Beau Desert April 14th 2014

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hopefully get there between 10 and 10:30 - traffic dependant.. A few quick hello's followed by a few swishes and chips then off to the first to watch the last few groups get away...:thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'll be dropping the missus at work at about 8.15 then straight up to the course, so about 9.30 for me. Plenty of time to perfect my driving at the range before duffing my first tee shot 50 yards down the fairway.

Anybody who lives in the area or on my route who needs a lift then let me know.

If you duff your first, your taking 3 off the tee :smirk:

Beau1.jpg

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Where's the famous timgolfy clip when you need it :rofl:

Pedro what time you picking me up chief?

Erm going straight out after the city game, so will be tender in the morning - how are you fixed for jockeying to Junior's?

I think if we leave Juniors at 9.15-30, we should get there for about 10.30 ish. Pick me up at 8.15 ish?

If a problem let me know.

D

Deleted member 1740

Erm going straight out after the city game, so will be tender in the morning - how are you fixed for jockeying to Junior's?

I think if we leave Juniors at 9.15-30, we should get there for about 10.30 ish. Pick me up at 8.15 ish?

If a problem let me know.

That's sound mate, will we all fit in junior's car (I seem to remember he's got a nice little sporty thing) with 2 lardarse's like us I doubt it.

Leaving at 815 maybe a bit dodgy as we''ll have to negotiate the M6 at its busiest, what you think?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
It'll be a squeeze fellas and will have to drop the seats but should get in. BD is about 1hr 20 from mine and were going m6 in rush hour. You boys also have to get through the thelwall viaduct roadworks which are a nightmare (1 hour delays between J24 and J20 today)

Im thinking leave mine at 0830? I dont want to be rushing my bacon butty and i fancy loosening up on the range before hand.

D

Deleted member 1740

It'll be a squeeze fellas and will have to drop the seats but should get in. BD is about 1hr 20 from mine and were going m6 in rush hour. You boys also have to get through the thelwall viaduct roadworks which are a nightmare (1 hour delays between J24 and J20 today)

Im thinking leave mine at 0830? I dont want to be rushing my bacon butty and i fancy loosening up on the range before hand.

No worries mate I don't mind going in my van though I'll see if I can borrow my tarts car 1st. Either way we'll be at yours for about 8:15, I'll get Pedro at 7:15.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
No worries mate I don't mind going in my van though I'll see if I can borrow my tarts car 1st. Either way we'll be at yours for about 8:15, I'll get Pedro at 7:15.

Nice one mate. I dont mind driving bud, as long as you and pedro are carrying we should be fine.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am going there sunday to have a practice round , I have got a B & B at Coventry for £29.50 , I will check out pin positions and the course ready for the next day ................................EYG

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I am going there sunday to have a practice round , I have got a B & B at Coventry for £29.50 , I will check out pin positions and the course ready for the next day ................................EYG

Pins are changed early every morning :ears:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Robin, can't rememeber if you said which tee we're off I assume the yellows?

Am I being too conservative by saying I'd only hit driver on 6 holes. Possibly another 5 holes if driver is going ok.

When visiting I've only been allowed off the yellows, which will be test enough for most, I've played off the whites in a comp and the tee boxes are even tighter, sat well back into the tree's on some holes so I would suggest the yellows anyway even if I was given a choice, lets enjoy it, not get beaten up by it :smirk:

If I remember rightly the drives will mainly suit a slight fade other than the 5th on the front and the 13th on the back, if we went off the whites the whole tee angles change and the course suits a draw and with some you have to be dead straight to emerge from the trees off the tees :smirk:

My only advice will be, get off the tee well and save your shots for the greens, their will be a lot of 3 putts and more on the day :eek:

D

Deleted member 17920

My only advice will be, get off the tee well and save your shots for the greens, their will be a lot of 3 putts and more on the day :eek:
Those greens are the trickiest I have ever played, You see the put in your head going one way and the reality is that it goes the other way :confused:, I was speaking with some members from BD the other day and they say the home advantage for team matches is just brilliant

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When visiting I've only been allowed off the yellows, which will be test enough for most, I've played off the whites in a comp and the tee boxes are even tighter, sat well back into the tree's on some holes so I would suggest the yellows anyway even if I was given a choice, lets enjoy it, not get beaten up by it :smirk:

If I remember rightly the drives will mainly suit a slight fade other than the 5th on the front and the 13th on the back, if we went off the whites the whole tee angles change and the course suits a draw and with some you have to be dead straight to emerge from the trees off the tees :smirk:

As I draw the ball , can we play off the whites then ..............................EYG

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If you have any digital cameras or decent phone camera's, please bring them and take as many pictures as possible, even if their only of your playing group before or after, I want to build a great review afterwards :thup:

Its getting closer banana.gif