Avengers - Endgame, warning spoilers

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rather than everyone pussy footing on the cinema thread I thought we should have a free for all on here.

I'm not a time travel fan, it creates too many issues. Modern Nebula killed old Nebula so surely modern Nebula should die at the same time? Capt America decides to stay in the past, does that not mean the last 12 years are messed up as he no longer becomes part of that history? It hurts my head.

Loved the humour of Thor, Hulk and Ant Man although Hulk can now go back to smashing please. Will Thor be in the next Guardians film or is the end scene temporary?

I hope Black Widow gets a prequel film, good character and deserves one.

I'd have turned the first 50 minutes into 10 and that would have improved the film big time for me. After that it was a cracker. The time travel aspect was crow barred in to solve the 'how to' issue so whilst I don't like that I understand why it was done.

I'd like to see that as the end of the Avengers as a concept, it was nicely wrapped up. Plenty of other films to be made without going there again.

Thoughts?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yes i agree the opening part was overlong, once that was out the way it really got going, Loved the Thor/ Quill banter at the end too, "Asgardians of the Galaxy" :D

One of the big "Really??" moments for us was why was Thanos so strong without the Gauntlet on?? Thor, Hulk and Marvel should have been able to take him down. Was it just the movie makers wanting to give us a epic fight?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m glad iron man is dead. I’ve hated him for a while.. too up his own arse. Didn’t like his treatment of cap either

Cap story works to an extent .. the last 12 years happened because he still went the future to go back and live it again. The question is does this wipe out agent carter tv show? All that didn’t happen? And did he stand by watching hydra in shield? Cuz he can’t act on it

My cousin saw it last night and she txt me this “don’t like the forced in your face femist scene they could have just had them all along side the others that would show their equal” I agree it was too look women we must show them all together rather than just be part of the team equally like everyone

When cap picked up Thor’s hammer 90% the cinema lost their minds but clearly don’t pay attention for one he is worthy and for 2 he did it before just hide it to keep Thor happy

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Thank you

Agree the beginning was far to drawn out
I can buy the element of chance that brings antman back (just) but unless the plot of a film is about time travel I just think it was lazy to use this to get everyone back
Great joke for Thor to be a couch slob but that was him done to offer any contribution in the Avengers biggest ever fight. Reduced from Immortal God of Thunder to a figure of fun comedic character. Serious flaw to fit in a one scene joke that left Thors Endgame a serious injustice

As already mentioned without the stones Thanos would be pumped silly by anyone of 3 or 4 Avengers. Hulk 'strongest' Avenger in particular but no, Hulk is reduced to a glorified Lab assistant, another injustice to the characters contribution to the series as he's neither DB or Hulk (& shrunk in size)
I don't get the love in with Iron man character letting him have the credit for killing Thanos (I guess I blinked and missed how the stones 'magically' moved from one gauntlet to the other)

I'll definitely watch again and get the DVD but overall it didn't live up to expectation

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’m glad iron man is dead. I’ve hated him for a while.. too up his own arse. Didn’t like his treatment of cap either

Cap story works to an extent .. the last 12 years happened because he still went the future to go back and live it again. The question is does this wipe out agent carter tv show? All that didn’t happen? And did he stand by watching hydra in shield? Cuz he can’t act on it

My cousin saw it last night and she txt me this “don’t like the forced in your face femist scene they could have just had them all along side the others that would show their equal” I agree it was too look women we must show them all together rather than just be part of the team equally like everyone

When cap picked up Thor’s hammer 90% the cinema lost their minds but clearly don’t pay attention for one he is worthy and for 2 he did it before just hide it to keep Thor happy

I agree but thats the way of modern films..... Being equal isn't enough anymore. You need positive discrimination. :(

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thank you

Agree the beginning was far to drawn out
I can buy the element of chance that brings antman back (just) but unless the plot of a film is about time travel I just think it was lazy to use this to get everyone back
Great joke for Thor to be a couch slob but that was him done to offer any contribution in the Avengers biggest ever fight. Reduced from Immortal God of Thunder to a figure of fun comedic character. Serious flaw to fit in a one scene joke that left Thors Endgame a serious injustice

As already mentioned without the stones Thanos would be pumped silly by anyone of 3 or 4 Avengers. Hulk 'strongest' Avenger in particular but no, Hulk is reduced to a glorified Lab assistant, another injustice to the characters contribution to the series as he's neither DB or Hulk (& shrunk in size)
I don't get the love in with Iron man character letting him have the credit for killing Thanos (I guess I blinked and missed how the stones 'magically' moved from one gauntlet to the other)

I'll definitely watch again and get the DVD but overall it didn't live up to expectation

That’s the thing thanos can beat them without the stones , he is a titan . They all needed to group together

Reason marvel was so powerful against him was the fact her powers come from a stone

He is a very strong villian

Thor still is so powerful though, fat or not he is a god so it doesn’t matter about his weight , look at the warriors with him in the warriors 3.

He still brought the fight at the end

The magic was because it was an iron man tech glove holding it tho wasn’t it, so anything can go to the other and such

Basically iron man is the “best” in his world everyone must accept it

Not a fan of his for a while as I said

Glad Thor lived. Hoping he is now a guardian

Only problem with these movies is I’m now in the dr strange club of knowing what happens but can’t tell anyone cuz they get the arse! 😂

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only plot hole that bugs me is the first stone they got

The timestone

So they had a limited chance to do this as they had one shot each

Guys heads up you have a stone that controls time in your Possession I think you could use that somehow ...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Yeah in my haste to have a whinge I'd overlooked that both were Stark 'tech' but if previous films have taught us anything its gotta be true that Gods beat Titans :sneaky:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks PJ. You are the Marvel geek we need to explain these things 😄👍

I think geek full stop prob helps 😂 I take far too much notice of stupid little things!!

