Beau Desert April 14th 2014

D

Deleted member 1740

Yep, I've been a bit grumpy today Stu knowing what I was missing out on. Boilers in fleetwood can't really compare to a game at beau desert in the sun :D

Those greens are nuts aren't they. Land in the wrong spot and you've no chance of a 2 putt.

There were times when I was in the right area but just couldn't sink anything, i had 1 2 putt 3 lipouts and the rest 3&4 putts madness. I need to go back just to get revenge on them. Thoroughly enjoyed it though mate.

mexicomark

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks to Fish for organising a great days golf.

Well played to Steve who had a bad front 9 and scored 15 points! Wish my bad 9s were that good! Liverbirdie, I'm convinced you had that LFC hat on for show not for the weather! :rolleyes: Paul, shot of the day for me was the fairway bunker shot you put to 10ft.

Fantastic course, never played on greens like that before. Not sure I want to again at the moment! Every putt was scary!

Was good to meet all of you, and hope to see you at another event soon.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok, firstly, and most importantly, BIG thanks to Robin for organizing this meet today. A well run meet on a fantastic course in beautiful weather.. What more could you want?

Secondly, thanks to my playing partners today. Midnight and Upsidedown were fantastic company and many laughs were had on the course (most at my putting tbh). Ben is a very good 6'capper and really showed his class today. Guy is definitely improving and will be a force to be reckoned with soon..

I played well off the tee, hitting most fairways or first cuts, but my iron play left me too much to do on the greens. For some reason, I just wasn't getting my usual distances. I did finish on a high though with a 240yd 3 Wood into the heart of the 18th Green. Just about my best shot of the day..

Robin, next time you organize a meet, I'll do my absolute best to be there...:thup:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Thanks to Robin for organising a fantastic day, good to meet some new faces as well as some old ones. Course was very good considering the winter we've had and the weather was spot on. Thanks also to my playing partners, Robin, Kevin & Dave for putting up with the rubbish I played today. Got away with it on the front nine but got seriously caught out on the back. I have hopefully sent the photos to Robin, but where computers are concerned I am the man who put the TW in front of IT, Robin, let me know if you need them as attachments & I'll borrow a passing 5 year old to point out what I'm doing wrong.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Firstly thanks to my playing partners Richard, Kevin & Dave, all 3 I'd not played with before which are what these meets are all about and the company was excellent, even though Dave had to come over to me and tell me to settle down after I was getting angry, hacking it and zigzagging in and out of trees down the 12th :eek:

Beau Desert Golf Club are excellent hosts and made my day and its organising much easier for me, an excellent course, especially considering the late work they are having to do due to some shocking weather over the winter and heavy rains even only a few days before. If you like Heathland courses and large fast undulating greens, this is the place for you! I enjoyed the meal and the service was friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

Thank you to everyone who travelled far and wide to make the event what it was, unfortunately I never got to warm up on the range waiting for a few late arrivals but I mullered my 1st drive right up the fairway leaving a wedge in for a par on the 1st and put my Frilford Heath divot and 2 off the tee behind me :thup:

There were some excellent tales to tell and some of the scores were very surprising, none of my group managed to put an entry on the nearest the pin card as none of us hit the tricky 3rd green in the early sun but cold windy start, although a nice up & down still secured my par :smirk:

I blew hot & cold with decent drives early doors right down the fairways only leaking a couple but went for some silly 2nd shots pin hunting and found myself either wide of the mark in trouble or going through the green! My biggest disappointment but also surprise was on the 13th, driver down the fairway left me 239yds to the pin, 7w was selected to hit the front of the green and hopefully roll to the back and I flushed it and flew the green! I've never hit that club so well but if you didn't get on the green quickly enough you ran out of the amount of stabs you needed to get the bloody thing in the hole and it cost me a blob :eek:

Thought I had the longest drive nailed with 269yds up hill and into the wind (forum length) bang in the centre of the fairway only to find out Junior behind me crept in front and got his clippers out to widen the fairway to make it count :whistle:

I'm sure many more stories will surface as it was a great day amongst a great bunch of like minded people who I would happily travel and play with again anywhere :thup:

Scores on the doors:

