The Last of Us (SPOILERS) (MAY ALSO CONTAIN HINTS AND SPOILERS FOR PART 2)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Knowing nothing of the game or plot before watching I did enjoy it. That said I found the final episode very discombobulating as our hero didn’t do what heroes are supposed to do. And I hadn’t twigged what would have to be done with Ellie when they got to the Fireflies.

One question…Marlene in the final episode…was she not in there at the outset getting Joel to take Ellie out West? Or was that a different character.

Anyway. I did enjoy it for the human relationships aspects and it not being just another ‘zombie apocalypse’ series.

In which case it's done its job. :) The story telling of that whole first "game" and series is great.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought it was a really nice touch that in the finale Ellie’s mother is played by Ashley Johnson who plays Ellie in the games. Created a sense of deja vu and recognisable, almost genetic, association. At one point early on I’d thought they’d CGI’d Bella Ramsey to look older until I twigged who it actually was.

WTF? That's awesome! I hadn't even twigged.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, to give them proper credit it’s more than just voice acting as it’s the whole performance capture. Anyway, I just completely failed to see it with Ellie’s mum at first which I felt really dumb about!

Did you notice who one of the nurses in the finale was? edit: don’t want it to be too spoilery, just a rhetorical question :)

Can you enlighten please (PM if we're avoiding spoilers...although I've not played the 2nd game yet...just in case it ruins that haha)

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The nurse is/becomes a significant character in the Last Of Us 2. And will answer some of the gaps that people have identified about Ellie’s treatment.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
FFS!

Luckily a lass from work is going to lend me her copy of Part 2. Look forward to completing that in about 12 months time :LOL:

You can normally buy it for about a tenner now so may find a copy and replay them both (already got a digital copy of the PS4 version of the first game).

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going back to the game, IIRC you got the option to kill the surgeon at the end. Did I imagine that? Obviously I just double tapped him 🤣

From memory I think it’s unavoidable, you have some choices in whether to disarm, melee, or shoot him but it all ends with him dead whatever you do.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s been a while since I played it, I keep resisting downloading it on PS Plus 🤣

Do it, wife is away for the next few days and so I now have a choice between downloading that, playing part 2 again, starting God of War Ragnarok or having another go at Demon Souls to see if I can stick it out.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do it, wife is away for the next few days and so I now have a choice between downloading that, playing part 2 again, starting God of War Ragnarok or having another go at Demon Souls to see if I can stick it out.

Ha ha I’m holding out for the remake to come down in price, I’m prepared to wait to be wowed.
Never fancied Demon Souls, not really a slasher fan plus it’s also supposed to be absolutely rock hard 😱

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ha ha I’m holding out for the remake to come down in price, I’m prepared to wait to be wowed.
Never fancied Demon Souls, not really a slasher fan plus it’s also supposed to be absolutely rock hard 😱

Will probably do the same with The Last of Us. Think I will start Ragnarok. Brother bought it for me for Xmas and I have been putting it to one side (for Midnight Suns and Hogwarts Legacy) as I am one of the few people who only thought the first one was OK, think I only bothered to finish it mid last year.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a big fan of the game I thoroughly enjoyed it, although I think there were a few bits left out that they could have made another episode or two from, or at least made the last one a feature length.
Haven't played no.2 as I've heard some poor reviews, its bound to be on ps plus soon now I would have thought

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Enjoyed it. Finished tonight

Was expecting more in the finale as people said it was brutal? That was tame...

If you want brutal wait until the golf club in the second game.