kuchar has to go down as one of the least popular "Featured Groups" of all-time.
A past champion, a guy starting the day 2 off the lead & every caddies favourite player?

Seems like a good group to me(y)