Beau Desert April 14th 2014

D

Deleted member 1740

Did you boys get good weather?

It was cracking around here - best day of the year so far...

Alright Dave, Yes the weather was great mate though it was a bit cool when we teed off but by the 8th tee the sweater had to come off.

Cracking day all round except my putting!! Grrrrr

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers for organising a top day Robin and congrats to Wrighty for winning !!!

Love BD, one of my faves and a true hidden gem. Course was superb but unfortunately my putting was not.

DSC_0312_zps22374e9f.jpg

DSC_0314_zpsf9014daa.jpg

DSC_0315_zps2d42e322.jpg

DSC_0318_zps06c7e1dd.jpg

DSC_0321_zps1eb836a9.jpg

DSC_0319_zps5404e0d1.jpg

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great day, can't believe I've never heard of the course until I met Robin (Fish). Definitely will be playing it again. Never played on such big greens. Enjoyed meeting up with a few old faces and new ones, who I had the pleasure of going around with, Stu and Andy. Glad Dick made it all the way round this time, in far better climes. Looking forward to giving the X Hot an outing on Thursday evening. Hope your ok for a week Friday Dick at your place.

Finally, well done Robin on organising a fantastic venue, with friendly bar staff and lovely grub.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Who was in the bundu down the first? :D

I was played a hybrid for safety and knobbed it straight in. Couldn't even be bothered to look for it.

Thanks to Robin for organising a cracking day.

Thanks to Mal (Sweaty), Glyn and Will for the company. Just a shame my golf wasn't up to the course and FC's standards. I finished dead last, I had 9 going out and 9 coming back and 8 blobs. Just can't get it away off the tee.

I won a nice instructional DvD, I best get it on tomorrow to try and help my self out :p

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Timgolfy lives :D
View attachment 9949

Timgolfy - Were you playing a Srixon 2? If so, I found it whilst I was in the same bundu - mail me your address and I'll send it on. :)

I did make a 5 from there at least.:thup:

Top, top course - the 2nd best parkland course Ive played, narrowly behind St. Mellion. Unbelievably fast/roller coaster greens. Rookie error by me on the 9th tee, saying I haven't had a 3 putt so far. Cue 3 x 3 putts in the next 3 holes and 5 overall.

I missed a 2 1/2 foot putt for Birdie on SI 1, but played quite well tee to green. You could see someone having 50 putts on them greens, if they were struggling with the flatstick - honestly.

Thanks to my FC's, great score Steve. Great drive Mark (shame junior pipped you for longest drive, by taking scissors to the rough to turn it into fairway), great bunker shot Paul. Nice to also meet a few new faces (B.I.M.), and Badger (you ain't seen me - right);)

Good post game ceremony by Robin - if we can get this next year on a bank holiday - I'll be there like a shot.

BTW I heard StuC whispering to his FC's at the back of the 18th - I got my DMD out to see the yardage between him and me and he can still be heard 181 yards away (for future reference) - I was still on the 17th BTW. :D

Last edited:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fishy, thanks for organising the day it was great, a real gem of a track. Thanks to Wrighty and Metal Mickie for putting up with me for 18 holes 2 cracking fellas

Dont forget, I had to put up with you too.....especially all the talk about how great Liverpool are this season ;) ;) ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

Dont forget, I had to put up with you too.....especially all the talk about how great Liverpool are this season ;) ;) ;)

Sorry mate how could i forget Lord Wright of Lymm :rofl:

We discussed how rubbish Moyes is aswell!!

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Qwerty, you missed a cracker. the course was in cracking nick and the greens were lightening quick with 3&4 putts everywhere!!.

Yep, I've been a bit grumpy today Stu knowing what I was missing out on. Boilers in fleetwood can't really compare to a game at beau desert in the sun :D

Those greens are nuts aren't they. Land in the wrong spot and you've no chance of a 2 putt.