Beau Desert Opens

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Well I reckon I got rid of all my bad shots today, it's must be impossible for me to have any left, that's got to be my poorest front 9 ever, a slight redemption somehow scrambling 18 points on the back 9 for a grand total of 28 points, what a bag of poo 😳

Fish

Banned
Visit site
And two of those were when you trod on a rake....
:eek:

It was a crazy front 9, good drives putting myself almost in position A only then to pull the teeth out of my 2nd shots to small greens with OOB within a few feet of them, did it on the 3rd with a low punch shot and then the 6th with what should have been a comfortable approach in, I've never done that before, especially on those holes, for some reason I was just pulling everything left early in the round!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It was a crazy front 9, good drives putting myself almost in position A only then to pull the teeth out of my 2nd shots to small greens with OOB within a few feet of them, for some reason I was just pulling everything left early in the round!

I tend to do this if I choose the "smaller" club and decide to give it a bigger clout.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I tend to do this if I choose the "smaller" club and decide to give it a bigger clout.

That makes sense, my gaps have increased with all my irons since my last lesson and because of that, which is nice, a little bit of doubt has crept in over the ball, instead of trusting that club I suddenly think to myself, this isn't enough club and probably force it pulling it to the left.

Gotta slow it all down and trust the club, something to work on and put into practice ASAP, like today :smirk:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A most enjoyable round, I think we gelled well as teammates but not as golfers. :eek:

Beau Desert needs to be played with respect and when my tee shots started going anywhere but on the fairway I knew my contribution to the team score was going to suffer.
The course was in excellent shape and the greens were running very nicely.

The par threes hurt us badly, don't know what we scored but I'm sure Robin will be along soon to update.

Thanks Robin, Alex and Simon, a cracking day.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Just back from the long drive home, what can I say. It wasn't our day, or my year :p

Great course and company, too many thoughts in my head at the moment whilst stood over the ball. Doesn't make for good golf.

Thanks for organising Robin, very bold to have #YOTF printed on your balls :p
Also Alex and Nick great company as well. I still owe Beau Desert a right thrashing :eek:ne:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Great company with Nick, Alex & Simon, thank you guys, it could have been much tougher if we didn't have a laugh at ourselves (and each other) at times
:D.

Slowly and badly out the traps for me, took a couple of drives and hitting some of the plentiful woodwork to get going, scrambled well when I had to, even if it was just to stick a point on the card, unfortunately we just didn't dovetail well as a team, I got a nice birdie (4 pointer) only for a 1 pointer to join it, just lipped for another birdie when I nailed my drive close on 300 yards down the 6th fairway, OK I know it's downhill and there was a slight breeze, but I only had 105 yards left (395yd par4) :D

Nothing special on the front 9, we kept recording 3 points, then 4 points down the card to turn 1 over par, got off to a stinking back 9 with a 1 pointer, then 2 points, none of us played the par 3's well, they were the undoing of us and we only recorded 29 points on the back :eek:

I think we finished with a dismal 64 points, so 6 over, BUT, I finished with the same ball I started with, you just gotta find a positive out of all that :smirk:

5.jpg

Pictures from the day..

12.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5th.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg

The greens were nothing like had been muted, they were only as fast as my own course, and to be fair, I think we all putted very well on them, obviously if you found yourself above the hole it was tough!

I really like the course, I think I'll sort out another meet like I did a couple of years back, it's tough but fair IMO, but you've got to find the fairways.

Thanks everyone, it was emotional :smirk:

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Loved it. I would like to play it every week. Great elevations, love the swales round the greens. The last hole is great. Hard but fair and there is a score to be had so it's not a brut.

Some good some bad golf. Thank you Robin, Simon and Nick.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The par threes hurt us badly, don't know what we scored but I'm sure Robin will be along soon to update

I know....

I think we finished with a dismal 64 points

Close :whistle:

Another bad day for me. I don't think I'm thinking straight at the moment, but right now I don't want to set foot on a golf course again anytime soon.

Shame I have 4 games in the next 6 days.