Money List Winner
Visit site
Re: Beau Desert Place Still Available

Sorted :)

The last place has been taken by 'Hooper'

I feel complete.

Who's going to be at McDonalds???

Great news!

I'll be there for 8(ish) wearing my trusty white Seattle Seahawks hat and no-so-lucky shirt.

I'm more excited than a kid at Christmas, which usually means I'll play like a bag of arse! Brilliant! :mad:

And to add insult to injury, I appear to have tweaked a muscle in my upper back/shoulder, nothing that ibuprofen shouldn't fix though :D

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone know what tees we're playing off?

Your first tee shot will be from the whites, and your second shot will be from the reds where you have nobbed the tee shot to :D

Is anybody taking a camera to video tim's first tee shot?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yellow.

For anyone that doesn't want to go to the trouble of making their own yardage book, they sell a very good strokesaver for £5.

I might buy one as a bit of memorabilia of the day. Haven't a clue how to read a yardage book, but it's cheaper than buying a polo shirt :D

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Yellow.

For anyone that doesn't want to go to the trouble of making their own yardage book, they sell a very good strokesaver for £5.

I might buy one as a bit of memorabilia of the day. Haven't a clue how to read a yardage book, but it's cheaper than buying a polo shirt :D

There's nothing complicated about them.

Here's a link to an online version of ours.
http://www.beedleslake.co.uk/content/files/2010102816210030000101/Beedles%20Lake%20GC.pdf

You'll have one colour writing or lines for driving distances, and another for distances to the (normally centre) green.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
AAAAAARGHHH!!!!

just had a call from American golf to say my new clubs have been shipped from Mizuno today and will be at AG in New Malden, Surrey tomorrow.
Why couldn't they come today?????? :(
Would have been really handy with the wind we are expecting.

I suppose it's only a 300 mile round trip to collect them on Tuesday night..........2 hrs 45 each way.....

Might have to take a detour and collect them on the way back from Robin Hood......

Going to Prague 1st thing Thursday so can't even try them out until Friday afternoon.............

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
AAAAAARGHHH!!!!

just had a call from American golf to say my new clubs have been shipped from Mizuno today and will be at AG in New Malden, Surrey tomorrow.
Why couldn't they come today?????? :(
Would have been really handy with the wind we are expecting.

I suppose it's only a 300 mile round trip to collect them on Tuesday night..........2 hrs 45 each way.....

Might have to take a detour and collect them on the way back from Robin Hood......

Going to Prague 1st thing Thursday so can't even try them out until Friday afternoon.............

That is less than ideal!

Is there no chance they can get them there for today? Not even if you ask them nicely? :p

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
just checked the eather - sunny, 12 degrees at 10 rising to 15 at 4, with 18mph normal wind and 40mph gusts!!!! Looking for a winning score in the mid 20s!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
will be at macd's for 8 (ish) or if no traffic 7am :)

my iphone maps better not fail me as I am being a tight arse and avoiding the m6 toll (7 miles more but save £4.50 lol)

took a sicky so in the process of ironing my gear and cleaning my clubs, can't wait

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
will be at macd's for 8 (ish) or if no traffic 7am :)

my iphone maps better not fail me as I am being a tight arse and avoiding the m6 toll (7 miles more but save £4.50 lol)

took a sicky so in the process of ironing my gear and cleaning my clubs, can't wait

Looks fairly straight forward to get to Maccies. Not sure what the M5/M6 interchange is like 1st thing in the morning, so will probably leave no later than half 6 to ensure I get there for 8.

H'Cap cert printed, just got 5 hours of work left before I can head home, iron my shirts (one for each round and one for the evening, obviously
:cool:), get my drinks and snacks bought from Sainsburys and get to cleaning my clubs.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just in the process of making a geeky bit of paper to record all the scores on, and have finalised the prizes (assuming I get a fiver off everyone) like this :

Best 2 round total - £40
2nd 2 round total - £25
Best single round (not won above) - £20
2nd single round (not won above) - £15
Nearest the pin (afternoon) - £10
Longest drive (afternoon) - £10

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just in the process of making a geeky bit of paper to record all the scores on, and have finalised the prizes (assuming I get a fiver off everyone) like this :

Best 2 round total - £40
2nd 2 round total - £25
Best single round (not won above) - £20
2nd single round (not won above) - £15
Nearest the pin (afternoon) - £10
Longest drive (afternoon) - £10

have you decided what format we're playing?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
have you decided what format we're playing?

As much as I like strokeplay, with a need to get round in reasonable times we'll be playing Stableford so people can pick up if they're having a nightmare on a particular hole.