Masters 2019

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I love the Masters and don't care what goes on outside the ropes as I purely only want to see the best take this brutal beauty on. This tournament brings nostalgia with it for me and I will never forget as a child being allowed to stay up late until every blow was struck.

I would imagine if you asked the most avid golfers if they could play any course in the world which would it be? I am pretty certain Augusta would top the list.

I’d imagine if you asked the average TV watching golfer it might be near the top, even the top. I’d wager if you asked people who study golf or courses in a bit greater depth there’d be a few that beat it; Pine Valley and Cypress Point for two.

D

Deleted member 18588

I’d imagine if you asked the average TV watching golfer it might be near the top, even the top. I’d wager if you asked people who study golf or courses in a bit greater depth there’d be a few that beat it; Pine Valley and Cypress Point for two.

One thing they all have in common.

Exclusivity!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bryson finish just lost me £250.

Got brooks £20 @ 25/1 but betway paying out if leading after any round

Still made £250 with chance to double up rest of tourney. But what heartbreak

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Bryson finish just lost me £250.

Got brooks £20 @ 25/1 but betway paying out if leading after any round

Still made £250 with chance to double up rest of tourney. But what heartbreak
They’re not paying out until after Sunday I believe mate. So if brooks is outright leader either tomorrow or Saturday then you’d get full payment too.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Have you ever heard of Golf Monthly magazine?
I believe they run an online forum.

Well, he works for them!
Nice chap...I played with him at Hankley Common, in the 2017 Help For Heroes.

Certainly doesn't make his opinion any better or more valid than anyone else. Forum is for opinions.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
? Did you even sit back and think before smashing away on your keyboard.
He is golf journalist who writes and works for Golf Monthly - the magazine that run this forum that you use .

It’s an article that has also highlighted the same issues others have mentioned on here.

I would expect people to at least allow respectfully to have an opinion even if it does differ from others

You don’t “have” to be interested in his opinion , if that’s the case then scroll on by

Does writing for a two bob golf magazine make your opinion any better? We can all have opinions regardless of our jobs and "journalism" credentials.

I could link you to an article about Paul Lawrie and his "amazing" Augusta experience, won't make you change your mind and it won't make my opinion any more valid than anyone else.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems like I missed some very good golf after falling asleep last night. All the talk about Koepka losing his game after losing a bit of weight seems to have back-fired, and the pick of quite a few people - Bryson DeChambeau with a very solid start. Nice leaderboard with Koepka, DeChambeau, DJ, Mickelson, Scott, Rahm, TW, Fowler, Molinari and JDay all up there. Disappointing start for Rose, Spieth and to a lesser extent McIlroy, they need a big Friday today if they're going to have a chance.

Last 13 Masters have been won by someone in the Top 10 after Day 1- so if that pattern continues your Masters winner will be one of the following:

DeChambeau
Koepka
Mickelson
Poulter
DJ
Harding
Scott
Rahm
Kisner
Aphibarnrat

Some fun potential winners in there - Aphibarnrat would be great fun. I'm still going for TW to break the pattern.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Seems like I missed some very good golf after falling asleep last night. All the talk about Koepka losing his game after losing a bit of weight seems to have back-fired, and the pick of quite a few people - Bryson DeChambeau with a very solid start. Nice leaderboard with Koepka, DeChambeau, DJ, Mickelson, Scott, Rahm, TW, Fowler, Molinari and JDay all up there. Disappointing start for Rose, Spieth and to a lesser extent McIlroy, they need a big Friday today if they're going to have a chance.

Last 13 Masters have been won by someone in the Top 10 after Day 1- so if that pattern continues your Masters winner will be one of the following:

DeChambeau
Koepka
Mickelson
Poulter
DJ
Harding
Scott
Rahm
Kisner
Aphibarnrat

Some fun potential winners in there - Aphibarnrat would be great fun. I'm still going for TW to break the pattern.
Aphibarnrat is a Thai StuC so I’m going to back him

D

Deleted member 15344

Does writing for a two bob golf magazine make your opinion any better? We can all have opinions regardless of our jobs and "journalism" credentials.

I could link you to an article about Paul Lawrie and his "amazing" Augusta experience, won't make you change your mind and it won't make my opinion any more valid than anyone else.

Where does it say or in fact where does anyone say that his opinion is better or anyone else’s opinion any less valid ?

Why do people have to feel the need to get a scale of each person’s opinion.

No one has said that you must agree with him because he is golf journalist

It seems at times people just can’t accept the right for others to have an opinion and actually look at going at the person as opposed to debating the opinion itself - a guy writes for a golf magazine - the response is to attack the magazine ?!

It’s not rocket science is it - some want the viewing of The Masters to be better , some want the field to be wider - that’s just an opinion and one so far especially the viewing hasn’t actually come and countered with a reason why the coverage should continue to be restricted - the normal response so far has been - Don’t watch or it’s never going to change ?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Where does it say or in fact where does anyone say that his opinion is better or anyone else’s opinion any less valid ?

Why do people have to feel the need to get a scale of each person’s opinion.

No one has said that you must agree with him because he is golf journalist

It seems at times people just can’t accept the right for others to have an opinion and actually look at going at the person as opposed to debating the opinion itself - a guy writes for a golf magazine - the response is to attack the magazine ?!

It’s not rocket science is it - some want the viewing of The Masters to be better , some want the field to be wider - that’s just an opinion and one so far especially the viewing hasn’t actually come and countered with a reason why the coverage should continue to be restricted - the normal response so far has been - Don’t watch or it’s never going to change ?

I think you should apply your own logic to yourself.