Wednesday 25th May (Day after Beau Desert)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Smiffy we're all gonna miss you but I hope things take a turn for the better , you're one of the good guys.

Thanks for the kind words Jammy.
36 around Beau would have killed me to be honest mate, I would have enjoyed the first round but would have just been a passenger for the second. And playing the following day would have been difficult for me.
I'm playing tomorrow in the Seniors Open at Blatchington (Seaford) East Sussex with Ray Taylor. I'm hoping that playing a course that I've played before, and played reasonably well, will see me right.
I just think Woodhall Spa saw me trying too hard, and you know what trying too hard does for your game don't you

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Smiffy we're all gonna miss you but I hope things take a turn for the better , you're one of the good guys.

Thanks for the kind words Jammy.
36 around Beau would have killed me to be honest mate, I would have enjoyed the first round but would have just been a passenger for the second. And playing the following day would have been difficult for me.
I'm playing tomorrow in the Seniors Open at Blatchington (Seaford) East Sussex with Ray Taylor. I'm hoping that playing a course that I've played before, and played reasonably well, will see me right.
I just think Woodhall Spa saw me trying too hard, and you know what trying too hard does for your game don't you

I sure do and I can totally sympathise with you. I played a 36 hole foursomes on Sunday and my gammy ankle played merry hell with me the next day. So what do I do ? Go and play again today and I'm sitting here with horrible pains all up my shin (i've got 18 tomorrow too and i'm not looking forward to it).

I've got 2x 36 hole comps booked at Sheringham and Cromer this year and i'm going to cancel them in the morning. I'm not sure i'm going to be able to do the next days' rounds after Beau or Blackmoor.

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
so sorry to hear you are taking a step back to recupriate.
after sunday my legs were ready for a rest as well, so only play 9 at Tankersly on the way home.
sometimes you have to accept it and take a buggy.
hope fully you will be back and in full flow.
take care pal
hope your ready for september and the northern trip?

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone took this on after Smiffy pulled out so I wouldnt know if any tee times have been booked. I'm not fussed about playing in this , my legs will probs be needing a rest anyway and i've a good 4 hour drive to get home.

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think, from memory, Smiffy said the club said we could rock up and get on without booking.

I guess that means it's quite flexible, so those who want to play can, and those who can't make it can set off for home!!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm sure you'll get on somewhere but if you can't my place could be a last resort.

The tee is available up until about 8:40 at the moment.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think, from memory, Smiffy said the club said we could rock up and get on without booking.

Your right Smiffy said that the Pro said there would be no problem getting on.

Correct. Had I still been going, the plan was just to turn up there around 9.00am (maybe a bit earlier if some wanted to play 36) and just knock off when the pro said we could. He said that there wouldn't be a problem at all getting off on a Wednesday.