Foursomes with a Pro... any last bit of advice?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I never understand this "never apologise" rubbish.

If my foursomes partner makes a complete hash of a shot then they'd damned well better apologise for it, maybe give me a sleeve of balls to make up for it.
When we played a foursomes match in an interclub matchplay comp my partner and I did nothing other than to berate each other at every opportunity when a poor shot was hit...sometimes even when a good shot was played.

Our opponents, much younger than us and much better golfers than us we're later overheard in the bar, asking our team Captain if "those two REALLY didn't like each other".

It wasn't deliberate...it was just a bit of banter which we carried on to the extreme.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never understand this "never apologise" rubbish.

If my foursomes partner makes a complete hash of a shot then they'd damned well better apologise for it, maybe give me a sleeve of balls to make up for it.
And a signed glove perhaps?

When we played a foursomes match in an interclub matchplay comp my partner and I did nothing other than to berate each other at every opportunity when a poor shot was hit...sometimes even when a good shot was played.

Our opponents, much younger than us and much better golfers than us we're later overheard in the bar, asking our team Captain if "those two REALLY didn't like each other".

It wasn't deliberate...it was just a bit of banter which we carried on to the extreme.
Me and my mate are a bit like that. We bring the best out of each other when we're playing against each other for bragging rights, so when we play as a pair it feels weird to be overly positive. Better if the threat of being abused in front of our opponents looms large in the air. 😁 And we definitely don't apologise.