Pro Tips for a 36-Hole Match?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
:p I could have worded that better

Your normal stuff got you to the final, just do more of the same and you will probably win. (y)
You do not have to 'up your game' because you are in a final.
Yeah I knew what you meant really. I've learned that foursomes is about playing safe and keeping the ball in play for your partner more than anything else. Then if you can do that, like any matchplay, it comes down to holing putts.

sunshine

Visit site
Don’t forget to pack your tent and sleeping bag in case the weather closes in during your second round. Life jacket and oxygen mask too.

The amount of over thinking in this thread is comical. Remember you are playing golf. No need for extra shoes, shirts, buggy etc. Just bring enough snacks and drinks to last 36 holes.

sunshine

Visit site
A pair of fresh socks and shoes a must for me. I also like to have a different shirt as well. Eat a little and often in both rounds and stay hydrated in both. Other than that play it as any other round of golf. Don't try to do anything different as its a final and as its two rounds you still have time to get back into it

Don’t try and do anything different? So you normally get changed half way through your round? Is this to meet your sponsors obligations?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was a very close match, and went the full 36 holes, but unfortunately we lost in the end. My change of socks and shirt didn't help me at all, thanks for nothing everyone!
Should have had a couple of pints instead🤣🤪. Unlucky to lose but you did well to reach the final. Not an easy format.

sunshine

Visit site
It was a very close match, and went the full 36 holes, but unfortunately we lost in the end. My change of socks and shirt didn't help me at all, thanks for nothing everyone!

We need to know what advice you followed.

I suspect you got tired lugging around all the extra gear recommended on this thread and faded over the final holes :ROFLMAO:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well done, I hope you enjoyed the game.

I seem to remember the close matches/competitions that I lost better than the ones I won.

Saying that, I had totally blanked a third place in a Scottish scratch foursomes Pro Am [when I was 17 years old] that my wife's recent family history research unearthed.
I finished in third place two years later when I recall holing a mid iron second shot for an eagle at the second hole in front of the first tee and clubhouse.
Totally forgot about the first time.