Masters 2019

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Not following this, maybe what you posted wasn't what you meant.

Laura Davies
Local Pro
Me
🙂😉

OK Laura Davies excused, but then that applies to all the other majors too.

But any male can play the Masters - just meet the qualifying criteria and wait for the 'invite'

D

Deleted member 15344

There's no video on the site if you're outside the US. I've just set my VPN to Atlanta and it now picks up the live stream.

The red button is good , the sound is a bit out and they jump around a bit but using the track thing to see how others are doing. Yoj
I was playing Devils Advocate more than anything. I don't really think the Open should be reduced.

IMO there's a place for both Opens as majors, just as there is place for The Masters with a more limited field of the very best quality. I don't really agree with the USPGA, would rather see it replaced with a moving International major but thats just my opinion.

I agree on the part of the USPGA and moving it about

In regards the entry into the Masters - I have no issue with the top 50 - would move it to the top 70 maybe but what I find wrong is players who win on the PGA tour but are outside the rankings are entered but not on other tours - ie Conners won in Texas last week and gained entry - imo they should be “inviting” the winners of events on the ET and Sunshine tour as well and that would extend the amount up to say 120 roughly.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Big Cat finishes the front 9 at -1. Should really have been better, the putter has been very cold so far, missed a couple of great chances.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Amen corner and featured groups also on sky’s YouTube. Just need to google em.

Tbh, the shot thing on the masters app is superb. The fact it is slightly time delayed doesn’t bother me in the slightest. If we got what some wanted and could see everything. Let’s say all 70 go round in 70 shots. 4900 shots. With other discussions on here covering slow rounds it seems that 20 seconds per shot is fair. So now we need to show 98000 seconds of coverage. Or more realistically 27 hours of footage. Per day.....

Quite simply with tv coverage you’ll never please everyone. But for me, the showing of every shot you want to watch on a time delay should mean everyone can see everything they could possibly want too.

D

Deleted member 15344

Amen corner and featured groups also on sky’s YouTube. Just need to google em.

Tbh, the shot thing on the masters app is superb. The fact it is slightly time delayed doesn’t bother me in the slightest. If we got what some wanted and could see everything. Let’s say all 70 go round in 70 shots. 4900 shots. With other discussions on here covering slow rounds it seems that 20 seconds per shot is fair. So now we need to show 98000 seconds of coverage. Or more realistically 27 hours of footage. Per day.....

Quite simply with tv coverage you’ll never please everyone. But for me, the showing of every shot you want to watch on a time delay should mean everyone can see everything they could possibly want too.
Sorry but nothing beats watching the players live not knowing where the ball will go , what score will be made and on a tiny screen

It’s like watching a football match 5 mins after all the action , it’s a nicety but it’s not a substitute for live action , we are going to miss half the field playing today

There is no reason why we shouldn’t able to switch on the telly at 2 and watch live golf through till 12 - 6 hours of live golf is missed for no acceptable reason

App says Rory is 22ft from pin on 11 yet he has actually missed the green by about 5 yards

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hope nobody's got money on JDay. Being stretched out on the 2nd after having issues with his back again. Reportedly re-injured himself picking up his daughter before his round.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Sorry but nothing beats watching the players live not knowing where the ball will go , what score will be made and on a tiny screen

It’s like watching a football match 5 mins after all the action , it’s a nicety but it’s not a substitute for live action , we are going to miss half the field playing today

There is no reason why we shouldn’t able to switch on the telly at 2 and watch live golf through till 12 - 6 hours of live golf is missed for no acceptable reason

App says Rory is 22ft from pin on 11 yet he has actually missed the green by about 5 yards
I agree watching live is ideal. But as I showed. It isn’t phycially possible to watch every shot. So it’s a very good alternative. Even with 12 hours of live coverage you’d miss plenty. Granted in a Sunday it’s easier to predict where the interest will be, but first two days you’re quite simply not going to see all the action. Whether it’s agusta or the open.

As much as we’d all like more, it’s not going to happen.
One thing I have enjoyed is the complete lack of mash potato being screamed. At least one of their stuffy rules works well...

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This sky coverage is so bad

I am considering cancelling my contract

Just talking usual crap...Beem on Beem wtf was that

Red button is not HD, awful.

Why are they giving us this crap

D

Deleted member 15344

I agree watching live is ideal. But as I showed. It isn’t phycially possible to watch every shot. So it’s a very good alternative. Even with 12 hours of live coverage you’d miss plenty. Granted in a Sunday it’s easier to predict where the interest will be, but first two days you’re quite simply not going to see all the action. Whether it’s agusta or the open.

As much as we’d all like more, it’s not going to happen.
One thing I have enjoyed is the complete lack of mash potato being screamed. At least one of their stuffy rules works well...

I don’t think anyone has said we need to see every shot being played but just as with the Open and indeed any golf tournament once the groups getting going you just move around the groups and then swap to any great shots etc - just like your normal golf tournament production that we see week in week out and at the other majors. You will always miss something but if at least you have life golf being shown and something does happen they can swap too it. The OB truck has a picture from every single group - there should be nothing stopping those feeds being given to the broadcaster instead of waiting until 8 and missing so much golf.

And yes right now the lack of moronic shouts is good - hopefully it stays like that

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This sky coverage is so bad

I am considering cancelling my contract

Just talking usual crap...Beem on Beem wtf was that

Red button is not HD, awful.

Why are they giving us this crap

Been watching on the red button for 2 hours on Sky. Picture quality is superb, so no idea what your issue is. Probably your internet connection.

Hackers76

Visit site
Been watching on the red button for 2 hours on Sky. Picture quality is superb, so no idea what your issue is. Probably your internet connection.

no the red button is a far lesser quality than the proper coverage, always has been. Roll on the day we get 4K coverage.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
This has been a superb round of golf from Tiger so far. Been excellent off the tee, plotted his way around superbly and now starting to make the putts. Could easily be -5 here, great to watch. Keep it going TW!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
This has been a superb round of golf from Tiger so far. Been excellent off the tee, plotted his way around superbly and now starting to make the putts. Could easily be -5 here, great to watch. Keep it going TW!
Remain calm Dan. Can’t have you down to the viscounts so early on :LOL:

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
no the red button is a far lesser quality than the proper coverage, always has been. Roll on the day we get 4K coverage.

It might be, but i’m telling you the quality on the red button that I have been watching has been excellent quality. Clear as a bell