Car Recommendations

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
My PP and his better half have downsized to a Focus hatchback from a old Citroen estate. They can get 2 trolleys in the boot and the clubs on the back seat with ease.

I’d think you’d struggle to fit any trolley and bag combo into a hatchback with ease.
720A53E1-D8CE-4CAA-A146-1C29CA206CCF.jpg
That’s a Fiesta with a motocaddy trolley and ping tour bag, woods on back seat.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm trying to avoid an SUV or estate and I realise it might be tricky, hence asking what folk have got. Doesn't have to be a hatchback. :)

The basic remit is one set of clubs and one trolley in the boot of the car - i.e obscured from outside view - without having to take any clubs out and devise a krypton factor style solution to make them fit. Preferably with room for a small holdall as well!

Seats down or anything on the back seat is a non-starter.

I can do it in my Leon but only with taking the driver out and laying it across the opposite diagonal from the bag, supporting the bag so it isn't weighing on the driver shaft. That's a pain in the ass I'd ideally like to avoid and even just a few more inches along the diagonal should be sufficient space.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My PP and his better half have downsized to a Focus hatchback from a old Citroen estate. They can get 2 trolleys in the boot and the clubs on the back seat with ease.

I’d think you’d struggle to fit any trolley and bag combo into a hatchback with ease.
View attachment 25161

no prob fitting a golfstream revolution trolley (not the smallest) and a H2NO trolley bag, plus holdall and other bits and room to spare in the Ceed boot

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm trying to avoid an SUV or estate and I realise it might be tricky, hence asking what folk have got. Doesn't have to be a hatchback. :)

The basic remit is one set of clubs and one trolley in the boot of the car - i.e obscured from outside view - without having to take any clubs out and devise a krypton factor style solution to make them fit. Preferably with room for a small holdall as well!

I can do it in my Leon but only with taking the driver out and laying it across the opposite diagonal from the bag, supporting the bag so it isn't weighing on the driver shaft. That's a pain in the ass I'd ideally like to avoid and even just a few more inches along the diagonal should be sufficient space.

I had a 12 plate C200 saloon Merc, and I could easily fit my electric trolley and clubs in the boot, with space for holdall’s Etc on top - all nicely hidden away.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

View attachment 25161

Honda Civic 59 reg

Fits my clubs (all time in the bag none of this removing rubbish)
A motocaddy m1
The battery for it
Shoes
Drinks
Overnight bag

I have even before fitted my push trolley aswell with its wheels off in when taking it along for my mate to use when he forgot his

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Honda Civic 59 reg

Fits my clubs (all time in the bag none of this removing rubbish)
A motocaddy m1
The battery for it
Shoes
Drinks
Overnight bag

I have even before fitted my push trolley aswell with its wheels off in when taking it along for my mate to use when he forgot his

Civic was getting recommended by folk this week, definitely one I'm going to look at.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site

I've got a Focus estate, or I should say that it's my wifes, but I use it for golf. I can get my cart bag, with driver in, Gokart plus battery, shoes and room for a holdall too, all in the boot under the parcel shelf out of sight.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Civic was getting recommended by folk this week, definitely one I'm going to look at.

I have 2 hondas

My 59 reg manual Civic gets the main use. To and from work (50 mile a day round trip) and any golf I play

The 18 plate hrv auto is the family car and the one the wife uses on her days off (part time)

Both have huge boots enough to fit the clubs for sure

Can’t wait for her to go away for the week so I can take the hrv to golf lol prefer driving the auto / higher driving position but she’s lost all confidence in manuals so I drive it lol

Great for little one tho she loves looking out the window on the journey when she’s awake

Plus the Civic is the bit basic now days. My phones my sat nav. Self installed dab, added parking sensors and camera

Hrv is fully loaded a joy to drive

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got a civic, bag goes in diagonally, gokart lays on top. Room in the corners for battery bags etc.

Parcel shelf does lift a bit, guess it's just the way the gokart is.

what civic do you have spongebob? mine goes accross the front so that the bag is normal ways but the driver etc sit behind the wheel arches.. ie if you open the boot its the first thing you come to is the clubs

Hondas are all suppose to fit clubs in like this as part of their design I was told

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got a civic, bag goes in diagonally, gokart lays on top. Room in the corners for battery bags etc.

Parcel shelf does lift a bit, guess it's just the way the gokart is.
When I was looking round for mine, that’s how I loaded the boot up in the showroom. My Mazda3 loads the same way.

Isn’t it odd how we all sing the praises of our own cars, even if they aren’t what the OP is looking for, as if to show what good judges we are.
Dont buy a Mazda3. You won’t like it, they are quite rare, and we want to keep it that way:)

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
what civic do you have spongebob? mine goes accross the front so that the bag is normal ways but the driver etc sit behind the wheel arches.. ie if you open the boot its the first thing you come to is the clubs

Hondas are all suppose to fit clubs in like this as part of their design I was told

14 plate SE plus

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Checked mine, it's the model with the built in subwoofer, so my bag has to go in diagonally

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One thing many overlook, is that many new cars dont come with a spare wheel, so freeing up boot space.
Fortunately mine takes my gear even with the spare wheel I got after buying the car:)