Dress codes

D

Deleted member 29109

Members and visitors of some of the most historic , illustrious and best golf courses in the UK

Royal St George’s , Royal Cinque Ports and Rye to name 3
Apart from when the pros are playing practice rounds before the open!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Members and visitors of some of the most historic , illustrious and best golf courses in the UK

Ganton is another on that list although they've recently relented & now allow "Tailored golf shorts above the knee may be worn, preferably with knee length golf socks, although shorter length socks are also acceptable."
Phew..... as I'm there this Tues & Wed in EG Competitions & will hopefully be dining in the Bar areas where Jacket & tie are not required. ⛳ 🏌️‍♂️

D-S

Visit site

Having played all 3 many times, to claim Rye as one of the best courses in the UK is a bit of a stretch. Although I will accept that it has a historic dress code.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having played all 3 many times, to claim Rye as one of the best courses in the UK is a bit of a stretch. Although I will accept that it has a historic dress code.

The only reason I ever wanted to play rye was because we used to go camber every summer for a day at the beach. Walking over the dunes seeing the golfers tee off over the fence before the big dune.

Then I saw just how ridiculous the process is to get a round there and the dress code and thought meh sod that

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, you have to ring up and book 🤣🤣🤣

Seemed simple enough😉

I more mean

"When meeting before play, golfing attire may be worn in either bar. For gentlemen, a jacket and tie or roll neck is mandatory after 11.00 a.m. in either bar. In the Dining Room, gentlemen must wear jacket and tie."

"All play is in two ball format with foursomes preferred, especially in the morning. No three or fourball golf is played. "

Nothing worse than needing a jacket after a round of golf on a hot day just to have a drink after your round

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In our club it's only permitted on Feb 29th if the sun is shining and it occurs on a Thursday.
It's part of the Constitution following the bit that conveys permission for a purple fleck in socks worn three inch below the knees of made from natural fibres.