Dress codes

Burnsey

Visit site
Ah devil in the detail

That seems your standard dress code rule for socks

It’s socks up to the knee or your normal trainer sock

Still, why knee length in any colour other than white?

I'd look a right pillock in long socks and have never been pulled in branded ankle socks of any colour, not just white.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

I'd look a right pillock in long socks and have never been pulled in branded ankle socks of any colour, not just white.

Thought it said - knee length socks of any colour ?

“They should be accompanied by knee-length socks of any colour, or white socks which must be visible above the shoe line. Trainer liners are not permitted.”

And ankle socks are what some call trainer socks and not the trainer liners

Burnsey

Visit site
Thought it said - knee length socks of any colour ?

“They should be accompanied by knee-length socks of any colour, or white socks which must be visible above the shoe line. Trainer liners are not permitted.”

And ankle socks are what some call trainer socks and not the trainer liners

I read that as any colour knee length, or white ankle socks, but no trainer socks, which is fair enough.

Anyway, see if I get off the first tee with my branded blue ankle golf socks to match my outfit :giggle:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I read that as any colour knee length, or white ankle socks, but no trainer socks, which is fair enough.

Anyway, see if I get off the first tee with my branded blue ankle golf socks to match my outfit :giggle:

It’s all about the language I guess

These are trainer ankle socks and can be seen above the trainer

Don’t think you can get them in black because that’s against fashion laws 😁

D-S

Visit site
Blackwell is still knee length socks with shorts. Played it on one of the hottest days of the year last year. Really would have liked to play in shorts but seeing the members looking as they did with long socks I was glad I wore trousers.

How anyone thinks that anything but long socks with shorts is scruffy is beyond me, they, to my mind, look really stupid, but I wouldn't ban anyone from the course if it were their choice.

PaulMdj

Visit site
As I was walking off the 18th today our Captain and a member of the Comps Committee were asking 4 blokes to leave the Course, 3 were dressed in T’Shirts and beach/running type shorts, the other had cargo shorts and a T’Shirt, all wearing trainers.

And 1 set of Clubs between them all, 1 had booked online and brought his mates.😵‍💫

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
??? This news is quite shocking. I have an image of you that is approximately John Laurie in full kilt ensemble!😉😉

I saw a chap at Saunton on Friday, shirt untucked and I'm not sure if anyone got hurt!🤣🤣

Was he wearing a safety harness. Untucked shirt without a harness will have Health & Safety after him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

It's hilarious the clubs still have nonsense like this in their dress codes. Who the hell wears knee length socks?? The only ones I have are football socks, and if I ever thought about putting them on to play golf I'd be off my head. Such a weird thing to have detailed rules about. 😂

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's hilarious the clubs still have nonsense like this in their dress codes. Who the hell wears knee length socks?? The only ones I have are football socks, and if I ever thought about putting them on to play golf I'd be off my head. Such a weird thing to have detailed rules about. 😂

H4H surely you have you to now, oh and tuck your shirt in 🙌🏻🤣

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
It's hilarious the clubs still have nonsense like this in their dress codes.Who the hell wears knee length socks?? The only ones I have are football socks, and if I ever thought about putting them on to play golf I'd be off my head. Such a weird thing to have detailed rules about. 😂

Members and visitors of some of the most historic , illustrious and best golf courses in the UK

Royal St George’s , Royal Cinque Ports and Rye to name 3

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Members and visitors of some of the most historic , illustrious and best golf courses in the UK

Royal St George’s , Royal Cinque Ports and Rye to name 3
I'm talking about the more standard clubs who have bits that say "you can wear short white socks or knee length socks of any colour". Who the hell is reading that and saying "yeah I'll take the knee-length in orange please, thanks very much". 😂 Just take that bit out. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I'm talking about the more standard clubs who have bits that say "you can wear short white socks or knee length socks of any colour". Who the hell is reading that and saying "yeah I'll take the knee-length in orange please, thanks very much". 😂 Just take that bit out. 🤦🏻‍♂️

We have a few older members that wear them still

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Long socks stop your legs getting scratched by gorse.
They do have a purpose though I don't particularly see that they need be compulsory.
I never wear shorts for golf though my legs are not a pretty sight.