Wednesday 25th May (Day after Beau Desert)

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've booked for Monday and Tuesday night and i'm staying in the travelodge in Tamworth. £19 per night too , top deal.

I'm defo up for a round on the Wednesday morning but for me it would have to be on the east side of Birmingham to give me the best chance of getting back to Norwich that day.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like a nice tree lined course Smiffy. Pictures look good and as far as I can tell its only £35 per round. 6500'ish yards par 72 sounds like a nice relaxing round with a few mates , good find.

I'm game as it looks in a good spot for getting away on to the A14.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Have seen that one before. Some of the lads from the Golf Magic site are playing there later in the year. I didn't put my name down for it because I've heard it's a bit "open" and being fairly new littered with staked trees, marker posts and "non-golfers"....
Personally I prefer older, more established courses but will go with the flow..
Found a couple more that look quite nice and receive fairly good reviews...

http://www.uk-golfguide.com/copt-heath-golf-club

http://www.shirleygolfclub.co.uk/pages.php/index.html

This one also looks very nice and appears to be £35.00 a round

http://www.fulfordheathgolfclub.co.uk/

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm happy to go with the flow.

I hadn't heard much about West Midlands, but only suggested it for the fun that could have been the island hole!! :)

Only club I've played in that area is Widney Manor, which I wouldn't particularly recommend.

sweatysock41

Q-School Graduate
www.oakridgegolfclub.co.uk
As this is my neck of the woods thought I might give you some suggestions/comments.

West Midlands is OK for the money - very open with a lot of the wet stuff

Robin Hood is a better track and more of a thinking course - much tighter.

If you are looking for a track East of Birmingham then there are 3 I would recommend all are usually in good nick.

www.hearsallgolfclub.co.uk

www.nuneatongolfclub.co.uk

www.hinckleygolfclub.com

If you are coming back down the A5 both Nuneaton and Hinckley are easily accessible. Hearsall is on the south side of Coventry.

sweatysock41

Q-School Graduate
www.oakridgegolfclub.co.uk

Of the 3 Shirley is the friendliest - Fulford Heat and Copt Heath are a little bit more 'select' - all good courses mind you - south/east Birmingham has a few really good courses - another to consider is Ladbrook Park - easy access to M42.

If you do play on the Wednesday and have an odd number I wouldn't mind joining you - beats working.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If you do play on the Wednesday and have an odd number I wouldn't mind joining you - beats working.

You would be more than welcome to join us.
Thanks for the links and for the information.
Based on what I've read and a couple of PM's from people, I think I'll try to book us on to Robin Hood. As Jammy says, it looks a nice course, and gets really good reviews on GolfGuide UK.
Hope that's ok?
I will give them a call over the coming few days to see if they can fit us in.
The accommodation I am at is just over 30 miles away so will aim for a tee off time around 10.30 or so, so that we don't have to leave too early and will miss "most" of the rush hour traffic.
Will let you know how I get on.
;)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Have just received a telephone call from the manager of the club, they can fit us in at 10.30 that morning but we are "between competitions" so he can only let us play as two or threeballs, not fourballs.
I'm perfectly OK with playing in 3's, and the green fee will be £40.00.
Everybody OK with that???