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed it, I’m not one to go back to a cinema for a movie .. think the only one I have was dark knight rises because I’m a massive batman fan and because I dragged the wife (wife to be then) that was before she stopped giving a rats about these movies lol

End game was just brilliant though

My mate from work and I had tickets for 15:00 on the Thursday he got out work early got there at 14:00 so I rushed down and they let us exchange for the 14:30 lol meant I was home to put my daughter to bed aswell happy days

I’ll watch it again on dvd. (When I make the wife suffer it)

I’ll miss the cap. I thought Bucky should have got the shield because I think falcon is a bit crap of a character and because Bucky has the same steroids in him lol..

I’m glad this thread is here.. a place to let it all out lol

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah in my haste to have a whinge I'd overlooked that both were Stark 'tech' but if previous films have taught us anything its gotta be true that Gods beat Titans :sneaky:

Very true, took storm breaker to beat him in the other movie tho, should have gone for the head saved all of this! Lol

I’m wondering if we will get a young Ironman replace him.. that teenager at his funeral who I was like who the hell is that guy? Apparently it’s the kid who helped tony rebuild his suit in middle of nowhere in iron man 3. Could be a take up the mantle kinda guy

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Very true, took storm breaker to beat him in the other movie tho, should have gone for the head saved all of this! Lol

I’m wondering if we will get a young Ironman replace him.. that teenager at his funeral who I was like who the hell is that guy? Apparently it’s the kid who helped tony rebuild his suit in middle of nowhere in iron man 3. Could be a take up the mantle kinda guy

I did wonder who that was (thought some oik from the latest vampire/wolf teen flick had popped in from the studio next door!)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They said before this morning that this wasn’t actually the end to phrase 3 but that Spider-Man far from home was

Now I wonder if that was just to throw everyone off because this movie pretty much seemed the end to me!

The lack of post and mid credits scene summed that up for me. Nothing left in the journey.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
They said before this morning that this wasn’t actually the end to phrase 3 but that Spider-Man far from home was

Now I wonder if that was just to throw everyone off because this movie pretty much seemed the end to me!

The lack of post and mid credits scene summed that up for me. Nothing left in the journey.

Just that few seconds of audio (which I did happen to stay for) Sounded like someone hammering/making a metal weapon

Wolf

Visit site
The whole time issue of Nebula for example still living after she killed her other self was explained by Banner/Hulk when he said how it's not like the movies that once your current self exists in that time line you become part of that time history/future it's all effectively a big circle so that why she didn't die when she killed her other self because she was effectively in that time line first! All a bit confusing but the devil is in the detail with that one.

Hoping Thor continues to be an Asguardian of the Galaxy that will be fun to see.

They all had there own integral parts to play including Captain Marvel who I kind of like, helps that she looks like Mrs Wolf 😁.

Cap proved himself worthy to hold Molnjir hence why he got the hammer, Black Widow death was fitting as she was becoming null and void the more heroes with actual powers we got though from what I've read she is getting a prequel movie. Also think Bucky should have got the Shield at the end instead of Falcon would make a better Captain America.

The only thing I'm not overly keen on is how Hulk/Banner kind of are one and the same at the moment, no problem with coexisting but I would prefer Banner to be Banner and to let the Hulk out when needed rather than this weird hybrid we have.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The whole time issue of Nebula for example still living after she killed her other self was explained by Banner/Hulk when he said how it's not like the movies that once your current self exists in that time line you become part of that time history/future it's all effectively a big circle so that why she didn't die when she killed her other self because she was effectively in that time line first! All a bit confusing but the devil is in the detail with that one.

Hoping Thor continues to be an Asguardian of the Galaxy that will be fun to see.

They all had there own integral parts to play including Captain Marvel who I kind of like, helps that she looks like Mrs Wolf 😁.

Cap proved himself worthy to hold Molnjir hence why he got the hammer, Black Widow death was fitting as she was becoming null and void the more heroes with actual powers we got though from what I've read she is getting a prequel movie. Also think Bucky should have got the Shield at the end instead of Falcon would make a better Captain America.

The only thing I'm not overly keen on is how Hulk/Banner kind of are one and the same at the moment, no problem with coexisting but I would prefer Banner to be Banner and to let the Hulk out when needed rather than this weird hybrid we have.

I thought the hybrid was hilarious!

Your right Bucky would make a much better captain and be truer to the comics of old rather comics they wrote a few years ago to fit this in

Cap picked up the hammer in avenegers age of ultron was it but he didn’t wanna show off.. Thor clocked it hence “I knew you could!!!”

You mean back to the future is bullshit?! 😂

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I thought the hybrid was hilarious!

Your right Bucky would make a much better captain and be truer to the comics of old rather comics they wrote a few years ago to fit this in

Cap picked up the hammer in avenegers age of ultron was it but he didn’t wanna show off.. Thor clocked it hence “I knew you could!!!”

You mean back to the future is bullshit?! 😂

And "Die Hard" ;) (great subtle line i thought re Christmas movies)