1st/ Wrighty1874 (10) 36
2nd/ Stephen (15) 35
3rd/ Upsidedown (6) 32

MetalMickie (20) 29
GlynnTaylor (24) 29
Liverbirdie (6) 28 "Spot Prize"
MexicoMark (18) 28 "Nearest the Pin"
Badger57 (14) 27 "Spot Prize"
Fish (20) 27
BlueinMunich (8) 27
Bluewolf (6) 26 "Spot Prize"
JCW (6) 26
Kevin (16) 25
Junior (8) 23 "Longest Drive"
Stu_C (16) 23 "Spot Prize"
Ping (26) 22 "Spot Prize"
Midnight (20) 21
SweatySock41 (14) 21
Paperboy (15) 18 "Wooden Spoon"

A total of 70 blobs were achieved on 19 cards :eek:

Stu sp.jpgB1.jpgB2.jpgB3.jpgB4.jpgB5.jpgB6.jpgB7.jpgB8.jpgB9.jpgB10.jpgB11.jpgB12.jpgB13.jpgBeau1.jpgBeau2.jpgBen 3rd.jpgDanny sp.jpgFish1.jpgFish2.jpgJunior LD.jpgMark NP.jpgNick 1st.jpgPete SP.jpgPing.jpgSimon ws.jpgStephen 2nd.jpg

Thank you Richard for taking the pictures ;)

I'll look into making this an annual event :thup:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 18588

Just wanted to add my thanks to Robin for organising such a terrific day. Course, weather and company were all fantastic just a shame about some of the golf.

Junior (Andy); I never thought I would feel sorry for a Man U fan but you did suffer at the hands of the rampant Scousers. Give me a call if you are down at CAT and fancy a few holes or a pint, or both!

Stuart_C (Stuey); I have met very few people who enjoy lifeas much as you and that enthusiasm is infectious. Would be delighted to play golf with you again mate, anytime, anywhere.

Wrighty1874 (Nick); Top shooting! 36 points on those greens is equivalent to 40-41 at most other places. I hope the new driver behaves itself. Have sent you a PM about our game at Kirby.

Days like yesterday almost make some of the negativity on here bearable and I may take JCW's advice and not let the b******s get to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought I had the longest drive nailed with 269yds up hill and into the wind (forum length) bang in the centre of the fairway only to find out Junior behind me crept in front and got his clippers out to widen the fairway to make it count :whistle:

Always knew carrying around those scissors around would come in handy ;) ;)

TBH I did seek independant adjudication :) :)

Off to practise my putting now !! Thanks again for organising a top day Robin !!

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry for late reply work got in the way.

Well what can I see , what a fantastic day , made all the better by my 2 playing partners Bluewolf and Upside down , they made me feel at ease even with my crap h/c and swing. It was also good to see them play some very good golf on some of the holes.
Will- Thanks for the lift.
Robin- Cheers for organising it mate
Simon- Cheers for finishing below me and showing me why you should not wear a cardigan.:D

The course was in my opinion amazing , I really enjoyed , the greens were so hard to read. It made you realise how important it was to have a decent game from 80 in, unfortunately I don't have any game from this distance:D

Look forward to the next meet and hope this one can become a annual one.

beau d.

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Smashing to see you all had a good day and enjoyed the course. It was obviously very well organised. It always makes any member proud when other golfers enjoy their course...... Don't worry about the three puts lads that's Beau's main defence (that is until the heather grows again after being cut down during the winter) I have been a member 4 years now and they still beat me up (4 putted 15 yesterday from 15ft!) but sorry to say they get a lot quicker than that in a few weeks. So glad you all had a good day, hope to join you all some time in the near future ;)......

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How much is it to [play as a guest? Wouldn't mind playing it again.
Smashing to see you all had a good day and enjoyed the course. It was obviously very well organised. It always makes any member proud when other golfers enjoy their course...... Don't worry about the three puts lads that's Beau's main defence (that is until the heather grows again after being cut down during the winter) I have been a member 4 years now and they still beat me up (4 putted 15 yesterday from 15ft!) but sorry to say they get a lot quicker than that in a few weeks. So glad you all had a good day, hope to join you all some time in the near future ;)......

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

You've just gained 19 new friends, beau.:thup: